3rd Luck

Amulet

She immediately willed herself to stop from crying as soon as she heard the sound of the door being opened. It was a fine Monday morning and seeing her crying would be the most weird thing to see; she's Sunny and just like her name, people always see her as something akin to the Sun, its welcoming warmth and its blinding brightness and really she's living up to her name quite seriously, well not till Choi Sooyoung happened that is. 

"Are you okay?" The sudden concern on the voice was what made Sunny stopped wiping her cheeks, it made her wonder how on earth can Choi Sooyoung be concern about her? Because the last time she checked, the doctor hates her. "Are you crying?"

"Does it matter?" Sunny was not in any mood to play the cat in their mouse and cat chase game, so as much as she wanted the doctor's presence and attention, right now was unfortunately not the right time.

"Is it because of me?" If Sunny was okay, she wouldve find it sweet that the young doctor was worried that she was the reason why she was crying but then again, right now was not the right time and Sunny was not in the right mood to play the high schooler who had just been noticed by her long time crush.

"Ohh please, not everything I do is about you." If Sunny was just her usual self, she wouldve been jumping up and down and probably going to scream to the world that finally, she said something that made Dr. Choi Sooyoung speechless. "My world doesnt just revolve around you, you know."

“Sorry, its just.. Im.. I hate seeing people crying.”

“Wow.. Just wow.. Didn’t you see those times I was balling out my eyes crying over you? Jesus. I cant.. I don’t even know why I like you. Youre insensitive, youre.. youre..” And Sunny was not able to continue her words as all of her emotions mixed in, she started crying again. “I don’t know anymore.”

Vulnerability. That’s exactly what Sunny was feeling right now right after she had learned that the amulet that was given to her mother was a very powerful one. Right after they talked with the Elder Liu’s daughter which they didn’t get enough information about the amulet she’s wearing, they went to someone the younger Liu had referred for them to see since she knew will be much of help than she is.

Sunny found out that her parents’ need of money before was for her father who was in great need of a heart transplant. And whilst the power of the amulet to take everything back is not applicable to her father’s health once she take it off, but taking one’s life is.

Her parents were never bound to have any children. Her mother was never capable of bearing a child but because of the amulet, they did. They gave birth to Sunny and her siblings. Call it a miracle or a work of the devil or whatever. But the amulet helped her parents.

To put it simply, Sunny and her two siblings were never bound to live and by taking off the amulet, she and her siblings will die. Now Sunny finally understands why her mother doesn’t want her to take it off. It was never because of their wealth but their lives which are at stake.

So now, how can she ever think of taking the amulet off if in exchange, they’ll die?

Whats the use of taking the amulet off to have her own love life if she’s dead?

 

“Do you want to be alone? I can leave.” The doctor assumed that Sunny’s lack of response was a yes, and so she took some steps towards the door but was soon stopped as she felt arms encircled her waists.

“Stay.. Just.. Please stay for a while more.” The Lee heir pleaded, not caring if she looked so pitiful by doing so. She doesn’t care what the doctor who tensed up because of her hug would think or hate her even more, but she just need to cry it all out. And along those shed tears and behind those tight hug were her feelings for the doctor she knew will never be returned.