19th Luck

Amulet

Sooyoung tossed her car keys to Taeyeon, "The Ice Princess is in the car, still asleep. You might want to get her before she gets taken away by someone else again."

The short doctor gave her bestfriend a pat on the shoulder, "Not gonna let that happen again."

"Good to know." Sooyoung reciprocated the pat and went inside the hospital to look for Amber and when she doesnt know where to find the boyish girl and their receptionist is not being helpful either, she called Amber who answered after several rings. "Im in the room 309."

But before she could even reach the elevator, a brown haired guy in a suit approached her. "We need to talk."

"We dont have anything to talk about. So get out of my way." The last thing Sooyoung want to have right now is a conversation with the guy who's claiming to be Sunny's fiance, her rival.

"We do." And when Henry held her arm on a tight grip, Sooyoung was about to explode in anger, if only the former didnt mention Sunny. "If you really care for her, you'll come with me and we'll talk."

She balled her hand into a fist and tried to calm herself down. She decided that she'll give five minutes of her time to this and if he says something that she wouldnt like, she'll be very much willing to kick him on his groins and punch him. "Fine."

"Lets talk in the garden." Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Henry's choice of place to talk but soon all her anger dissolved as soon as she saw a familiar figure sitting on a wheel chair.

Sunny looked paler and thinner than before, but she's still beautiful as ever, especially now that the sun was glowing onto her skin. She looked like an angel, more so when she turned and smile at Sooyoung.

"She doesnt need me, she needs you." Henry told her as he patted her shoulders.

"Why are you doing this?" Sooyoung asked, worried that there's a dilemma behind what the guy was doing. 

"I love Sunny, but as much as I love her, Im not selfish. She loves you Sooyoung and she told me she would rather die happy with you beside her than suffer with me. Im not a bad person and I dont want to imprison her, she's already hurting as it is. And the last thing I can give her is her freedom to be with you."

"What about her dad?"

"I'll sort it out. Now go, before he finds out that Sunny is not in her room anymore." Henry gave Sooyoung a little push. "Just promise me one thing, make her the happiest girl alive."

"You dont have to tell me that, I know what I need to do." And then Sooyoung held her hand out to her rival who finally submitted to defeat, "I didnt think I'd be saying this, but thank you."

Henry took her hand for a shake before shooing her away "Go, Sunny's waiting."

With a nod, Sooyoung left Henry and walked towards the girl who she had missed so much. Sunny's lips moved and even with the distance, Sooyoung can read as the sick girl mouthed "Thank you." to Henry.

"Hi." Sunny greeted her, albeit with a weak smile, Sooyoung still felt electrified.

"Long time no see." Sooyoung greeted back as she leveled herself to her sick girlfriend.

"Took you so long to get here." Sunny held her hand out and Sooyoung took it. "Im here now, arent I?"

"I missed you." Sunny gave her hand a gentle squeeze and she responded by kissing her in the lips.

"Come on, lets get you home." And with that Sooyoung pushed Sunny's wheelchair away from the hospital's garden and into the parking lot.

"Hey Taeyeon." The short doctor jerked upright and hit the car's roof as Sooyoung called her from behind. "Ohh good lord, you scared me." But surprisingly though, the noise didnt wake the short doctor's sleeping girlfriend.

"Sooyeon's still sleeping? And what the heck are you doing, staring at her? Jesus Taeyeon, you can do it at your apartment. You two live together now, remember?"

"Who's Sooyeon?" Sunny raised her head to ask Sooyoung.

"That girl.." the tall doctor pointed at the sleeping girl at the passenger seat in front. "is my cousin and also, she's Taeyeon's girlfriend now. Its a long story but I'll tell you once I get you out of this chair."

Taeyeon, who was rubbing her sore head, noticed the person sitting in the wheelchair. "Ms. Lee. What are you doing out here?"

Sooyoung carried her girlfriend off the wheelchair and asked Taeyeon to open the car's back door. And once Sunny was inside the safety of the car and out of the hearing range of the two bestfriends, Taeyeon immediately cornered Sooyoung. "What the hell are you doing? Have you gone mad? Why did you kidnapped her?"

"First of all, Im still as sane as you probably are. Second, I did not kidnapped her, Henry did. Third, Im taking her home, to my apartment." Sooyoung answered as she pried her short bestfriend off her.

"You do know that CEO Lee would look for her oldest daughter in your house first if he finds out she's gone, right?"

"I know, but even so, I wont let him take her away from me again. He could bring the whole Korean Police Station for all I care, but Im not giving Sunny up." Sooyoung stared back at Taeyeon who she knew was searching for any uncertainty but she has none, she's sure that she'll do whatever it takes to keep Sunny with her. So all Taeyeon could do was sigh. "Fine. I'll drive. You go and sit with Sunny at the back. You two have a lot of catching up to do."