7th Luck

Amulet

Sunny's mind was all over the place. She cant seem to focus on the files that she had been working for hours now and her mind was filled with something else that she so wanted not to think about. To be more specific, its about a tall doctor named Choi Sooyoung, the only woman on earth she cant be with.

Frustrated, Sunny dropped the paper she had been reading for half an hour. "I cant do this... I cant.." She sighed heavily as she pushed herself up her chair and waked out of her office.

It was already midnight and Sunny doesnt want to go home yet as everything inside her bedroom only reminds her of Sooyoung; the way she kissed her, touched her. God, just thinking about it drives her crazy.

Sunny shook her head, totally brushing off the inappropriate thought out of her mind. The last thing she needs right now is make herself and a quick trip to somewhere where she can suffice her body needs.

She was about to take a right turn when a familiar figure caught her eye. Realizing which part of the hospital she was in, curiosity gets the best of her as she walked towards the room the person went in.

Sunny then remembered what the nurses was talking about earlier that morning. It was also the same reason why she was so out of her head for the whole day and she had been so grumpy that no one wanted to even greet her-- something that was so unusual; Sunny had never been grumpy at the hospital, when she's working and in front of the staffs so seeing her with an uninterested and annoyed face was both amazing and scary for the people around her.

"I heard the patient in Room 418 is Dr. Choi Sooyoung's Ex."

"Wait, wasnt she her girlfriend."

Of all the things she heard that day, those two sentences irritated her the most.

Ofcourse she knew some of Sooyoung's past relationship-- she's done her homework quite well but never did she heard about the news that Sooyoung was currently seeing someone when they met. And now she wanted to know.

Sunny was about to knock when she heard footsteps coming from inside the room and by the sound of it, it was heading towards the door. Sunny then felt stupid for running away from the door and hiding herself in the corridor. Didnt she want to know if the rumor was true? If it was indeed Choi Sooyoung's girlfriend or ex-girlfriend or not? Then why was she hiding there?

"Aissh. Stupid, stupid, stupid Sunny." She hit her forehead with her palm and stopped as she heard the door opened.

"Ms. Lee?" Sunny almost jump to the ceiling when she heard someone called her. "Is something wrong?"

"Ohh Nurse Jang, its just you, you scared me." Sunny said clenching her chest. "No, everything's fine. I just thought I saw someone." Sunny looked back but only saw the glimpse of Sooyoung's back walking towards the other hallway before it totally disappeared.

"Ahmm okay, I'll be doing my rounds then." The older woman bowed at her before leaving her alone once again in the corridor.

Contemplating whether to go or not go inside the room, Sunny chose the former. It wouldnt hurt her more to know right? It wont change anything between them anyway. Nothing can change the fact that she cannot be with Sooyoung with or without a girlfriend adding to the equation. So with careful footsteps Sunny went inside Room 418.

What first caught her attention was the bouquet of flowers on top of the side table that Sooyoung was holding earlier when she came in. Sunny cannot understand why her feet decided to go there, but there she was reading the small card that says, "Get well soon, Baby.." She stopped reading, she didnt want to see some words she heard Sooyoung said days ago. She fixated her eyes to the girl lying on the bed connected to the machines that serves as her life support.

Sunny's self esteem dropped as she saw how pretty the girl is, despite looking pale and a mask covering her face. She's undoubtedly pretty and at the back of Sunny's mind, there was a voice telling her that the girl on the bed is somehow Sooyoung's type-- that she was indeed Sooyoung's girlfriend. And she realized, she can never be Sooyoung's girlfriend, ever.

As if the room suddenly closed in on her, Sunny felt it was hard to breathe inside the room like she was suffocating, choking on the very air the small room has to offer. But the air was too dense, too dense that Sunny felt like her lungs cant take it anymore. So she ran out of the room without caring that her shoes was rhythmically echoing along the hospital's corridors.

It was too much... The pain she feels right now was just too much.

She felt neglected, as if the whole world was conspiring on her.

She fell for one person only, yet she can never have that person, ever. How cruel is that?

Sunny then found herself in the hospital's rooftop where she bawled her eyes out, crying, shedding her emotions that she's not allowed to freely express into tears.