The Search Begins

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?” Yoon whispered in disbelief.

Luhan summoned a lazy grin, and lounged further into his seat. “Come on, I know that Kai is your mate. Your expression doesn’t even mask it.”

Yoon covered her face, and glanced at Luhan with curious, black eyes. “How do you know?” She asked after a while.

Luhan waved his wrist dismissively with nonchalance, “Years ago I found out. It’s a miracle how many things one notices when they really observe their surroundings. You were too young at the time to know that Kai was your mate, but Kai knew. He always knew. He followed you like a rag doll with no brain, and his eyes was always dreamy for you. He wasn’t only whipped for you; the look in his eyes gave him away. Pure love and adoration at its finest.” Luhan smiled wistfully.

Yoon only remembered short glimpses of her childhood.

She recalled Kai hanging around with her too however she modestly assumed that Kai wanted to be her friend. She didn’t conjecture much more but a somewhat friend. It didn’t occur to her that he just wanted to get closer to her for the sake of being mates. Still, the whole time Yoon was oblivious to the whole thing.

“I still can’t believe he’s my mate.” Yoon placed her hands on her lap, and drummed them slowly against her skin. “The thought never came to me.”

“Well it’s true. My mother paired you two together, so you two must have an irrevocable connection to be linked in every sense. My mother doesn’t make mistakes, and if your fates had been intertwined, it cannot be unhinged.”

Hearing the words tumble from Luhan’s lips, Yoon wasn’t sure what to do. She had just run away from him without his knowledge and if he tracked her down- no doubt he would- he’d be incensed with her. It was worse that he disliked her for being a Rogue, and a stubborn one at that.

“Do you want to return?”

Yoon reeled from her thoughts, and shot Luhan a bewildered look. “I don’t want to go back.”

“I can feel your real thoughts Yoon. You want to go back.”

“No I don’t.” Yoon insisted. “I’m never going to return.”

“Someday you will.” Luhan pensively mumbled under his breath.

Yoon caught his words, and cut him off with a nasty glare. She shot up from her chair, and stormed out the room with fisted palms. She could feel her being heat with rage, and indignation.  She entered her room, only to collide into Jaesun. Automatically, she was pressed against the wall, with his lean body shoved against hers to keep her still. She only had seconds to comprehend the situation before she locked eyes with dark, enigmatic eyes.

“You have a mate?”

Yoon searched his eyes steadily. “Yes.”

His grip on her arms loosened, until he fully released her and stepped away. He ran his fingers through his brunette hair, and the silver ring circling his middle finger glinted in the dim lighting of her bedroom. Jaesun place back towards her bed, and took a wary seat, his head hanging low over his slumped shoulders.

Yoon recoiled from the wall, and approached Jaesun. She succumbed to her knees, and placed her warm palms against his knees. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“You’re going to leave us aren’t you?” He heaved helplessly.

Yoon thought he was joking, but he was being serious. Very Serious. He lifted his gaze to look at her, and Yoon extended her hand and brushed her fingers over his brown strands. He shudd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter