Allies Or Enemies

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I knew it."

Yoon paused half-way through her gaping window. She looked up to see Jaesun sitting on the edge of her bed, clouded with shadows. He left the lights off, but she could see he was holding a glass of beer in his grip from the shiny glint reflected off the crystal glass. She could smell the horrid reek of alcohol staining the air. She climbed in the rest of the way, surprised by Jaesun's presence. Sure, he came to her room sometimes but definitely not without the lights on, or with him nursing a beer in his hand.

She marched towards him, and snatched the half-empty bottle from him. "What are you doing drinking this Jaesun? You're underage." She scolded, pouring the foul-smelling liquid out the window, then dumping the glass with a ping in the waste bin.

Jaesun didn't even protest. He just sat there like a statue, staring into nothing.

"Jaesun?" She called out gently this time.

"That's my name." A bitter smirk spread across his lips a beat later.

Yoon's eyes narrowed, "How many did you drink Jaesun?" She demanded.

Jaesun cocked his head to the side, and held out five fingers. "This many. Why?" He wiggled them in the air with a snicker.

"You're drunk." Yoon sighed. She moved around him to switch on the lamp. When the dim orange light crawled across her walls, illuminating the room, she was shocked to see Jaesun clad in nothing but grey boxer shorts. He groaned when the light stung his eyes, but he laid down on her bed, holding his arms behind his head to nestle his brown hair. "You smell like him." He mumbled sleepily.

"Like who?" Yoon asked distractedly. She was busy using her sensitive senses to pinpoint Hana and Luhan. She tried to scent them out, but they weren't in the house. She returned her attention back to Jaesun, "Where are your parents?"

He slowly propped himself onto his elbows, still preferring to lay on the bed. A few damp strands of his hair stuck to his forehead. "They went to meet with their insider to dicuss the layout for the palace."

For someone who'd been drinking, Jaesun was nowhere near intoxicated as he should be. He was perfectly coherent, and coordinated except for his blood-shot eyes and stale alcoholic breath.

Yoon perched on her desk, facing Jaesun. She twirled a pencil around her fingers, scanning him from head to toe. Beside his shorts, he was wearing a pair of Pororo ankle socks. She stifled an amused grin. She had to figure out why Jaseun was drinking tonight, looking like a two tonne truck had run him over, repeatedly.

"You going to tell me what's wrong?" Yoon asked, keeping her gaze firmly on him. He scrunched up his face, then flopped back onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. "Your lips are swollen by the way." He instead replies. Yoon barely caught his words, but when the words registered in her brain, she immediately brushed her fingers against them. She smiled at the memory of Kai holding her against him, and the way he decorated her skin with feather-like kisses.

They only broke apart when the moon hung in the sky, telling them they had to seperate. Their little world between them had been frozen, but then ticked into motion again. Reality swept in, and dissolved their moment of peace.

Yoon slid the pencil back into the glass holder, "Is this why you're drinking because you know-"

"Just shut up Yoon." He didn't sound angry, just tired as he laid there. "I was just worried. You didn't come home last night, and you didn't call to say you were alright. You don't have to worry about mum and dad interoggating. I covered you. It's just that you're disappearing more these days and I'm concerned, especially since you're the princess."

As much as she appreciated Jaesun's care, she was disappointed that he would resort to drinking. "I'm sure I can handle myself out there for a bit without you or your parents worrying. I appreciate it, but I'm old enough to know when or not I should be out. "

"That's just it!" Jaesun clenched the bedsheets into his fists, sitting up. "You don't know what sick things are out there. You're a prime target here. Most people in the kingdom think of you as good as dead, but there are some that know you're alive. Who says your mate won't snitch on you the moment you leave him every time?"

"He won't." Yoon solmenly replied. She trusted Kai. He wouldn't tell a soul. She had faith in him.

Jaesun merely scoffed, not the least convinced. "Whatever Yoon. I don't want to be the one saying 'I told you so' when he turns your back on you. I hope you will come to realise who the real enemy is sooner or later."

 

 

Morning came, and neither Luhan or Hana returned. Jaesun had already left, cause his shoes weren't in the front. Yoon refused to feel apologetic. She got that Jaesun was just being protective. However, he didn't know Kai the way she did, nor did he share a bond with him.

When her schedule exhibited Combat Class, Yoon suddenly felt anxious heading to the field knowing Kai would be there. She remembered how soft his lips had been pressed against her own. Flutters erupted low in her belly, and a shock of warmth zapped the length of her spine. She could still feel the goosebumps from his soft caresses that circled her jaw as he plundered with such thoroughness.

Today, she dressed in her usual combat clothes and black mask she kept strapped on the lower half of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter