Academy Tradition

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is this?” Jaesun whispered.

Yoon shrugged her shoulders and settled on the seat near Luhan’s son. Currently, the whole Academy was seated in the auditorium. The stairs were set like seats from a stadium, each row of seats higher than the next. In the centre of the grand room, there was a platform with a row of seats filled with the head master and head teachers. Their faces were forbidding, as their eyes scanned the horde of students.

Yoon swallowed hard when she spotted Kai seated upon the dais too. He was dressed in a suit, but his inner shirt was ed and his tie slightly loose around his neck. She inwardly growled as her eyes flickered to Sanghee, who had her hand on his knee. Yoon had no idea why she even cared, but her wolf was seething with jealousy.

The feeling was intense. She rubbed her chest, hoping the ache would go away. It didn’t.

When they arrived to the Academy, all students were instructed to gather in the grand auditorium. No one had informed them of the reason, but it was a mandatory whole school meeting.

“I know him.” Jaesun whispered in Yoon’s ear as a man emerged the tall podium. He was lean and dressed in a grey dress shirt and black trousers. His hair was spiked up and the way he analysed the crowd, made students flinch from fear. “That’s Tao.” Jaesun revealed, completely astonished.

“It is.” Yoon gaped at the man. She hadn’t realised that it was Tao. He had matured well, and his eyes were exceedingly severe. A longing spread through Yoon. She had missed Tao, even if he was a pest during her childhood. He rested his palms on the sides of the podium, and cleared his throat, addressing everyone with his familiar low tone.

“Good morning students. As you all know, I am the headmaster of this Academy.”

His voice carried authority and almost everyone beheld Tao with profound respect.

“Damn he’s scary.” Jaesun muttered, “Dad said he was the of the group back in the days.”

Yoon snorted under her hand, “Well it obvious he’s changed.”

“Obviously.” Jaesun grinned mischievously. “And it’s such a shame that he is my uncle.”

“Today, we’ll be splitting the school into 3 sectors. As it is the beginning of the year, I, your headmaster and the other head teachers have agreed that students should be separated dependent on the level of the abilities. This is an ancient tradition that has been carried in this Academy for many decades.”

Yoon didn’t like the feeling that was bubbling in her stomach. She turned to Jaesun with a worried look, “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Jaesun expressed his concern too, and held her hand tightly. “It will be alright.” He assured, “It’s only a dumb tradition that’ll arrange the level of our abilities.”

“But you don’t understand Jaesun. I’m slightly different from the other wolves. I don’t just have one ability, I have others-“

“It’ll be okay.” He evaded and began rubbing her knuckles with his thumb. He usually comforted Yoon like that, and she was grateful that he understood her well, and tried his best to keep her mood enlightened.

Yoon sighed, taking her hand away f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter