"The Cat Is Out Of The Bag."

The Rogue's Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone hung onto every word that escaped Tao's lips, up until the very last word.

"-I'm more than certain that it was Yoon." Tao finished solemnly.

No one dared to say a word after that. They couldn't. They were pondering over the fact that Yoon was alive. The Princess was alive. Chaeyoung erupted into small, little sobs while Mina glanced distractedly at her palms.

Ten minutes of solid silence may have passed, before anyone found the courage to speak out.

"Maybe you were hullicinating Tao. If that was my Yoon, she would've came home already." Sehun croaked, his voice thick with shattered hope. Kai clenched his fingers together, hiding them under the table. He would not look into Sehun's face. He wouldn't be able to stand the pain or grief in his tortured eyes.

"There were witnesses of the attack." Tao continued, "Kai was there."

Feeling the air out from his lungs, Kai fought hard to not look up. He was being a coward right now. A ing coward. He felt each layer of lies unravelling piece by piece as the weight of eyes focused on him, waiting for him to answer. It was Chaeyoung's sweetly pained voice that forced him to nod affirmatively. He couldn't tolerate her little cries. 

"Holy ." Baekhyun cursed.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier Kai?!" Sehun demanded as he stood up from his seat with undisguised fury. His hands were planted on each side of the table, gripping it hard in his hands. His eyes were flickering dangerously. Kai grew rigid feeling a wisp of air dance across his cheek- a lethal caress. A small current of wind picked up in the dining room. The chandelier began to rock, and the tableware began to rattle unsteadily. A faint whistle accompanied the wind, mixing into the growing current.

"Sehun please calm down." Chaeyoung gently her mate's jaw.

The current only worsened. A cup launched directly in Kai's direction, but he teleported to the corner of the dining room just in time. "I'm sorry Sehun." He apologised in genuine sincerity. There were no words that could describe how sorry he was. He would suffer through his life knowing that he'd betrayed his friend.

"You ing knew all this time?!" Sehun roared with a guttural cry. It was a wretched sound, a mix between a sob and a howl that shook the room with harsh vibrations. Everyone was too stunned to do anything, except watch their King become engrossed in his rant. It wasn't often Sehun would lose his temper. He was known to keep his emotions under unyeilding control.

The table suddenly flipped over from an abrupt burst of wind. Glass sprinkled in an ear-splitting smash, as food splattered everywhere in a colourful explosion. In one great whoosh, the remnants of their dinner hit the walls, clearing the centre of the dining room, only leaving a wrathful Sehun in the clearing.

That wasn't the problem. It was the mini tornado Sehun had conjured, wrapping around him in wicked comfort. His pale silver hair slithered frantically around his head, as his eyes smouldered a lustreless emerald.

"Someone hold him back!" Suho commanded.

"No one touch me." Sehun gritted out.

"Sehun." Tao called after him. "Don't do this."

"Shut it dip." Sehun snarled. "I'm busy."

Kai stood right where he was, despising himself for hurting his friend. "I'm so sorry Sehun." He apologised again, "I'm sorry."

"Shut it I don't want to hear it!" Sehun raised hands, aiming his opened palms towards his friend. His vision blurred with tears of anger, and relief. Sehun pushed his hands, and an echo of wind shot from his fingers. He knew that if the invisible whips came into contact with skin, it would cut deep like a dagger wounds.

"Sehun no!" Tao lunged forward, but it was too late.

A flash of blood red, orange and yellow blurred in the room as Chaeyoung darted in front of Kai. Her great wings expanded behind her, momentarily blinding a few from its bright hue. Her wings acted as a shield, as she tried to reflect the current. Kai cursed and wrapped his arms around Chaeyoung, transporting them behind Sehun. The blast hit the walls. It collapsed in a heap of dust and rubble. Sehun turns around, less than pleased by his failed aim. "Chaeyoung move out of the way." He warned. His eyes weren't on his beloved wife, but on Kai. Kai met his gaze head on. "Listen to him Chaeyoung." Kai lightly nudged her away so she was at a safe distance. He knew that Sehun wouldn't hurt a single hair on her, but there could always be accidents lurking in the corner, especially when Sehun was consumed by his emotions. Chaeyoung glanced between the two friends, and shook her head in exasperation. There was no point in interfering. THey would only ignore her, and continue on as if she weren't in the room.

"Sehun, please just put a lid on the temper." D.O advised.

"He deserves this." Sehun marched forward, g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter