Under Fire

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everyone down!" Sehun shouted.

 His command resonated through the room and further into the large hallways like a sonorous wave.

Yoon felt Sehun push her to the ground with his body shielding her. Everyone else had dropped to their bellies as the low rumbles lasted for a few more seconds before everything settled into an eerie silence and stillness. "You okay?" Sehun whispered. His expression was grim, but there was that protective nature of a father present in his eyes. There was also a tint of worry gathered there too.

"I'm good." She assured him with a shaky smile. He nodded solemnly, pressed a kiss to her forehead and was up on his feet, throwing orders to and fro like the King he was. Guards quickly filled the door-way, and Sehun lead Dr Hong to them to keep safe in the safehouse. Soon everyone was up, and then she felt solid arms encircle her waist, and a familiar scent filled her nose as Kai drew his face into the junction of her neck. "You are not leaving again Princess." His words felt like heat against her skin. Yoon didn't have the chance to say anything as Kai pulled her towards the guards. She didn't have time to think as he drew a similar mask to the ones she usually wore, and slipped it on her face with deft fingers. "Kai, what-"

"No more." He cut her sentence off, and pulled her towards the few guards who hadn't left yet. "Take her to the safehouse and make sure she doesn't leave or that she gets hurt. If I find just one piece of her hair removed, I'll be coming after you. Understand?"

The guards gulped, "Y-Yes."

"Good, now take her." He forced one of the guards to guide her away.

Yoon shook her head in annoyance, "What do you think you're doing Kai?"

"Saving you." He turned around, moving towards Hana. He took her into his arms and handed her to one of the other guards who remaind silent throughout the ordeal. "Take her to the safehouse also and ensure that medical aid is there to assist her injuries."

The guard solemnly nodded, and then Kai took one long glance of Yoon. She couldn't pick out what he was thinking then, but she couldn't let herself be taken away if she could be of help. "I'm not going with them Kai." She protested.

Kai shook his head once and gave a signal to the guard holding her upper arms.

Suddenly, she found her surroundings mixing into a splendor of dark colours and incoherent shapes. It only lasted for a few seconds, but by the time she felt her feet meet solid ground, she collapsed onto her knees. Her guard was already emptying his insides on the side, and Hana was near her feet, still detatched from reality.

Fighting off the nausea, Yoon stumbled onto her feet. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust to her dim surroundings. There were people huddled to the side of the room, their trembling forms and fearful expressions highlighted by the flickering flames attatched to the sides of the castle walls. There were a few children mixed in the group, their expressions more horrified by the unknown. She didn't need to see them to answer the fact that she smelt cold fear hovering in the air like a dark, leaden weight on their shoulders. It was overwhelming.

Yoon bit back a curse. Kai had teleported her, along with the guards, Hana and Dr Hong.

There was no way she could escape because there was no door in the safehouse. The only way one could get in was through teleportation. Sehun had a few special guards with the ability at hand, and they rarely came into action until now. More people were popping up. Some were greeted with loud cries, and others into teary embraces of relief.

"Take me back." She demanded the guard responsible for her welfare.

On closer inspection, he was probably around the same age as her with lanky limbs and shaggy hair. "I'm sorry, but I've been ordered to keep you safe." Despite his frail image, his voice was not. His words were firm and determined. A slither of unease spread through her veins.

"Take. Me. Back." She reiterated.

"Even if I wanted to, I can't. I'm not a teleporter nor is anyone else in the room. They're all outside, zapping people in here for safety." He dismissed her with a shrug and stalked off to check on the others.

Helpless, Yoon settled her attention on Hana. Dr Hong was at her side with her head tucked on his lap. He was keeping her safe and fended away a few people who were staring at her with pure curiosity.

Knowing she was safe, Yoon had to figure a way outside.

 

 

"You okay?" D.O asked.

Kai ran his hands through his hair, and shook his head. "I don't know."

D.O nodded, and understood. "We'll do this later. We have to find out who caused that mini earthquake."

After speaking to I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter