16th Luck

Amulet

Sooyoung can finally breathe now.

As soon as the doctor in duty told her the good news, Sooyoung felt relieved.

Amber is alive.

The only person who was willing and trying to help her with her problem about Sunny and the amulet is alive.

It was yesterday when she got a call from Amber, telling her that Taeyeon was on danger, and it was earlier this morning when she found out that one of their newest patients was the boyish girl, herself. Turned out that the danger was real and Amber got herself stabbed by Taeyeon's assuming ex-girlfriend, Tiffany.

Her short friend told her everything over the phone earlier as soon as she found out.

"Poor Amber, she was caught up in between all these mess. I hope she'll be okay soon. I heard the knife missed her internal organs by a centimeter." Taeyeon told her.

"She's unlucky and lucky at the same time." Sooyoung put her phone into speaker so she can organize her things on top of her table.

"Yeah, I can say the same too. How's Sunny?" The tall doctor stilled at that. Heavy sigh escaped her lungs. "Dying Tae. She's dying." Sooyoung then resumes cleaning her table.

"Sorry Soo. If only there's something I can do to help."

"The only person who can really help me is now lying on a bed in one of our wards." Sooyoung sighed, although she's more at ease now than earlier. Amber's still alive, so it still not the time to mourn over her only chance to save her dying girlfriend.

"Sorry." Taeyeon breathed out.

"You didnt stabbed Amber Tae, stop saying sorry."

"But she got dragged in because of me, so technically it is kind of my fault too." Taeyeon said.

"Okay, enough with this melancholic convo. So when are you coming here to finally introduce your Jessica?" Sooyoung tried to sound cheery but Taeyeon on the other line probably knows she's not all that happy, not till Sunny gets well or her cousin wakes up.

"Im coming over. I need to see Dr. Phillis anyway."

"Our psychologist?" Sooyoung stood up as soon as she finished cleaning up. "Why?"

"Jessica needs to do some therapy."

"Yeah, better check her up for any potential insanity or something. Who knows, she could be crazy too." Sooyoung and Taeyeon laughed at that. "Im really glad to know you didnt get hurt."

"Me too." Sooyoung heard another girl's voice in the background calling Taeyeon. "I got to go now Soo, my ice princess is calling. Will be there soon, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah whatever loverboy." Sooyoung teased before ending the call.

The tall doctor decided to have a walk for a while since she'll be out in duty in 5 minutes. Her feet unconsciously dragged her towards Sunny's room where two of their guards were standing outside its door.

She didnt try to go in, even if she wanted to, the guards wont let her in anyway, so she stood few feet away from the room and stared at the door.

"Hang in there Sunny." She whispered and she hoped that Sunny would here it, not with her ears but by her hear. "I love you."

Sooyoung then went towards her cousin's room where she checked up all the machines first before settling herself down next to Soohyun's bed, immediately taking the younger girl's hand in hers. "I went to see Sunny, she's still inside that room." She sighed. "I miss her so much, Soohyun.."

She massaged her cousin's hand for a minute. "Taeyeon's alive too. But Amber, you know that person who's supposed to help me and Sunny? She got stabbed." Sooyoung stopped massaging when she felt the hand in hers moved a little. "Oh my god Soohyun....." Sooyoung blurted out. It was the first muscle movement her cousin ever made after she fell in a coma and it really made the tall doctor happy. "Soohyun.." Sooyoung muttered as she squeezed her cousins hand tighter. "Please wake up soon."

The tall girl then headed towards the lobby after she got a call from Taeyeon to meet her and Jessica before the latter goes to see their psychologist.

"Hey Soo." her short friend waved at her.

She greeted back, "Tae.."

"I want you to meet someone.." Taeyeon then turned to her back and extended her hand which someone took. And with a pool, a brunette came into view.  "Soo, this is Je..." But the tall girl cut her in the middle of introducing the girl when Sooyoung just lunged forward and hugged the person next to Taeyeon.

"Sooyeon.. Sooyeon, youre alive."