Shedding innocence

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung focused on the steady rhythm of her heart beating against her chest. Heat beneath her skin, burning hotter with each passing second. She rarely took on this form which allowed her to become closer to the inner beast that shared her soul. She chanted Sara's name within her mind.

Sara. Sara. Sara. Sara.

There was no answer, but she continued her one name chant in hopes Sara would know that she was trying to reach her.

Sara. Sara. Sara. Sara-

"You called me?" The tinkling voice permeated the air.

When Chaeyoung opened her eyes, she found herself surrounded by a colourless void. Her feet were hovering over a space of endless white. Amongst the white, trees slowly appeared, and the one bigger than the rest caught her attention, along with the moving swing hooked onto the thickest branch. It swung restlessly, without a breeze. She move closer to the said swing, and sat down. Red and white rose bushes sprang from nowhere, and then she spotted Sara approaching from the distance. She resembled a light. The closer she came, the light lessened until she was standing in touching distance.

She quietly joined Chaeyoung and they swung back and forth together.

"You haven't visited in a long time young Phoenix."

Chaeyoung startled at the sound. "I didn't realise I was able to come here, until now."

"True." The woman nodded thoughtfully. "So what has gained me a vistor today after so many years?"

"Something is happening at the Kingdom and we can't contact the Nobles. My daughter claims Luhan is behind the quakes but it's impossible. He wouldn't do that. It doesn't make sense."

"Why does it not make sense?"

"He's a Noble, and your son. It's not right for him to go after us like that. It's not him."

"And if it is him?"

"It's not him."

"Then you do not understand him or know him well enough."

Perplexed, Chaeyoung lifted her gaze to meet light brown eyes shaped in beautiful almonds. There was no smile on her face, which was strange in itself.

"You're saying Luhan really is behind this?"

The Moon Goddess captured her gaze but didn't respond.

She had her answer.

 

 

"Think Yoon. Think."

"Are you okay Agashi?" A little boy asked her. Tear stains streaked his chubby cheeks but he didn't look that sad anymore since he was stuffing his face with steamed buns from who knows where. She would've thought the sight cute, but her dire musing kept her from returning a silly grin.

"I'm good-"

"Wanna bun, they're really good." He offered her one.

"Thanks." She took the bun. It was still soft and warm which she appreciated.

"You look familiar Agashi. Do I know you?" The little boy spoke through his full mouth.

"I don't think so." Yoon replied. She glanced both ways to ensure that no one was looking her way. When the coast was clear, she pulled down her mask and took a bite of her steaming snack. She moaned once the spicy pork filled and pleased her taste buds. She didn't realise she was starving until she was stuffing along with her little friend. A few people walked pass with queer glances but they made a point of ignoring those lingering eyes. So they ate in silence as they devoured the last of their small snack. The boy his fingers clean of the tasty sauce. Yoon was tempted to the same, but ended up wiping her fingers against her shirt.

"You know Agashi, I think I remember you now."

"I really don't think so." Yoon shook her head, fixing her mask back into place. There were more people appearing, and more reunions. She needed to somehow pinpoint a transporter in ther room. There was no way there were no teleporters present inside the safehouse. If something were to happen, it would be smart to place teleporters inside to transfer people out. Now, who could possibly have that power?

"Now I remember, you're the Princess!" The boy exclaimed, proud of himself.

Yoon swivelled her head to the boy, "What did you just say?" She hissed.

He nodded seriously, "Yip, definitely the Princess."

"Quiet." Yoon placed her hand over his mouth. With her heart pounding loud in her chest, she glanced both ways. No one seemed to hear him, too immersed in their personal deliemas.

She suddenly felt his tongue on her palm, and she recoiled away with disgust. "You did not just me kid."

"I think I just did." He grinned.

"You're one sick kid." She muttered, wiping her assaulted hand against her thigh.

"What are you doing here Princess? Shouldn't you be outside saving us?"

"I'm not the Princess."

"You're a Princess." The smartass commented, "You're Yoon not Mina."

Once again, Yoon found herself examining the large room. "Would you stop calling me that?"

"What? Princess? Yoon?"

"Don't tempt me kid." Yoon forced the words from clenched teeth.

Ignoring her, the boy rambled on dilligently. "You're pretty lazy for a Princess. I don't see you doing anything but sitting her being pityful."

"Excuse me?" Yoon felt her brow twitch.

"Yeah, you know you're supposed to save us and all. Maybe even sacrifice yourself for the Kingdom or something like that."

"How old are you kid?"

"Eight."

"Look, you don't know anything. I'm figuring things in my head. I'm just trying to scout out teleporters in here. If I can get one, then I'll be able to save us all." Yoon elucidated. She didn't know why she was bothering to share her thoughts to a cub but the kid just had that type of pull to spill your thoughts to him.

The boy nodded, looking thoughtful. "I can help." He mumbled, rubbing his chin.

Yoon arched a brow, "And how can you help?" She queried.

An impish grin adorned his lips, showcasing two missing teeth from his lower jaw. Yoon hated to admit the kid was cute looking all bright-eyed and jubilant. "I'm a teleporter."

"You can't be serious." Yoon thought to herself. "Can you teleport me outside?"

He shrugged almost casually, "Depends. Som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter