9th Luck

Amulet

"Sunny, please wait. Wait. Let me explain." Doctor Choi Sooyoung was doubling her steps as she ran out of her office to follow a certain short-legged girl in the hallway. As soon as she was able to grasp the latter's wrist, she immediately pulled her back and whipped her around. "Let me explain first will you?" Luckily there was no one around or else, it'll be the talk around the hospital for the upcoming duty days.

"There's nothing to explain." Sunny dismissed but the tears that was flowing freely down her cheeks says otherwise.

"Then why the hell are you crying?" Sooyoung spat back. "Look Sunny. What you saw back there, it was nothing. I swear."

"You dont have to explain anything Dr. Choi. What you do inside your office is not my ing business but please, be considerate. This is a hospital." Sunny tried her best to look professional, that she wasnt really affected by what she saw inside the doctor's office but damn those tears was betraying her.

"I told her to stop." The tall doctor kept on explaining even though she doesnt really need to. Heck, why was she even trying? Isnt Sunny who dumped her in the first place? Isnt it Sunny who told her that they cant be together? Isnt Sunny the one dating someone not her? So why was she even bothering to explain herself?

Few minutes ago right after Taeyeon and Tiffany left her office, her unannounced visitor SinB, walked towards her and tried to kiss her lips. Sooyoung was only quick to move; moving back to her seat as to put the table as their boundary. But personal space seemed to be non-existent to her ex-girlfriend who just recently was trying to get back together with her considering that SinB even followed the tall doctor to the other side of the office table.

"Arent you glad Im here?" The slim girl asked seductively as she ran her finger to Sooyoung's jaw.

"SinB.." Sooyoung muttered; tired and exhausted. She sat down her chair and massaged her temple.

"Were you the one who had been asking me to visit you here before? Now Im here."

"Keyword, before." Soyoung pointed out. "We broke up already. You cheated and I moved on."

"But I still love you." SinB said before siting on Sooyoung's lap.

"And I dont, so please get off me." The tall doctor replied. "Please SinB, while Im still being nice."

"When did you ever became nice Soo?" That made the doctor raised her eyebrow. "Kidding. But really Soo, I missed you and I still love you. Why cant we just go back to what we are before?"

"I already told you, Im in love with someone else."

"And that someone else is pushing you away. Why are you even insisting yourself to someone who doesnt want you in the forst place." That shut Sooyoung up. Because what the girl said was true. She was never the one who pushes herself to someone who doesnt want her, so why was she even working herself up with Sunny?

"See? Im right babe. So just forget about her and be with me instead. I promise I wont cheat on you ever again." And then SinB pulled the doctor's chin up and placed light kisses on it.

"SinB, please stop." Sooyoung said as she pulled away only to be pulled back with much more forceful kisses.

Being with the girl for almost a year, Sooyoung know how to handle SinB. If she stayed still and wont respond to her kisses, she'll eventually stop and thats exactly what she did. She let the girl violated her lips, her shirt, slid her hand in and squeezed her bra-covered .

"Dr. Choi Sooyoung, my dad..." At the familiar voice, Sooyoung stood up, dragging the girl with her. "S-sunny.."  Sooyoung pushed the girl away from her. "Its not what you think it is."

"Atleast lock the door next time." That was all Sunny muttered before closing the door again.

The tall doctor was about to follow their future CEO but SinB got a hold of her wrist. "Let go." Sooyoung warned but the girl didnt listen. "She doesnt want you, remember?"

"But she loves me. I know she loves me. There's a reason why she's pushing me away but I wont give up on her. I wont give up because I love her. I love her SinB, so please let me go. You made a fool out of yourself already as it is, please dont humiliate yourself even more." And with that, the slim woman let her go and Sooyoung ran, as fast as her two long legs can just so she can catch up to Sunny.

"Damn it." Sooyoung had been busy running and looking for her short legged future CEO at the same time that she didnt realize that there was someone walking ahead of her. They collided and the impact had sent what Sooyoung thought as a man.

Afraid that she had hurt him, she immediately wen to help him. "Oh my god, Im sorry. Im sorry. Sorry, I was just in a hurry."

"Is everyone here in a hurry? Like come on, I just bumped into a girl earlier and now, you." The man said in an annoyed tone.

"A girl? She didnt happen to be short with black shoulder-length hair, did she?" Sooyoung asked, hoping that the girl the man just bumped into was Sunny and she felt relieved that he nodded.

"Where did she went?" Sooyoung saw the man made a face, only then she realized that she was gripping tightly on the man's arm. Feeling embarrassed, she let him go. "Sorry. I was just... did you see where she went?" Then the man  pointed at the direction where she supposed Sunny really did run to.

"Thanks." But before the tall doctor could go anywhere a nurse came out of nowhere and called her, "Dr.Choi Sooyoung."

Annoyed, Sooyoung faced the nurse. "Whats wrong?"

"Ceo Lee wants to see you." At the mention of the hospital's owner and well, Sunny's dad, Sooyoung's body went rigid and she knew her face paled. Who wouldnt? The man was known to be strict when it comes to work. Sunny mustve told him what happened earlier in the office and now she's being summoned because of it. Damn, she's dead.

The doctor only nodded before looking at the man. She apologized again for bumping onto her before she dragged her feet to their CEO's office.

"Sir, you need to talk to me?" Sooyoung was careful of her words. She had met the CEO for only couple of times and it was all formal gatherings. She was not close to him and the closest thing she had for a casual talk with him was when he asked him if the rumor about her and Sunny were true.

At the thought, Sooyoung swallowed the lump on wondering if the CEO found out about their situation and worst is, what if the CEO knew of those times they almost did things. God, if she was him, she'd probably want to kill whoever dared to touch her daughter.

"No need to sit down Dr. Choi, this will be quick." Sooyoung doesnt like the tone the CEO was using on her. Its scary and she's indeed scared as hell. She waited and waited and waiting was literally killing her. It was like how dying supposed to feel like, that you'll see everything you did since you were born, like having a flashback only for Sooyoung it was a flashback of the things she did to Sunny since they met till today. They were like filmstrips playing inside her head and damn, it added up to her fear. She knew she had been so mean towards the short girl but seeing it playback in her mind, she felt disgusted of herself. How can she treat the person who loved her so much like that? Sunny loved her so much yet she treated her like .

Her trail of thoughts were disturbed by the CEO's cough. "Im sorry Dr. Choi but I want you out of my hospital and out of my daughter's life."

It took long till it processed in her brain, she was being fired. She's being fired and she's going to lose her job but what shock her the most was she doesnt care at all. No, she doesnt care that tomorrow she wont be coming back to the hospital to treat her patients. She wont be eating the cafeteria's menus for the day and she wont be able to have some cup of coffee with the maintenance guy in the middle of the  night when she's in an on-call duty. For Sooyoung, it wasnt that important-- her job was not that important.

But what the CEO said that really made her world crash and burn and fall apart was the "I want you out of my daughter's life" part. She felt like she had been sledge hammered, been ripped apart and torched right after.

She wanted to ask why and as if the man read her mind, he said, "Youre no good for her."

 

 

 

 

 

 




Im planning to merge this with my other fics --- Tarot Card and Ouija Board---  what do you guys think?