Possessive Mate

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon sat at the back of the car while Kai steered the vehicle smoothly down the road. She had argued against him and tried to sneak a kick to his gut, but Kai simply dragged her into the car, and slammed the door behind her with ease. She didn’t like that she was still blushing from where his hand had rested earlier.

They have been travelling for atleast 15 minutes, and Yoon knew she was in deep trouble. Atleast, the blush had faded from her cheeks. Instead,  a frisson of discomfiture weighed her down, and the dread spoiled her mood.

She could see the palace approaching, its immaculate walls glimmering radiantly beneath the radiant sun. She gulped tightly, feeling foolish but exhausted at the same time. She rested her head against the leather seat, and comforted herself with its cool texture. Her eyes widened a fraction as the vehicle bumped into a terse stop. The tyres swept over the rubble, splashing dirt on the windows.

They made it inside the palace gates, and Yoon could clearly see the palace. Its palatial luxury and ancient baroque architecture brought forth a gush of memories into her head.

The door on her side opened abruptly, and Kai stood before her, shirtless and reeking with his formidable character. He leaned into the car, and Yoon shifted further away. Kai emanated a sigh, and held out a hand, “Get out, or I’ll force you out myself.” He muttered under his breath.

Yoon frowned, and remained stubborn. There was no way she was going to plant herself at the core of danger.

“Then I guess it’s the other option.” Kai muttered, crawling into the car and latching onto her slender wrist. He effortlessly tugged her gently towards him, and she yelped, clawing at the front seats. Kai growled and forcefully pulled her out until she was close enough so that he could wrap his arms around her lithe body. He dextrously hoisted her up over his shoulders, and slammed the car door shut with his foot. His hand returned to her back-side to keep the fabric down. Yet, Yoon was unconcerned about his wondering hands. She was going to be sick just seeing her childhood home.

“P-Please don’t let them see me. Please.” Yoon begged, panicking as Kai strolled nimbly to the entrance of the opulent palace.

“No can do.” Kai replied, resuming his quick, even pace.

Yoon could feel tears b in her eyes. She wasn’t sad at all, rather frustrated and infuriated because of Kai. She banished her childhood memories, forgetting the exultant memories, but savouring the bitter ones. If she saw her kin, she didn’t want to run into their arms. She had to recoil, and leave immediately.

She could envisage her father, her mother and sister racing to her side and suffocating her with questions concerning her absence in the last years. She didn’t want to face their faces, because if she were to see them, her plan of killing them would subside and she’ll be left to harbour the guilt of trying to murder them and betraying Luhan, Jaesun, Hana and the Rogues whom were her family.

Kai waded through the throngs of people and ignored the greetings he received on his way through the grand corridors. Yoon’s vision was blurry due to the unshed tears gathered in her eyes. She held her arms close to her chest, and didn’t dare to loop her arms around him.

Kai took them to the middle floor, where his headquarters was located. She remembered t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter