11th Luck

Amulet

Sooyoung heaved a sigh as she rested her back on her chair, wiping her face with her palm before sitting straight up again. She was jobless only for a day, thanks to future CEO Lee Sunny, who didnt let her father take one of the best neurosurgeon out of their hospital. President Lee was against the idea but Sunny has her ways of getting everything that she wants and so, Sooyoung was back again in her office.

The tall doctor then opened her laptop, searching for a specific amulet and when she found it, she doesnt know how to react herself.

It is true. Everything that Sunny told her that morning was true.

The amulet, was a powerful charm that gives the holder such luck -- and now she understands why Sunny's family seemed to be so lucky in everything; it was because of the amulet.

She also learned that to enable the power of the amulet, it should be worn by the eldest born and its Sunny, and never to take it off even once. 

But the thing that got her the most was the consequences of using the amulet. The holder of the charm can never have a love life or atleast thats what the article was telling her. That the holder's love can never be reciprocated, but what is she then? Didnt she love Sunny back?

Sooyoung read on and now she understood why Sunny had been avoiding her after she confessed -- it was because the amulet will lose its powers whenever the person whom the amulet holder loves, loved her back. And now she knows why Sammy got into a car accident, why the small business of Sunny's younger sister went into bankruptcy and why Sunny had been getting sick lately; it was all because the power of the amulet is starting to wear off -- and its all her fault. Because she fell in love with Sunny.

She felt bad even more, knowing that Sunny and her siblings' existence we're all out of luck, thus, the amulet losing its power would mean Sunny and her siblings would die too. They were after all, a result of the amulet's power.

And now she understands, that the more her feelings towards Sunny becomes deeper, the more that the girl and her siblings' life was in danger.

Now, what is she supposed to do? What else can she do?

She's in a dilemma and her logical thinking was weighing the probability for her, either she'd be a knight and tried to stop herself from loving Sunny or just hold on and wait till the amulet takes the three lives that wasnt suppose to exist in the first place. Neither of it was what she wants to do cause either way, she'd still lose Sunny and she's not ready to lose her yet, they havent even started for heaven's sake. So how is she to decide whats best for them if in the end, they'll only get hurt?

Sooyoung pushed herself up and paced the room. She took her phone and called her bestfriend but Taeyeon didnt pick up. Knowing that her friend might still be busy, she made a mental note to just call her later.

Feeling suffocated inside her room, she decided to go out and headed to room 418 where she only took a glimpse inside the room. And when she was sure that all the machines are working and all the patient's vitals were okay, Sooyoung went to the rooftop to get some fresh air.

"Sorry, I didnt know you'll come up here." Sooyoung was rather surprised with how cold Sunny had greeted her. "Whats wrong?"

The future CEO shook her head. "You must be thinking how crazy I am right now, telling you stuffs and all. I know you dont believe me but its the truth. Crazy as it may sound, but its the truth."

"I know, Ive made my research Sunny and I believe you."

Sooyoung sat next to Sunny and none of them talk after awhile.

"So, what now?" Sunny asked, breaking their silence. "What are we going to do now?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Sooyoung, I cant decide for you. I cant even decide for myself."

"All I do know is that I dont want to lose you."

Then both of them fell in silent. 

Sooyoung then reach out for Sunny's hand to hold. It just feels so perfect, the two of them together amidst the mess theyre currently in right now. It feels so perfect that neither of the two wants it to stop, to change.

"Is there really no other way for us to be together?' Sooyong asked aloud as she glanced over to Sunny and really, as she looked at her, Sooyoung knew she'd do everything, anything, just to keep Sunny by her side. 

if there's one possible way to reverse the effect of the amulet, she'd gladly do it. Cause now she realized, her life would be meaningless without Sunny in it.

 

 

 

 

 

 



I dont know what I wrote, cause I wrote it while Im half asleep.