False Alarm

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This can’t be real.” Kai’s dusky eyes widened from shock. The colour literally leached from his face where he took on a more pallid complexion. He couldn’t let himself believe, or grasp an inch of hope. His ears turned deaf to the whispers of his students, but he only concentrated on one thing. The girl sprawled upon the grass appearing like some descended angel.

Thump-thump-thump.

Yoon felt her nails elongate, digging into the dewy grass. She knew her wolf was surfacing, but it wasn’t from anger. No, she was fearful and the feeling thrummed throughout her body in a cold anxious wave. Quivers jerked at her fingers, but she couldn’t even sit herself up. Kai was still staring at her, his body immobile.  

She braced herself to be exposed. She thought he would strip her mask but then he reared back as if suddenly dipped into Antic ice, taking his body warmth along with him. She blinked confused, but then she saw that Kai had been pulled away from her. She realised it was the female teacher from her Maths class that had plucked him away.

She used the free opportunity to get up and swiftly disappear. However, she did risk one last glance behind her. Kai was fully distracted by Ms I-hate-Rouges as the woman practically molested him with her stupid straying hands. She might as well be dribbling with slobber, since she looked close to having some sort of seizure.

When she studied Kai, his expression was taut but his eyes were lost in a haze. She finally drew her gaze away, and rubbed her arms. She didn’t like the feeling she had when Kai was near. In her adolescence, Kai always exuded a protective nature over her. He never had that type of fierce protection when Mina was there. He was always watching her which baffled her as a kid.

 

 

“Dinner?” Kai blinked, staring at Sanghee cautiously. He really needed to stop with the blanking out. He didn’t want Sehun thinking he was already losing his cool. Then, he wouldn’t be able to help him search for Yoon. There was no way he was allowing Sehun to bench him.

The lady nodded frantically with her red cheeks, “Yes, a date.” She actually jumped with glee.

Kai’s expression turned grim, “Sorry.” The idea of getting involved with Sanghee was ludicrous. There was no future for them, ever.

Sanghee’s smile vanished inch by inch, “Why?” She pouted, “Don’t you want to dine with me?”

“I’m not interested.” Kai dead-panned, “So if you’ll excuse me…” He turned his back to her view. He was anxious to uncover the masked girl. His gaze traced the flattened grass, minus the girl. He didn’t know why the hope he carried crumbled as he stared longingly at the patch of grass. Tingles still bursted in his blood stream, and there was no way that Sanghee was the cause for the animate reaction.

He his heels and headed back to the group. He was used to Sanghee’s desperate attempts to have him. He just couldn’t be with her since his heart yearned for another. His thoughts were constantly blurred with his missing mate. He could still remember her features all too well, even if he’d only seen her 9 years ago. Her very image was vivid in his brain.

It was her eyes however that always allured and captured him completely. They held a sort of mysteriousness but darkness in them he couldn’t ignore. Even at a tender young age, she was strong-willed and brave.

He idolised those very traits and that is how his heart was completely entranced by the single girl.

Thinking of his masked student, Kai remembered those big, black eyes that stared back at him in threat but also strain. The shade of her eyes resembled his mate’s perfectly but the look in them was not the same.

Her eyes had been far too dull and intense.

Kai his lips and shook his head. No. The girl he’d just met couldn’t be his mate; she couldn’t be his beloved Yoon. Yoon didn’t possess such eyes that could make one feel utterly defeated and melancholy. No, Yoon had eyes that were as dark as a moonless night, but also a spirit that overwhelmed any star in the solar system.

Discarding his thoughts of the masked girl, Kai continued to teach his Combat Class with his usual stern routine that made students cringe and moan at the very t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter