Re-encounter

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aren’t you going to school?” Jaesun asked, as he buttoned up his shirt at Yoon’s doorway. Yoon yawned, and sat up in her bed. “Pardon?” She mumbled, rubbed her palms over her eyes. She blinked furiously and averted her eyes to Jaseun who was now treading into her room. Her bed dipped as he sat at the edge of her bed. “Are you going to school?” He repeated.

Yoon shook her head slowly when realisation dawned on her. Kai already discovered who she was, and it wasn’t safe for her to go either. Considering that they were mates, it would be inevitable to cross paths at school. Yoon snapped out of her trance when she felt something warm against her cheek. She blinked, and saw that it was Jaesun. His palm was resting on her cheek, and his warm eyes studied her for a long moment.

“I can’t go to school Jaesun. You know why.” She sighed.

His fingers drifted to her jaw, and it affectionately. “I should stay too. They’ll probably found out that we’re connected.”

Yoon frowned. “If you don’t say anything, they won’t find out.”

“Still.” Jaseun then retracted his fingers and placed it under his chin. “Your scent is slightly on me since we live together. If they remember your scent very clearly, they could pick it out and then they’ll ultimately find out.” He said nonchalantly, shrugging of his coat. He placed the pristine material over his lap, and gave a sigh. “You know, sometimes I forget that you’re the princess.”

“Is that a bad thing?”

“No.” Jaesun replied, “Just…..I don’t know.” His words drifted into a bleak silence.

Yoon knitted her brows together, and curled a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She glanced around her room, and savoured the comfortable environment she grew up in the last years. It was humble, and suited her. She didn’t want to ponder the thought of growing up in the palace with alert maids catering to her every need, and everyone’s eyes observing her every move. She quivered at the thought. She’d hate to sacrifice her freedom.

“Kids! Kids!” Luhan marched into her room.

Yoon darted her gaze to the door where Luhan stood in his robe. His hair was messy, and his eyes were groggy with heavy fatigue.

“Go put some damn clothes on.” Jaseun muttered.

Luhan disregarded him, and glanced over to Yoon. “Do you mind going to the market to fetch some watermelon? My beloved would like some.”

“Go get it yourself.” Jaseun cut in.

Luhan sent him an even glare, and averted his gaze to Yoon. A smile sprung at his lips, and he leaned against the door frame. “So would you do an old man a favour and grab me two watermelons?”

Since she wasn’t going back to the Academy, she acquiesced. “Okay.”

Before Luhan left, he placed his attention on his son. “Son, go with her. She’ll need a man to defend her.”

“What man?” Yoon snorted, teasing the boy.

Luhan snickered behind his palm. “Yoon, be kind now.” He playfully scolded.

“Yes sir.” Yoon smirked, poking Jaseun in the shoulder. Jaseun scrunched his nose, and stuck the finger up for his dear father. Unfortunately, Luhan sensed the wordless profane, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter