Escape Stratagem

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Kai left to do some of his duties, he placed a pair of knee-lengthened shorts and a plain shirt on the mattress, ordering that Yoon should wear it after her shower. Yoon reluctantly agreed, and slipped into the bathroom with the clothes clutched in her palms. She hung it on the towel rack and stripped off the shirt Kai had given her earlier. Stepping in the shower, she began to scrub herself clean with the hot water and soap. She lathered her hair with shampoo and conditioner, and rinsed away the bubbles. When she finished, she slipped into her clothes, and dried her hair.

The clothes fit her rather well, and it was a bonus that it was comfortable.  Glancing around Kai’s room, she was stunned to find glass ornaments sitting on a tall shelf in the corner. They glinted in the light, and were profound with details. She spotted a glass figurine of an angel, but her eyes rested on the white wolf on the centre of the shelf. She reached out to touch the delicate figurine, but then a familiar scent raided her nose.

Her sister’s scent.

She could literally smell her, and feel her presence nearing the room. She stiffened when she felt her sister freeze outside the door. She could even see the shadow of her figure reflecting onto the carpet. Yoon gulped, and prayed that her scent was still shadowed. Relief flooded her when her sister left. She eased onto Kai’s bed. Once again, his tantalising scent cocooned her. Every item of his was saturated in his delicious scent.

She lay on her back, with her arms beneath her head. She began to hum a soft melody whilst she planned a way to escape the palace, without Kai detecting her. Kai was more of an obstacle to her since he could identify her from a mile away; after all, he was the one who deciphered her identity and that itself was scary.

Yoon hadn’t realised she dozed off until she woke up with everything benighted. She slowly sat up, rubbing under her eyes and surveying her surroundings. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, and judging by the faintness of Kai’s scent in the room, he hasn’t returned since he left earlier in the day.

Something inside Yoon cringed at that specific thought. Forcing herself to dispel of the thought, Yoon slipped away from the bed and paced the room. She really needed to leave now. The rogues were probably worrying about her now, especially Jaesun. *There should be something around here to help me.* Yoon mused. She couldn’t evacuate using the door. It was too predictable. Determined, Yoon began to search his room for a rope. She found one beneath a cluster of shoes and books. Grinning, she lifted the window and glanced down to see no guards lingering at the bottom.

Yoon quickly tied one end of the rope to the leg of the bed, and threw the other end outside the window. She pulled the rope to see if it would untie, and since it didn’t budge, Yoon figured it would be stable enough to hold her weight. Looking over her shoulder once more, Yoon eased herself out the window carefully. She tightly clasped onto the rope and descended carefully.

The exhilaration of escaping in the middle of the night made her blood run warm a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter