1st Luck

Amulet

“Seriously, what exactly is it that’s so special about her that youre very much willing to make a fool out of yourself? Please enlighten me, cause I sure in hell don’t understand.” The outraged blonde girl exclaimed and that made her stiffened a bit. Yeah, she heard her yell, scream and curse a lot of times, but never directed at her. So it did made her feel a bit uneasy

“Hyo, relax.”

“Ju Hyun..”  The blonde girl, Hyoyeon, sighed. “You cant just tell me to relax, our idiotic friend here is definitely not in her right mind to pursue someone who obviously doesn’t feel anything about her.”

Ju hyun, the youngest of the four covered her ears. It was funny and she found herself chuckling despite the situation she was in. She’s older than her but Ju hyun treats her like she was a kid that needed to be protected, well, she probably is one right now considering how scary their friend Hyoyeon is. “Hyo, that’s a bit harsh, you know?”

“What? Im only stating a fact and reality hurts.” Hyoyeon shrugged her shoulder as Ju hyun gave her a glare. Yeah, she mustve been the youngest but Ju hyun always has this unexplainable authority over them. “For goodness’ sake Lee Soonkyu, youre the next CEO of SK Specialist. You have everything, you can have whatever you want with just a snap of your fingers and there’s a lot of people out there who’s willing, will probably even trade everything, to be in Sooyoung’s shoes just to get your attention. Yet, here you are drinking yourself to death just because the doctor whom you claimed owned your heart doesn’t even give a damn about you.”

“Thanks for pointing out Hyo.” Sunny bitterly replied, head hanging low as she played with her shot glass in hand.

“Come on Sunny, we’re just trying to be your friend here. We’re really happy that you’ve finally fallen in love, but Sun, you fell for the wrong person. Youre only going to get yourself hurt if you’ll keep doing this.”

“As if she’s not hurting now.” Hyoyeon, the blonde girl sitting across Sunny rolled her eyes.

“Its not that easy Yoona. I really like her, and the more she tries to avoid and ignore me, the more I see myself falling for her.” Sunny leaned forward and the slim woman next to her welcomed her in her arms.

“Ohh poor Sunny.” Yoona patted her back. “But really Sun, you really need to stop this. This wont do you any good.”

She knows that, but what can she do when her heart doesn’t exactly listen to anyone, even to her own self?

Its been only two months since they accidentally met and Sunny found herself claiming that she’s falling for the long-legged doctor in the hospital her family owns. It was like love at first sight, or just what Sunny likes to call it. It was one sided though since Dr. Choi Sooyoung was very vocal that she doesn’t like the Lee heir and had even talked to her father to clear any rumor that was spreading around the hospital like a wide fire.

And today was like one of many other days that Sooyoung had made Sunny look like a cheap and hopeless girl who’s trying to be noticed by her first crush.

No, don’t get her wrong. Sunny isn’t ugly. She’s not ugly at all. She mustve been not the prettiest among her circle of friends (Yoona was the one carrying the title) but Sunny cant be ranked the least either. She’s kind, pure at heart and very much a loving person. She maybe vertically challenged, but that doesn’t stop her from doing things she likes or has interest on. She’s y, no doubt about that. She’s very much well blessed around her bust area and well, she has a perfect S line. She’s also smart and the list can go on.

 Sunny is basically perfect, a girlfriend and daughter in-law material. She’s everything a man or in her preference a girl can ask for so she cant really understand why, why was Dr. Choi Sooyoung seem to think of her otherwise.

“She must be straight then.” Juhyun tried to rationalize.

“That’s hard to believe considering she’s friends with Dr. Kim and those two were always rumored to be swinging that way.” Yoona said.

“Theyre gays okay, I told you, Ive seen those two one time in a gay bar I was telling you about.” Hyoyoen pointed out.

“We’re not going to ask again what you were doing in that place.” Juhyun shook her head.

“And I am not even going to tell. But whatever her reason is for not liking you back, Im telling you Sun, its her lost. Now get over her.” Hyoyeon said in a matter factly tone.

“Easy for you to say.” What was Sunny only muttered out.

“Wow. Who are you and what did you do to our friend?”

In all honesty, everything that she is, she has and she gets wasn’t always out of hard work. She knows that, her whole family knows that and even the one who gave her mother the amulet that’s she’s wearing now knows that. Some says opportunities doesnt come easy, well except for Sunny and her family since it seems like that the opportunity itself somehow the one finding them. And really, everything they want and need just so happen to come so fast, so quick and so easy that they dont even have to wait nor work hard. One blink of an eye and theyre already holding those opportunites with their two hands. Thats how easy things come to Sunny and she has never worked hard for anything, well till Dr. Choi Sooyoung came along. that is.

"I believe you have no business with me Ms. Lee Sunny." The white uniformed tall girl said without bothering to look at her uninvited guest and continued reading the papers that was on top of her table. "Specially at this time of night and mostly when youre drunk."

"Tell me whats wrong with me Dr. Choi Sooyoung? Why cant you like me back."

The doctor exhaled an exhausted sigh. She had been tired of putting up with desperate and pleading parents earlier and dealing with Sunny at her most insensible state would only give more headache to the doctor. "Please Ms. Lee Sunny. The last thing I want right now is a distraction."

"Is that all you see me as? Your distraction?"

Sooyoung sighed again but this time, she stopped what she was doing and looked everywhere but the girl standing few feet away from her table. "This discussion will go nowhere. Just come back and talk to me when youre sober."

"Sober or not, youre still not going to talk to me."

"If you know that already, then why are you still here in my office."

And for the nth time since they met, Sunny made a stupid out of herself again. "Because Im in love with you, damn it."

And for the nth time again, Sooyoung made her feel more stupid than she has been by replying. "And Im not, so please stop wasting my precious time."

Sunny shouldve been mad and shouldve left the office room as she heard it, but her stubborn self was kicking in so she still stayed. Her drooping eyes still not leaving the doctor's annoyed ones. "One day you'll be mine Choi Sooyoung. One day you will."

"And Im telling you already, that day will never come."

Sunny was naturally down to earth, grounded but because she was under the influence of the alcohol, she feels so brave and invincible. "We shall see. Just dont tell me I didnt warn you." And Sooyoung just rolled her eyes. She's already pissed with the girl at her sober state, she never thought that she could dislike her more than she already is when she's drunk.

Sooyoung was too normal to notice that the amulet dangling around Sunny's neck suddenly beamed with bluish light as she muttered "I always get what I want, and I want you. So by hook or by crook, you'll be mine Choi Sooyoung. And you will love me more than you thought you possibly could."