Missing You

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Glad wasn’t the word Yoon would’ve used as she heard the shriek of the bell resonate thunderously in the air, ceasing class. After Sanghee left, she had focused solely on exercising her limbs until they tensed from fatigue. Not once did her eyes stray to Kai, who she could feel was looking straight at her now. Tingles flourished behind her nape. It was the only signal she had when Kai was in close proximity to her.

She hitched her bag over her shoulder, intending to leave hastily but Kai caught her fingers swiftly. She tried to ignore the electricity that danced between the slight contact but ended up pulled her fingers away from his calloused grip. Kai frowned down at her, “You’re angry.”

It was a statement.

Yoon shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, and adjusted the straps on her bag. “I have another class I need to attend, so if you excuse me….” She pivoted on her heels to leave.

“Now just wait up.” Kai pulled her close to his firm chest, despite her hissed protests. His arms suddenly enveloped her into a warm cocoon of comfort until they were chest to chest, and toe to toe. His gorgeous scent wrapped around her as she studied those familiar dark eyes that reflected her image. “Did this have to do anything with Sanghee?” He asked quietly, letting his rough fingers sweep across her cheekbone.

For some reason, she liked that his fingers weren’t soft but masculine and rough. It proved how often he handled his weapons, and fought as part of the Royal Pack.

Yoon shuddered, and fought the urge to tilt her head back with a moan. “No.”

His fingers slipped to her pulse that was hammering wildly, “You lie.”

“No I’m not.” Yoon snapped out from her trance to glare up at him.

Kai refused to let her go, and kept his firm grip on her. He hated it when she glared at him. Rather than making him angry, it only wounded him that he caused his mate to feel like that. He studied her eyes carefully, which were framed by the sootiest lashes he’d ever seen. Long, curved and a part of his beautiful mate. Overall, utter beauty. He softened his features and caught one of her loose tresses, coiling it around her finger. “I’m sorry.” He suddenly apologized, holding her straight lock in his hand between his fingers.

She found herself speechless by his unexpected apology. The sincerity bled through his words. She emitted a soft sigh, and planted her palms over his tense biceps. “You’re with her aren’t you?” She asked, hating herself for putting the question out there.

“No, I rejected her. If you paid attention to the whole scene earlier, you would’ve noticed she left crying.”

Now that Yoon hadn’t seen. She had been consumed into the green depth of jealousy. To feel such an ugly emotion bubble inside her disgusted her. She was almost being clingy when her relationship with Kai was blurry. Wait, did she even have a relationship with him to begin with? Did she even want a relationship?

Kai’s hands fell to her hips, where his fingers slightly dug into the fabric of her shirt, warming her bare skin underneath. Every time he touched her, warmth would spread upon that certain spot. “I’m sorry if I upset you.”

“You don’t need to apologise Kai. I ‘m sorry too. I’m struggling with this concept of mates, and I’m not sure if we’re even a thing-“

“Now hold up just a second,” A possessive gleam sparked into his eyes. She swore his grip on her tightened. Not painful, but determined. “Let me clear this up princess. I’m your mate. You’re my mate. We belong together. Therefore, we are a thing.” He enunciated clearly so there would be no room for confusion.

Yoon found herself staring at the grass all green and dewy. She bit her lip, and contemplated Kai’s words. They were together, like he said. They were a thing. She couldn’t believe her ears when the words were uttered. Even more so, she was stunned by the gentleness of his eyes and fierce protectiveness laced in his words.

Suddenly reeled into ice cold water, she jerked back from his arms. Kai looked completely baffled as he blinked but Yoon couldn’t handle the sudden change of talk. She never really was comfortable with deep conversations or personal matters.  The way Kai was staring at her freaked her out. Like she was it for him. Like she was his everything and entire galaxy. Whatever it was, Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter