Evolving

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon woke up with a sharp gasp, aware that something warm and heavy was curled around the curvature of her waist, almost in a protective hold. She almost screamed, but calmed once her eyes trekked up to reveal the sleeping face of Kai. He was still slumbering deeply, unaware that she was watching him. His spicy scent overwhelmed her, so masculine and clean and she liked it.

They both shared the same blanket, because she could feel one of Kai’s bare legs pressed close against hers. She stiffened. Kai’s bare leg? She quickly peeked under the sheets to see that Kai was donned in nothing but dark grey silk boxers. The rest of him was bare, and pressed snugly against  every soft arc of her body. She grew flustered immediately.

She literally didn’t know what to do.

She never found herself in this situation before.

Her gaze travelled the room, only to further remind her that she was a total meat-head. She wasn’t in her room, but Kai’s. Hana, Luhan and Kai were going to freak. Furthermore, she was in the palace again. Gosh, her luck was sad. She carefully sat up, and gently pried Kai’s arm away from her torso. He mumbled something incoherent as she fixed his arm at his side and slipped off the bed soundlessly.

She had no phone because all her things were still at the Academy and there was none in Kai’s room. His room was so bare, it said so much about her mate.  She glanced back at Kai, who had half his face squashed into the pillow and one of his legs was exposed from the misplacing of the sheet.

He appeared boyishly innocent, but Yoon knew he was anything but.

Yoon entered his bathroom, and quickly dived into the shower. She already stripped off the shirt, and began to lathe herself in his body wash. She also lathered her hair up in shampoo, and then rinsed it off only to add conditioner. She brushed her teeth using a packaged toothbrush she spotted in the cabinet. When she finished, she dried off and coiled a fluffy towel around herself. The shirt she wore was wrinkled and stained with dirt now. She placed it into the laundry basket, and sauntered back into the room.

She felt bad that she had to use some of Kai’s clothes but she wasn’t going to spend the rest of her day . So she filed through the closet with dexterous fingers, until she came upon one of his casual shirts. It fitted her like the last one did- loose and draping baggily on her frame. She quickly blow-dried her hair too until her black tresses were long, and silky behind her.

Kai was still sleeping when she approached the bed. She conjectured that he’d atleast be up and busy by now. He never was the type to sleep in-

Someone was knocking on the door. She grew rigid with panic.

“Kai! Open up! I know you’re in there!” The voice barked. The doorknob was wriggling frantically, and Kai was squirming awake. Yoon had no choice, but to duck under the bed. She couldn’t risk anyone seeing her, even if the person behind the door was a mere palace worker.

As she waited, she heard Kai get up with a soft curse flying from his lips. Then there was the rustle of sheets, before his bare feet touched the ground. He moved gracefully towards the door, and opened it with a scratchy hoarse reply. “What are you doing here Insu?” He rubbed his temples while simultaneously trying to adjust his vision on his family member.

Ah, the nephew. Yoon could see the teen’s blue Nikes from between Kai’s feet.

Their voices were sill hushed, but loud enough for her to decipher the talk without straining her ears.

“Tao is pissed. Wanna tell me exactly why you’re not at the Academy today?”

Kai’s figure tensed, then he was cursing fluently and scrubbing his hands roughly over his hair. “, what the ?”

“Calm down. Tao already got someone to replace you for the day but he warned me to tell you if this happens again, he won’t hesitate to come down and lecture you.”

Kai noticeably relaxed, but he was still in disbelief. He never once missed a day from work. He was always there promptly every single day and prepared. He looked at his nephew who was pressed up against doorframe, appearing smug as hell. He wanted to punch that smirk off.

“So, whose the lucky lady?” He practically sing-songed with a suggestive wiggle of his brows.

“What?” Kai looked at him as if her were nuts.

Insu gestured grandly to his half- appearance, and to the rumpled sheets of his bed. “Well then, if it isn’t a lady, who’s the lucky guy?” His -eating grin deepened with strained laughter. Kai could sense that the teen was barely inches from erupting into obnoxious laughter. He wanted to choke him with his bare hands, but knew Ara would return the favour. Taemin on the other hand wouldn’t choke him. No, the bastard would pull out his AK-47 gun and shoot the out of him until he was coughing out blood.

Ah, he had the most wonderful family.

“Leave Insu.” Kai slammed the door into his nephew’s face unapologetically. He didn’t need to open the door to know that Insu was gladly flipping him the bird with his tongue out.

His gaze returned to his room, and without warning, yesterday’s memories filled his head. He had taken Yoon here, but there was no trace of her. He moved towards his bed, and pressed the indent where his mate’s body was. It was still warm, meaning she had to be close by. He had his pants strapped on when he sensed movement under his bed. He acted on instinct, and lunged at the figure, tackling it down until he was straddling hips.

“What the hell?!”

Kai’s expression paled. “.” He quickly pulled away and helped Yoon onto her feet.

Yoon eyed him up in disb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter