4th Luck

Amulet

"No.. Thats not what I said. I didnt say I am, okay? I said Im just curious, thats all. No, ofcourse not, thats like the most impossible thing to happen. No. Thats never going to happen Taeyeon." Dr. Choi Sooyoung was busy talking to her friend on the phone while she was playing around with her swivel chair like a five year old kid riding a toy car. "No.Its just..you know how she is.. Then lately, she's just treating me like other docs around here. Very casually if you know what I mean. Isnt that weird?"

"Well, yeah maybe youre right. But can you really just move on and forget in a weeks time? No, ofcourse not. No.. I think I would know if Im falling for Sunny myself and Im telling you for the nth time, its never going to happen. So enough about me, whats new there? Have you made a move yet? Whats her name again? Tiffany? Right, that girl. No? Why no? Werent you the one who said before that "Its not everyday this opportunity comes to us"? What happened now?" The doctor's back was facing the door so she didnt realize it opened.

"Dr. Choi Sooyoung?" 

The doctor's head turned in a very comical way; phone still stuck on her ear; and when she saw the person she and her friend was just talking about earlier she fell from her chair and even sent her phone flying across the room.

"Oh my god, Sooyoung, are you okay?" her guest helped her up to her feet ad even picked her phone up for her.

"Talk to you later Tae, something important came up." Sooyoung placed her phone on her table and fixed herself. "Ahh how long have you been there by the door?"

Sunny,who noticed a little paper which got stuck in Sooyoung's collar, casually reached out for it. "Ahh not long, a couple of seconds before you decided to kiss the floor."

"Err, w-what are you doing here? Dont you have meetings to go to?"

"Im free till 2. I was by the hall so I decided to come by your office. Want to have lunch with me?" Sunny asked with a warm smile pasted across her face.

"Yeah sure.I just need to do something first. I'll see you in the cafeteria in 10?"

Once Sunny left her office, Sooyoung found support by the table behind her. "Fast heart beat, tensed body, stuttering. Ohh good lord, this cant be happening." 

She reached for her phone and dialed her friend's number again. "Yah Taeyeon. Im so going to kill you for putting stupid ideas in my head." Sooyoung paused and heaved a sigh. "And yes, now I think the tables been turned."

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

"I'll just go for the usual."

"Salad and Beef stew please." Choi Sooyoung told the waitress their order and went back to drinking her soda. "So this is becoming a hobby." When Sunny looked at her confusedly she elaborated. "Us hanging out. Cause usually, Im trying to make the run for it." Sooyoung chuckled, referring to those days where she avoids the older girl.

"You tell me, what changed?" Sunny asked back; offering the tall doctor a smile.

"Youre not throwing yourself at me anymore?" Sunny knows it wasnt a question. And its true, since the day she found out that she could never take the amulet off she had accepted that she'll never get to have her own love life; a price she had to pay for her and her sibling's life.

"And that makes you comfortable around me?" Sooyoung nodded her head.

"Would you believe it if I say Im over you now?" Sunny saw a glimpse of disappointment in Sooyoung's face but she immediately brushed it off. There's no way Sooyoung can magically fall for her, cant she?

"Are you really?" Sunny was unable to answer when their food arrived and they started eating.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Sunny was about to hop inside her car when a forceful hand pulled her and an intruding lips pressed against hers. She was about to punch her harasser but the hands that was holding her waist feels so familiar and when she looked back at the eyes of the person who just kissed, it was no wonder why it felt familiar; she's been enveloped and caressed by those arm before.

"W-why?" Sunny asked holding her lips.

"I dont want you to move on. I dont want you to get over me." Sooyoung who had just been as shock as Sunny answered. "Look, I dont know when it happened, god I dont even know what happened. I hated you before, now I have these crazy feelings towards you and I dont have control over it. I cant control it. I think I like you Sunny."

"No, you dont."

"Okay,I mightve underestimated your logical comprehension before but I think I know that I do, or atleast I think I do. God Sunny.. What have you done to me?" Sooyoung was phasing back and forth in front of Sunny. "All I know is that my heart beats faster whenever youre around me. I get so tense when Im near you and I stutter when Im talking to you. And I dont want you liking anyone else but me."

"But I dont like anyone else at all right now.."

"You dont?" Sooyoung snapped her head back to Sunny. "Good, then youre not going to get over me now?"

"Oh god Sooyoung.. I cant do this anymore.. Im sorry. But you cant, you cant like me back.."

"What? What do you mean I cant, wait Sunny.. Sunny.." But Sunny was already inside her car and driving off as fast as she can away from the perplexed tall doctor.

"Ohh god, everything's a mess now..." Sunny was not even far from the hospital building when her phone rang. "Hello ma? Ma, why are you crying? What happened? What? Sammy got into a car accident? When? This lunch. Okay. I'm heading there now." Sunny turn her phone off and steered the car around.

"It's started."