Coyotes

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon ran as far as her agile legs could take her. She knew that Kai recognised her, but she also knew that she was never, ever going to return to the Academy again. She wasn’t going to risk seeing him again, and letting her plans to exterminate the Royal Family falter because of this one fatal distraction.

Yoon made it to the lawn, but halted when she saw big, silver animals surrounding her with wicked growls. She gasped, and stumbled a few steps back. Coyotes were right in front of her. She took several steps back but a deep growl stopped her. She snapped her head back to see a few coyotes surrounding her from behind. Yoon trembled, and slowly turned around to see she was fully circled and totally helpless to escape.

The coyotes regarded her closely, almost smirking at her discomfort. It was what any predator did to their prey. They taunted and taunted until they leapt for the final death blow. They snapped their jaws teasingly, and slimy drool dripped from their opened jaws. Yoon could see their sharp teeth, glistening with putrid saliva.

Yoon felt her heart hammering riotously in her chest. She wrapped her arms around her and mutely observed the coyotes. When one of the beasts lunged for her, Yoon ducked from instinct with a muffled squeal, and the coyote leaped stupidly over her, landing on another unfortunate coyote.

They landed in a tangle of furry limbs in the far corner.

The coyotes that stayed in defensive poses, stood straighter, angry that she dodged an attack. They growled animatedly, yapping their jaws with burning fury. Yoon could feel them approaching her slowly with determination. Yoon had only one option that could save her from being ripped to pieces- morphing.

At first, she hesitated. She had to be careful. She rarely morphed into her wolf form but now was a dire time. She would just have to ensure that no one except for the coyotes spotted her in her beastly form. Her unique wolf shading would attract attention.

Closing her eyes, she let her inner beast overpower her human form. Bones snapped, and realigned to form the hidden animal within her. When her transformation was complete, Yoon could see her uniform ripped to shreds from her transformation, but she could also see that the coyotes were shocked with her wolf form. Their growls had died down, and they were slowly inching back.

She was bigger than all female wolves but her pale, silky coat was a huge give-away to their surprised expressions. Only Royal lineage possessed a white coating for their wolf.

It didn’t take a genius to realise that she was part of the Royal Family.

The coyotes appeared perturbed with their victim. They wanted to retreat, but Yoon needed to rid of them before students arrived, and saw her or the coyotes. Yoon crouched warningly on her hind legs, waiting for the coyotes to initiate the first move.

With her heightened sense, she could vividly smell and see the fear rolling from their hairy bodies in thick, heavy waves.

‘What’s wrong? You don’t want to attack me now?’ Yoon taunted.

The coyotes growled viciously, and that was when they formulated their decision.

They would attack her.

3 pounced towards her, but Yoon was swift. Thanks to the training she received from Luhan and Jaesun, she gained some skill to avoid attacks and land some nasty hits herself. She jumped up, and clamped her jaws on one of their necks. The coyote hissed in pain, but Yoon shook her head violently, and successfully tore the animal’s head off. There was atleast 10 more coyotes to deal with and Yoon engaged herself into another fight, sinking her canines into another coyote’s leg.

She broke his leg with a few forceful chomps, and then the animal slumped lifelessly onto the grass, drowning in his own blood. Yoon could taste the bitter iron in her buds, and she spat it out, glarin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter