Exposed

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon blinked in her surroundings. This morning she had woke up when the sky was a deep blue, indicating the early hours of the morning. She showered and dressed into the pristine uniform of the Academy. She was up before Jaseun, Luhan and even Hana who was usually awake before anyone since she prepared breakfast.

Yoon took the scarce opportunity to head to the Academy early, and sit in the library to finish off some class work she didn’t get to finish. Being caught up in a lot of things had hindered her time to study.

 The library was quite modern, yet there was an old, deep-rooted sense about the spacious room.

The books were fitted onto tall, wide shelves that ran metres forwards. One particular statue caught her attention, it was painted in bright red colouring, and its canines stretched artistically to the bottom lip. Yoon stared at its hard, black orbs that reflected her image clearly. She almost swept her fingers over its head, but a cough halted her.

She turned her head, and caught sight of a stubby, middle-aged woman glaring daggers at her. “Don’t touch that. Those are only for display.” She snapped.

Yoon awkwardly retracted her hand and nodded at the librarian. “Ah yes. Sorry. I got carried away.”

The woman rolled her eyes under her thick-rimmed spectacles and strutted off in a hasty stalk.

Yoon cursed, and disregarded the red wolf. She found a group of tables beside the second row of shelves, and sat at the circular glass table that seated 6 people. She dumped her bag onto the surface, zipping it open and pulling out random equipment. She flipped open her Science textbook and opened another book to scribble her notes in. Yoon didn’t get far, because her mind reeled back to Kai.

She released a sigh, and began to tap her pencil against the table thoughtfully.

What was she to do?

She began pondering other thoughts, but her concentration broke upon a noisy arrival into the library. Loud, heavy thumps of steps resonated in the library, and Yoon wondered who had entered the room with uproarious steps. She tried to peer over the 2 shelves that obscured her view from the front desk, but she still couldn’t see. Defeated, Yoon slumped back into her seat and resumed scanning the boring textbook.

Hushed whispers echoed through the silence, and soon, the whispers began to form into rushed, raised voices.

“How could they infiltrate our grounds?”

“Listen Ms Im, just go to the staffroom and wait there with the other students. This is only a temporary lock down until those coyotes are out of school grounds.”

“Okay but there is a student in here.”

“You know you’re not supposed to allow students in here before school hours. It doesn’t matter, go and I’ll deal with his student.”

“Okay but be careful, she’s a Rogue.”

“Go Ms Im.”

Yoon froze mid-way from writing another letter. She heard their conversation, and so she hastily packed her things to leave. She didn’t need to receive someone’s angry shouting to shoo her away. Standing up, Yoon pulled her bag over behind her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter