The battle

Deep Dark Love

Sunggyu followed Hoya silently to wherever he was going. He wasn't interested in engaging himself in a conversation with Hoya, and the other had the same thing in mind. Hoya didn't like Sunggyu, not even a little bit. He felt that Woohyun favors Sunggyu more than himself, which isn't pleasing since he has been loyal to Woohyun for a long time now and Sunggyu was just, a random stranger that appeared for some reason. Hoya was really pissed when he found out Woohyun turned the older into a Superior-a title that wasn't easy to gain. But no matter what, Woohyun was his master, and he himself was his servant or butler. All he could do was be silent and aid his master however he can.

“We're here,” Hoya muttered, opening a door that look like it weighed a tonne. Sunggyu heard metal clashing at each other, whooping cheers and loud shouting. To his surprise, Hoya brought him to an underground training arena, big enough to actually be a concert hall. But since this castle was so enormous, it's normal to have a room this big. Sunggyu saw a dozen vampires engaging in a training battle, some with their fists and some with weapons.

Hoya cleared his throat and everyone stopped doing whatever their doing, turning their heads to look and the newcomer. “This is Kim Sunggyu, and he'll be fighting with you guys.”

Sunggyu frowned at Hoya, not really understanding what he meant. Hoya gave him a smirk and said, “Train with them. Learn self-control. Get out to the world and hunt Beasts. Then you can find her, the pathetic girl you're looking for, Jieun.”

Sunggyu's blood boiled in wrath when Hoya called Jieun pathetic. How dare he call her pathetic when he didn't even know her. To Sunggyu, it was a great threat. He balled his hands into fists and hauled one at Hoya. Hoya stood there with an amused smirk and dodged easily, like it was nothing, and then grabbed Sunggyu's neck, lifting him above the ground, causing the latter to choke. “One thing you should know, I'm not some ordinary vampire that you can just haul your punches at or throw in kicks." He brought Sunggyu closer, close enough to be able to whisper in his ear. "You and me, we're on a totally different level, even if Woohyun made you a Superior. Know your place."

He threw Sunggyu, hard enough for him to fly a good distance before coming in contact to the ground. “Jimin, you're in charge.” With that, Hoya left the arena.

Jimin, a charming, fairly short and baby-faced vampire walked towards Sunggyu with a grin. He was taken aback to see Hoya dump a Superior here. Superiors never train because they were actually classified as the Masters of Combat. Since there is one freshly dumped Superior in here, it just means that he was originally a human that got lucky and turned by a Pureblood. “Superior eh mate? See if you can take down a Common like me. Get up and show me what you got.”

Sunggyu was even pissed. He was actually being looked down a Common, and he looked younger too. Sunggyu got up to his feet, ready to throw a punch but Jimin impacted his chest instead, sending him sprawling a few feet away.

“Come on man, that was my weakest punch.” Jimin taunted. The rest who were in combat paused to watch the show, laughing and snickering."Show me what'cha got."

“Yo, Jimin, take it easy,” one of them called.

“I am taking this easy already, Jin hyung,” Jimin answered, smirking. In a flash, Sunggyu smacked Jimin on the face, smashing him to the ground. Sunggyu took the chance to attack when Jimin was distracted. The crowd 'ooh-ed' at the scene.

“Careful Jimin, our Superior here doesn't look that easy,” Jin hollered and laughed.

“That was a good punch,” Jimin got up and gave Sunggyu an uppercut but the latter dodged it well, sending a powerful kick back to the former. Jimin flew across the arena and Sunggyu was surprised of what he did.

“Need help Jimin?” one of his comrades teased.

“Shut up, Jungkook,” Jimin yelled and got up to his feet.

“Jimin's pissed,” Jungkook laughed, followed by the rest.

Ignoring his comrade's teasing, Jimin charged at Sunggyu and successfully boxed him in the abdomen. Sunggyu grunted, but still returned a kick despite the flashing pain. The kick was brutal. It made Jimin raise from the ground a few feet before landing back on it. Jungkook wasn't enjoying this whole scene, seeing his hyung get beat up so easily. It was supposed to be a so-called 'friendly match' but things aren't turning so well since Jimin agitated Sunggyu. He clenched his fists and stood up.

"Yah, where you going?" Jhope asked him.

"To help Jimin hyung, you guys want to see him get beaten to death?" the younger scowled.

"He's gonna be fine, why worry?" Jhope replied.

“I'm going, like it or not,” Jungkook said and walked towards the two. “See if you can handle two of us, Superior.”

"I said I don't need help," Jimin got up from the ground and dusted his clothing.

"Then don't take it as a help, take it as..." Jungkook smirked at Sunggyu. "A game I want to be a part of."

Sunggyu growled. "I swear you midgets are going to die."

Jimin Changed, eyes flashing blue. Calling him a midget is the worse thing you can do to him. Boy, he's angry, real angry.

"What did you call us?" Jungkook asked.

"Mid.Gets," Sunggyu repeated, emphasizing every syllable.

Without even a signal, Jungkook disappeared all of a sudden, causing Sunggyu to flinch in surprise. Moments later, Sunggyu earned a great punch at the side of his face and he crashed to the ground. A large bruise formed where he was hit, and his lips bled. Jimin threw in another attack right when Jungkook finished his. He jabbed Sunggyu at the jaw, hurling him further away.

"Superior's about to get it. Big time," Suga sniggered on the sidelines.

"Yeap, no one gets away calling Jimin a midget," Rap Monster agreed.

Right about time Sunggyu got up, Jungkook smashed his face back to the ground, followed by Jimin kicking him in the stomach. Sunggyu wheezed, the attacks were really hard and he suffocated. There was not even a minute for him to catch a gasp of air. He felt blood trickling down his nose and lips, and the skin on his face cracked due to the uneding punches.

He had enough. He was sick of being trashed everywhere, he was sick of these kids taunting and mocking him, he was sick of everything. He curled his fists into a ball, his nails digging into his own flesh. He felt the same old feeling again-the Change. He could feel his eyes changing color, and the fangs started to protrude again.

“Give up?” Jimin snickered and kicked Sunggyu hard in the chest, causing him to wheeze in pain. “Guess you aren't that good when it comes to two Commons.”

“Come on Superior, up on your feet, we're not done,” Jungkook teased.

In rage, Sunggyu got up on his feet in a millisecond, grabbing the two in the neck, tightening both of his grips, having the idea to kill them both. The two choked and coughed as they were suffocating. The crowd started to shout and yell.

“Stop it!” Suga hollered.

“You can't kill one of our own!” Jhope shouted.

“Let them go!” Jin screamed and started to make his way through the crowd.

Sunggyu ignored them, he was in no state of control. The beast in him have already taken over his body, his mind and even his unconsciousness.

“Someone stop this!”

There was a sudden clap of hands, and Sunggyu immediately loosened his grip, causing the two to tumble to the floor, coughing and wheezing. A jolt of electricity exploded within Sunggyu and he fell to the floor, grunting in pain.

“Sorry about that boys, it seems that our Superior still needs time to deal with his inner beast,” a voice which belonged to Woohyun said. He walked towards Jimin and Jungkook, examining their necks, only to find it slightly crushed. He was amused, amused of Sunggyu.

“Jin, Suga, get them to infirmary,” Woohyun said. The two mentioned Commons obeyed and disappeared, bringing Jimin and Jungkook along with them, glaring at Sunggyu when they left. Woohyun clapped his hands again, and Sunggyu felt the pain go away.

“Good job,” he murmured and walked towards the exit. “You're ready to hunt down Beasts, congrats. The rest of you, carry on what you were doing.”

Sounds of metal clashing and fists hurling at each other became audible again. Sunggyu slowly stood up to his feet, watching Woohyun walking towards the exit. He was absolutely positive now, that Woohyun was in control of him. Just as he thought Woohyun is going to leave for good, he stopped and called out a name.

“V, follow me,” Woohyun called.

A figure zipped past Sunggyu like a breeze and was already walking beside Woohyun. Sunggyu never really got a good view of the guy called V, but he was strangely familiar, as if he has somehow met him before, but he couldn't remember.


 


 


 

Sungyeol walked hurriedly, looking for Myungsoo. He cheered inwardly when he saw him in his study room, flipping through books. Upon entering, he knocked softly on the door.

“Yes Yeol, come in, there's no need to knock,” Myungsoo said as he broke his gaze on the book currently in his possesion.

“What's up hyung?” Sungjong waved, currently placing the books in order on the shelves.

“What's up yourself,” Sungyeol chuckled.

“So what is it?” Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol immediately became serious as he focused on Myungsoo.

“Hoya apparently dumped Sunggyu in the battle arena over at Woohyun's.”

“And then?” Myungsoo ushered him to carry on.

“Sunggyu almost killed two Commons, Jimin and Jungkook,” Sungyeol answered.

Myungsoo nodded, “Is that all?”

“Yes.But the fight was brutal.”

"Why is it?"

"Jimin was actually one of the skilled combatants in BTS, Jungkook ranking second. But Sunggyu almost crushed their necks, it was scary."

Sungjong chuckled softly. "Scared, oh hyung..."

"Eyy...you didn't witness it so quit complaining," Sungyeol scowled in displeasure.

"Anything else?" Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol shook his head.

“Alright, thanks,” he patted Sungyeol's shoulder.

“I'll make my leave now, will update you soon,” Sungyeol said and exited the room.

“Jieun's brother isn't quite easy to deal with I can see,” Sungjong commented.

“It depends how Woohyun's gonna use him...”

“Hey hyung,” Sungjong called.

“Yeah?”

“I have that feeling...that Woohyun already know where Jieun is.”

“I know, I feel it to. You know what, Jong? I'm gonna need you to do something for me,” Myungsoo said as he closed the book he was reading. “Since Sungyeol is keeping an eye on Woohyun and Hoya, I need you to go snoop around the gang BTS.”

“Oh, those gang of Commons that Jimin and Jungkook are in?”

“Yeah, I have a feeling that one of the members in there have something to do with Jieun, get me their profiles and just check around to see what they're doing,” Myungsoo said.

“Understood.”

“Jieun's about to resume school as well in a few days, have you enrolled us in yet?”

“Already done. I got us our uniforms too, it's in the closet, anything else?”

“Nope, that is all. Thanks.”

“You know you don't have to thank me.”

Myungsoo gave a small amused smile. “I'm thanking you as a friend, not as a master-and-servant ot whatever .”

Sungjong chuckled, “Alright then.”


Authornim: I can't believe I dragged BTS into this fic xD Oh well, the more the merrier.