15th Luck

Amulet

Her phone buzzed, and it made her tear her eyes off from the unconscious body lying on the bed.  "Have you heard from Doctor Kim?" She pulled the phone away from her phone and checked who was her caller and to her surprise it was Amber and then she wondered why was she asking about Taeyeon. "Yeah, she called me earlier but she hung up." She answered.

"Did you get to talk to her?" She could actually hear worry in Amber's voice. "No, she ended the call before I can even say hello. Why?"

"Doctor Kim might be in danger." Her brows creased at that.  "What? Okay, thats not a good joke." 

"She sent me a message earlier, she's asking for help. I called her but her phone had been turned off. Now, I cant contact her anymore."

"Maybe her phone just ran out of battery, I mean, she sometimes forgets to charge it." She reasoned out. Taeyeon has that tendency, sometimes, Taeyeon forgets to charge her phone and she always has to nag her friend about it.

"Even my grandma said so." With an eyebrow raised in confusion, she asked, "Your grandma? Isnt she, like, dead now?"

"I can talk to her through a Ouija board. Aissh, we're wasting time here. Do you know anyone who might know where she is?" Sooyoung had no idea what Amber just said, but considering the things she had learned weeks ago -- Taeyeon's tarot card and Sunny's amulet, she's sure that the ouija board Amber' talking about is just one of her grandma's magical stuffs.

"Jessica. She's this girl.." She started but Amber cut her midway her sentence, "That she likes, do you know where she lives?" Ofcourse the handsome girl would know, she's helping Taeyeon, so she should know about Jessica -- Taeyeon's ice princess.

"I have no idea." Then she remembered Yuri.  "But wait, Yuri, she probably knows, if Im not mistaken, Yuri, Taeyeon's junior is hitting on Jessica. She might be able to help you."

"So where can I find this Yuri?" 

"She's easy to spot, she's tanned and has a long black hair and she's a bit taller than you. Ask around, I know she's quite popular there so it'll be easier to find her than Taeyeon." She paused and glanced over the machine that beeped, "Call me if you got any news okay?" she added.

With an "Okay." Amber ended the call and she tucked her phone back inside her lab gown.

Sooyoung sat back beside the bed again and held the unconscious body's hand.  "I got a phone call, the caller said Taeyeon's in danger. Now thats three. You, Sunny and Taeyeon." She sighed and squeezed the person's hand.

"But I hope its only false-alarm though, Taeyeon is due to come back in two days, so you'll finally be able to meet her soon, I hope."

She sighed again. She felt like she's been robbed off her happiness with all the news she had been getting lately.

"Sunny's body is deteriorating." She informed.

And its true, with her being banned inside Sunny's room, Sooyoung's only way of getting some news about her girlfriend was to ask the doctor in charged who happened to be one of her close colleagues and thats exactly what he told her -- 'Ms. Lee's body is deteriorating.' But what made Sooyoung clenched her jaw was the next words of the doctor, "And we cant seem to find the cause. Without a diagnosis, we dont know which treatment to give. We tried all the tests but the results are the all same. She's dying, Choi. Im sorry."

"And its all because of me." the tall doctor started crying as she hunched forward to hide her face on the white bed sheet that was covering the unconscious body. "But what can I do, I love her. I love Sunny. If I can only un-love her, I would, but I cant."

There was only sobs and the machines beeping resonating inside the room.

"I dont want to lose Sunny. I dont want to lose another person that I love. I already lost Auntie, Uncle and Sooyeon, I dont want to lose Sunny or you. You havent met each other properly." 

Months ago, she was in the middle of a surgery when the news came in, that her only living immediate family's car crashed in the southern part of the country where the family was heading to their vacation trip to an Island. She was supposed to come along but due to an emergency call, she had to rush back to the hospital to perform a surgery, missing the opportunity to spend a holiday with her cousins and loving Auntie and Uncle. The car accident had killed three of her family and Sooyoung was left with a brain-dead younger cousin.

"You're all I have now Soohyun, so please wake up.."