22nd Luck

Amulet

Sunny held back her sobs, not wanting to wake her sleeping girlfriend up. Its already three in the morning yet she's still awake. She couldnt sleep, even when all her body was so tired, exhausted and screaming for her to rest, she just couldnt sleep or more likely, she's not letting herself sleep.

She's scared.. that if she close her eyes, she's afraid that they might not open again.

She's afraid to die, even when she knows that it'll happen eventually, she's still scared. And her fear was getting the best off her.

She feels guilty as well. She fears to die and leave Sooyoung alone, despite knowing that her girlfriend's cousin has been found, she still feel like she's going to leave Sooyoung alone when she dies and she feels guilty.

She doesnt want to leave Sooyoung, but too bad, the world isnt a wishing well. So even if she were to wished or even prayed to all the God she knows, she will still die and she will still leave her girlfriend's side.

And time is not even on her side.

The past few days just passed by so quick and Sunny felt like it wasnt enough... that her time spent with Sooyoung was not enough, yet she hoped it did, she prayed that her memories with the tall doctor will last.

She let her tears fall endlessly as she tried to keep her sobs muffled with her palm on as she cried.

She heard her girlfriend mumbled her name in her sleep over and over again, like a prayer, a mantra.. it only stopped when she reached out to ease the crease on the tall doctor's eyebrows.

And she wondered if Sooyoung is dreaming about her. She hoped it wasnt a nightmare. She wanted Sooyoung to dream about them, about her in the happiest way possible, even if it only meant that they could only have a happy ending in their dreams.

"I love you Sooyoung, so much, I just wish we still have more time." But she knew it will only remain as a wish, for every seconds passed, she could feel life slipping away from her grip.

Sunny felt a jab on her chest, as if air was just suddenly knocked off her lungs and she couldnt breathe. She coughed and coughed but she tried to suppress it till she was halfway across the bathroom. She looked at her palm when she felt liquid coming out from as she coughed again.

She paled even more when she saw blood on her palm.

It wasnt the first time, but its more frequent now than before when she was still in the hospital. She didnt tell Sooyoung because she's afraid that if the tall doctor knew, she'll blame herself and force her to go back to the hospital. But Sunny doesnt want to go back to the hospital, she doesnt want to leave Sooyoung's side. She doesnt want to die in a hospital room void of her girlfriend.

She turned to look at Sooyoung who was still sleeping. She wanted to call out for her but no voice came out when she tried to speak then her eyes blurred and her body fell on the ground, unconscious. 

Not long after, sleeping Sooyoung woke up when she didnt feel Sunny next to her. She almost jump out of bed in worry and the first thing she did was scan the room for her girlfriend but her bathroom door and her bedroom door was both close and that she doesnt hear any water running from the bathroom. 

She blinked her sleepiness away and noticed something on the floor.

Her face lost its color when she realized what or who it was... "Sunny." She mumbled under her breath and with her long legs, strode her way to her unconscious girlfriend's side.

The first thing she noticed was the blood on the side of Sunny's mouth, and without anymore thinking, she scooped her up and took her to the hospital. She didnt even care that she's only wearing her pajama or that she's running the hospital floor on bare foot. She just need someone to save Sunny.

It was one of those days when she felt incapable, useless, handicapped; that she cant do anything to help her dying girlfriend, that even with the degree and knowledge she has in the field of medicine, she still felt so stupidly incompetent as another doctor carried Sunny off her and took her inside the emergency room.

Half an hour later, S.K Specialist's CEO Lee arrived, furious and no doubt mad as hell.

Sooyoung was unaware that Sunny's dad was already choking her to death since her eyes, her mind and all her attention was at the closed door and the most important person in her life behind it.

"Excuse me Sir.. Excuse me, youre going to kill her like this." Amber, who happened to be in the hospital looking after her girlfriend saw her when she walked pass by the emergency room and offered her a cup of coffee and waited with her, tried to stop Sunny's dad from killing Sooyoung.

"That's exactly what I am doing young man. this is not your ing business." CEO Lee pushed Amber aside and tried to choke Sooyoung again. "If you didnt take her away, this wouldnt have happened. She wouldnt become worst and we couldve made her live longer but you.. you took that chance away from her."

"Honey, please stop this. This wont save Sunny." Mrs. Lee pleaded as she tried to pull her husband away from the tall doctor.

"Sunny's dying. She's dying." CEO Lee who was all furious earlier broke down and cried in the arms of his wife. "Our daughter is dying and I cant even do anything to save her. Im a CEO of a hospital yet I cant even save my own daughter's life."

"There's a way." Amber butted in.

"What do you mean there's a way?" CEO Lee and his wife asked at the same time.

"There's a way to save Sunny." But it was Sooyoung who finished Amber's sentence, "But one of your family needs to offer their life in exchange for Sunny's."