20th Luck

Amulet

Sooyoung smiled as she stopped pushing Sunny's wheel chair. "We're home." She saidkneeling down to her girlfriend's level. "Are you tired?"

"A little bit." Sunny answered as she took Sooyoung's hand and squeezed it. "Im a little bit hungry too."

Sooyoung smiled again and it was the happiest she had been ever since Sunny fell ill. "I'll order something. Do you want some chicken?" The short girl in the wheel chair nodded. "My favorite."

Ofcourse, Sooyoung knows, thats why she suggested it herself in the first place. She knew the hospital's cafeteria wont serve Sunny's favorite, she's probably craving for it now.

Sooyoung opened the door to her apartment and wheeled her girlfriend inside her bedroom. "Sorry its a mess." She said, referring to the mess all over her room. She hadnt had time to clean ever since Jessica came back, she had to go with her cousin on her free day to the Jung's house and the police station to make a statement about the car accident so there was no chance for her to clean her room.

"Its okay. I love messy you anyway." Sunny replied as she hooked her arms around Sooyung's neck who carried her off the wheel chair and onto the bed.

"Get some rest. I'll just clean the apartment a little bit and then.." But Sunny had a better idea, pulling the tall doctor with her onto the bed, she snuggled against her.

"I missed you so much. You have no idea how painful it is to be locked up in that hospital room."

Sooyoung brushes Sunny's hair after pulling her even closer and hugging her tightly as she tried to convince herself that its real. That's Sunny is really in her arms. "I kind of do." And yes, she knew how it felt to be locked up, to be in capable of doing something to be with the person she love. She know how exactly it felt. She felt it the day the doctors pulled Sunny away from her. "But youre out of that room now."

"And in your arms." Sunny hugged Sooyoung even tighter, relishing herself into the warmth of her beloved doctor.

"Right where you should be." Sunny hummed as her reply.

Sooyoung then pulled away from the hug to call the chicken delivery. The two ate happily and once their tummy was full, Sooyoung insisted for Sunny to sleep and rest which greatly refused by the latter. But Sooyoung's a doctor and she's good at persuading, so in the end Sunny slept. And that gave the taller girl time to clean her apartment in the most quiet way possible.

She slumped onto the couch to rest but the doorbell rung and she had to begrudgingly tore her body away from the comforts of the said couch to answer the door. And she had the urge to close it after a second of opening it.

"I know my daughter is here."

 Sooyoung looks behind the woman standing in front of her door to see if her husband would appear with some police in tow but to her relief, Sunny's mom was alone. "Mrs. Lee please, she's.." 

"She's happy to be with you, I know that and Im not here to take her away. I just want to know that she's okay." The woman said, worry is evident in her tone.

Sooyoung nodded and opened the door wider for Mrs. Lee.

"She's still sick but this is the happiest Ive seen her sleep." Mrs. Lee told Sooyoung as they stood beside the bed where Sunny was sleeping with a smile on her face. "She look so happy."

"Thats because she is." Sooyoung pointed out. She walked out of the room and Sunny's mom followed.

"Doctor Choi, Ive been asking myself this over and and over again, why does she loves you? What did she see in you that you made her fall so hard that she's willing to die?"

"Love doesnt have to be defined Mrs. Lee, but it should be meaningful. And I think thats what Sunny's thinking too. Thats why she's willing to live a short life and be with me than live longer and be unhappy." Sooyoung gestured for her visitor to sit.

"And you, do you know the consequences of your actions? By doing this, youre taking someone's daughter away from her family."

"Sunny is a big girl now Mrs. Lee. She knows what she wants and she has the right to do whatever she wants. She's entitled to have her freedom. Dont you think youve manipulated her life enough already? Its time for her to live it on her own and if dying beside me is what will make her happy, you should respect that just as she respected every decision youve made for her." Sooyoung sighed. She doesnt know where this conversation will go but she's hoping that she wont be using any force or hurtful words to Sunny's mom.

"And what about her siblings? You know that once the amulet lose its power, they'll die." Sooyoung fell silent. She had guest the question already but it still rendered her speechless.

"Dont put the dilemma on me Mrs. Lee, or on Sunny. Its unfair. Her siblings gets to have everything they want while Sunny has to deal with her ed up love life all by herself because her parents are not supportive of her choice for a partner. None of us wanted all these troubles, but maybe its time for us to deal with this where Sunny doesnt have to choose other's happiness over hers."

There was silence between them but Sunny's mom broke the ice. "Do you really love her?"

"With all of me, with all I have." Sooyoung replied.

"Then.." Mrs. Lee paused and held her hand out for Sooyoung to hold. "promise me make her happy till death take her away from us.." She watched Sunny's mom cried  as she held her hand tightly. "I promise I'll do anything and everything I can to make her happy."