5th Luck

Amulet

Sooyoung was restless. Sunny had been avoiding her since her outright confession, not to mention that intense lip locking they had at the car park, and she doesn’t know what to do. She felt like she’s going insane. Indeed, Sunny has that effect on her, even before she magically had feelings for her future Chief Executive Officer and her day was not complete without her future boss pestering her around but now, she felt like her day was not the same without even the glimpse of the short girl.

“Taeyeon-ah.. What should I do?”  The tall doctor whined as she was again on the phone with her friend. “Sunny… Where talking about Sunny here. Why are you even concern more on the surgeries Im on? Right now, what’s important is Sunny.” She pouted; something very unusual for the tall girl to do.

“Shut up. This is all your fault. Your fault. Youre the one who put all these stupid things inside my head. I hate you.” She knows she’s being childish but somehow she doesn’t care. She doesn’t know how else can she show her frustration over her liking a girl, not just a girl but the girl whom she had said before that she’s not going to fall for. But there she was, face-first on the ground.

“Wait Tae, Ive got a another call.” Sooyoung felt like her world stopped spinning and her heart stopped beating for a moment as she saw Sunny’s name flashing on the screen of her mobile phone. Her hands became cold and her mobile phone was hot against her flushed ears.

"H-hello?" Sooyoung mentally cursed herself for stuttering. "Sunny?" There was no response but heavy breathing, like Sunny was panting heavily on the other line and worry grew on the tall doctor in a speed of lightning. "Sunny? Are you okay? Sunny?"

 And when Sooyoung heard a faint voice of Sunny calling out her name, it only took her a second to came flying out of her office not caring if she was still in duty. Se went straight to the lobby to tell the nurses there that she'll be out, good thing she has no other schedule for the rest of the day.

As soon as she was inside her room, she remembered something very important. Reaching over for her phone on her bag, Sooyoung immediately called Taeyeon. "Tae, do you know where Sunny lives?"

 

 


 

 

Sooyoung was nervously fixing herself, looking at herself in her small mirror before stepping out of her car.It was the first time she's ever seen Sunny's building and truthfully never in her life did she ever imagine going there but that was before she fell for her young boss.

She knocked once, twice but there was no response. She placed her ear against the door but there was no sound coming from behind it. "Sunny?" She called out while knocking the door. And when there's still no response, Sooyoung decided to call Sunny.

It rang but no one picked up. 

The tall doctor got more worried when she heard a loud sound coming from inside the house. Like someone fell on the floor or something. So without thinking further, Sooyoung, with all the strength in her long legs, kicked the door down.

"Sunny?" It was dark inside the place and when the doctor managed to turn the lights on, Sunny lying on the floor greeted her.

She immediately rushed to the short girl's side and scooped her to the couch. "Sunny? Are you okay?" Sooyoung placed her hand on Sunny's forehead. "Youre sick. Yah pabo-ya..Why didnt you call me earlier?" Sooyoung started rumbling; saying things like "I couldve taken care of you." and "You cant get sick, we're not together yet." and so on while she busied herself looking for medicines in Sunny's house.

She had lost all her sense of thinking as she was so worried and was so immersed on rumbling about Sunny calling to her so late, she almost forgot she's a doctor. "Right, I am Doctor Choi Sooyoung. I tend to sick person." Sooyoung even made a "Hwaiting" motion with her arm before walking towards Sunny. She carried to the bed where the sick girl can rest better.

Sooyoung didnt want to take Sunny in the hospital since it was just a fever and she preferred to take careof her boss than have someone else take care of her.

After finding the medicine, Sooyoung decided to cook something for her patient.

"See it isnt that hard, right?" Sooyoung was pleased as she was able to cook porridge. She hadnt cooked before and she was happy knowing it was for Sunny. "Now back to my cute little patient."

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Sunny stirred. She woke up with a heavy head and a mass body pain, as if she had been beaten up while she was asleep. She was greeted by her dark room and she wondered how come she was in bed when the last thing she remembered was going to see Sooyoung who had been knocking to her door for a lot of times.

At remembering the tall doctor, Sunny sat up straight and it was then she felt something warm enveloping her hand.

It was Sooyoung, holding her hand.

"Sunny.." She find it cute, how Sooyoung called out her name while asleep. Its cute, and sweet and it shouldnt be happening. The wide smile on Sunny's lips disappeared as fast as it came. Like she had been poured with a cold water.

"Stop Sooyoung.Stop falling in love with me."