10th Luck

Amulet

She doesnt how she got home, but she's home. She woke up expecting to be in some hotel Taeyeon checked them in or in Sunny's apartment in case she was too drunk and too stupid to go all the way there  last night but there she was lying on her bed with the worst headache ever. She looked over at her clock on the side table and it flashed 04:18, and she wonders how did she managed to sleep that long in a working day. Ohh thats right, she has no work anymore, she's been fired.

Sooyoung sighed and covered her eyes with her arms when her phone rang. Grabbing it next to the alarm clock, she saw multiple calls coming from her colleagues in the hospital. They probably found out what happened hence the endless calls. Not wanting to deal with any of them, Sooyoung pushed herself up and took a shower. After an hour and a half in the bathroom and she's well refreshed, she went out and checked her phone again, hoping that one of her callers would be Sunny but to her dismay, none of it was from her.

As she was about to toss her phone to her bed, it rang and it was Taeyeon. She lazily swiped the phone's screen and raised it up to her ears. "Shorty whats up?"

"Where were you last night?" She could tell the worry in her friend's voice.

"Relax, I didnt try to kill myself or anything stupid. Im not suicidal Tae. I only went home last night." She answered.

"What time? Why didnt you tell me? i woke up and you werent inside the hotel." Taeyeon is panicking and Sooyoung doesnt understand why and as if her short friend can read her mind, she blurted out. "I was with Tiffany in bed. And she said we had ."

"I probably went home right after we checked in, so I have no idea what happened between you two."

"I dont know either, I was too drunk to even remember a thing after we entered the room." Sooyoung can imagine Taeyeon massaging her temple; trying to relax herself.

"Tae, you'll know for sure if something happened, no matter how drunk you are, you'll know when you had with someone."

"I asked her." That made Sooyoung hit her forehead with her palm. Sometimes she wonders where Taeyeon hides her brain, just like right now. "The only thing she says is that she's glad it was with me."

"Oh my god Tae, she's a ." She heard her friend sighed at the other line. "Prepare yourself to an overly clingy girlfriend then."

"Not funny Soo."

"Dont work yourself over it too much, just consider it as a one night stand. Youre not going to do it again with her, are you?" Taeyeon was quick to answer. "No, god ofcourse not, no. What will Jessica think of me if I did the same mistake twice."

"Ohh you mean did her sister twice." Then Sooyoung ended up in a laughing trip with her friend whining on the other end of the call. She was having fun way too much that she didnt realize that her lower torso was only covered by a towel and another was draping over shoulder, long enough to cover her s when she opened her door. Someone rang her bell earlier and she didnt expect it to be the person she's been missing and wanting to see, to talk and to hold. "Sunny."

"Tae, I'll call you later, something important came up." Sooyoung didnt wait for her friend's response, she immediately ended the call.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, surprised.

"T-taking you back to the t-team." Sooyoung's brow creased as she heard Sunny stuttered. She followed where the shorter girl's eyes were on and it lead her to her s,thats when she realized that she's still only in her towels. "Oh my god, Im sorry." She pulled Sunny inside her house and closed the door shut.

Realizing how close they were, Sooyoung couldnt help herself but be more aggressive as she took steps forward and trapped Sunny against the door.

"Sooyoung please. This isnt helping us."

"And avoiding me does?  Tell me Sunny, why exactly are you here? Didnt you want nothing to do with me anymore? Well your dad just helped you on that, he fired me. Now I am really out of your life. But why come here Sunny? Why?"

"Because what he did isnt fair to you."

"And yours does? Thats bull Sunny. Tell you what, maybe your dad is right, Im no good for you. Look at us, youre one hell of a rich girl and Im just your striving employee. What good am I to you huh?" Sooyoung took a step back and ran her fingers to her hair. "Come to think of it, he's actually doing us a favor. I wont be able to bother you and you dont have to run away from me. Its a good plan, isnt it?" Sooyoung doesnt know what came over to her but she felt tired and exhausted with Sunny's game of cat and mouse. If Sunny doesnt want to be caught then why would Sooyoung chase her?

Silence; none of them wanted to talk, both were weighing the atmosphere, but Sunny broke it off as she whispered, "I thought you love me." Sooyoung snorted, as if what the shorter girl said was the most stupid thing she ever heard. 

"God damn it Sunny, yes, yes, I love you. Im ing in love with you to the moon and back. And I dont know how else can I say that so you'd finally understand and stop what ever it is that youre doing to me, to us. I know you still love me so I dont understand why youre trying to avoid me, this." At the last word, Sooyoung took Sunny's hand and placed it to where her heart is. "Its only beating for you Sunny. Why cant you see that?"

Sunny started crying and she immediately pulled her into a hug. "Stop fingting it Sunny, because I love you and Im willing to do everything just to prove that to you."

Sooyoung heard the shorter girl sighed before she spoked. "If I tell you something, would you believe me?" She only nodded and when Sunny confided to her the truth, Sooyoung felt like her world just came srumbling down.

"Soo, Im dying."