The Start of Something New

Deep Dark Love

Jieun collapsed on her bed, staring at the ceiling of her bedroom. She was frustrated. She tried recalling the last time she placed her headphones, she was sure damn positive she left it in her room. Blinking her eyes and sighed, she reached for her pillow nearby and hugged it. She tried very hard thinking where might her headphones went. They can't just grow legs and run away right? It's illogical...

“Oh my gosh...where did I put my headphones?!” she mumbled to herself and tossed her pillow aside.

“Yah, Kim Jieun! Get your lazy downstairs right now, we're leaving!” Sunggyu hollered from downstairs.

“Oppa! Have you seen my headphones?” She yelled in frustration.

“Nope! Dad started the car, hurry or I'll lock you in!”

Jieun huffed, annoyed at the fact that there wasn't a miracle that made her headphones turn up suddenly. Without a choice, she scrambled downstairs, out into the pouring snow. It was mid-December and the Kim family had planned a 3 day 2 night vacation somewhere in the middle of the forest of Seoul. A quiet and relaxing vacation during the cold winter season, they hoped to get tension and stress of their heads.

“It's freezing!” she hugged herself as she stepped out of the door. Despite the many layers she wore, she sure had amazingly sensitive cold receptors. Sunggyu locked the door behind her.

“Eun-ah, you know why it's cold?” There goes another weird question from her brother.

“Cause it's snowing,” she rolled her eyes.

“Wrong. It's cause it ain't hot,” he snickered and walked past her, hands behind his back.

“You know, sometimes I wonder why I have a weird brother like you...” her voiced trailed off as she noticed something in the grasp of Sunggyu's hands. It was her black and white headphones she was looking miserably for.

“Yah! My headphones!” She shrieked and ran after him. Sunggyu laughed and and ran too, chanting "Jieun pabo, Jieun pabo" countless times.

With a great leap, Jieun crashed into him from the back, both tumbling around like kids in the snow, laughing like retards.

“Idiot...” Sunggyu got up and gave her his hand. She reached for it and got up to her feet, both of them dusting of the snow on their coats.

“Kids! We're leavinggg!” Their father called from a distance at the ignited car. Hearing that, Jieun rushed to the car. She looked over her shoulders, saying to Sunggyu, “Last one is the rotten hamster~”

Sunggyu's has often been called a hamster by Jieun because of his small eyes. It always agitated him but her sister enjoyed teasing him so much. Even though he felt that way, he was positive that it was the way Jieun expressed her love to him.

Sunggyu started to run after her, yelling back, “Kim Jieun would you grow up? You're 17 already!”

Jieun giggled and answered, “Says the one who is running too~”


Jieun wasn't really related to the Kim family. She was adopted at an orphanage at the age of 5. She is a very timid and quiet type of person. Before she was adopted, she rarely talks to anyone in the orphanage she was in. Being quiet was a normal character or personality that some people have, but Jieun was exceptionally quiet. Because of that, other kids always referred to her as a 'mute', 'monster', 'weirdo' or 'scary'. Heck, even the orphanage teachers also agreed to those statements. Some of the teachers acknowledged that Jieun had something dark and scary deep down inside her. They say the monster within her shows in her eyes, her black jet orbs.

Jieun often thought that her existence in this world didn't mean anything, and she would blame herself from being born. It was depressing enough to know that her parents didn't want her anymore but for what reason? She never knew. Being referred to as a weirdo, scary and mute soon became a normal thing to her, but never the word monster. She once tried to beat the crap out of a boy who yelled 'MONSTER!' at her. The boy suffered from a dislocated shoulder and everyone's impression towards her became worse.

 

*12 years ago...*

Who do you want to be your dongsaeng, Sunggyu ah?” Mrs. Kim smiled at their son Sunggyu, who was only 8 years old. Kids scrambled to Sunggyu and pointed their hands, screaming for Sunggyu to choose them. They were very impatient to be adopted by a family. But the thing was, Sunggyu didn't choose anyone from the crowd. Instead, his eyes scanned around the area and saw Jieun sitting alone at a corner. Isolated. He looked into her jet-black orbs and felt something special about her.

That...girl...” he pointed at Jieun.

 

That was how Jieun got adopted. It was the start of something new to her. Being acknowledged in a person's eyes, Jieun couldn't be more elated. Over the years of being with the Kim family, the monster within her started to disappear. She was still the ever quiet girl but at least, her condition improved. She began to have friends, even though there weren't many, but still....

She trusts Sunggyu the most. Being around him, she can be a bubbly and wonderful girl anyone has ever met. They would always fool around like idiots, constantly calling each other weird and funny names, but that's how they get closer to each other. Despite their bickering and childish arguments, they loved each other, more than anything.

Sunggyu loved her the most. To him, Jieun was the only precious thing in his life. He vowed to protect her no matter what circumstances. He promised to never let her be harmed in any way, be it physically or mentally.

As they got up the car happily and got ready for their departure, a silhouette from afar behind a tree was watching them cautiously and dangerously...

 

 


Kay peeps. Chapter 1 is up, hope u guys like it. I can't guarentee that I'll update like every week but since my one week holiday started, I'll try to do my best~ Drop comments yo!