Revealed

Deep Dark Love

Children’s laughter filled the air in a cool autumn morning. Jieun was running around trying to capture them but they were fast and agile, avoiding her every grasp.

“Jieun noona! Come and catch me!” one of them shouted.

“No! Catch me first!” Another shouted from another direction, giggling as he ran. She was having fun with the boys in the woods, playing tag with them. They were all familiar to her, but their faces were a blur. She knew their names, but there was only silence when she tried to call them. She was well aware that it was one of her memories hidden in the back of her mind, trying to resurface but only came in fragments, leaving dull clues behind. One of them though, was the most familiar to her. She knew that somehow she had met him, but couldn’t figure out who it was. A rattle at the front door jolted her from slumber. Apparently, it was Sunggyu.

 

“Where have you been?” she yawned and stretched her arms. Sunggyu looked at her with no words coming out of his mouth. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I…” he sighed. “don’t know. It’s just so…complicated. I don’t even know what is real anymore, nothing seems to make sense.”

 

“What do you mean?” she tilted her head to a side.

 

“I met him, the one who turned me into a vampire,” he exhaled sharply.

 

“What did you ask him?”

 

“I don’t know where to start, but…”

 

“But what?” she probed. He didn’t answer.

 

“Please,” she pleaded. “don’t leave me in the dark like this not knowing what’s going on. I deserve to know what’s going on with me, and you, and basically us and our parents.”

 

She looked at Sunggyu with a pleading expression, already sick and tired of not really knowing what is going on. He had to tell her, she deserved to know even if it doesn’t make sense at the moment. After all, why would Woohyun lie about her being a vampire? As much as Sunggyu hated it, he had to admit that it felt like it was the truth.

 

“You’re…”

 

“I’m what? Just tell me, please.”

 

Sunggyu looked at her dead in the eye, knowing that there’s no going back once he reveals it to her.

 

“…a vampire.”

 

There was a moment of silence as Jieun digested the words that came out of Sunggyu’s lips. She seemed to have accepted it really easily.

 

“It doesn’t really make sense that I’m a vampire but it does at the same time,” she said.

 

“Wait, how can you not be shocked or even the least bit surprised?” Sunggyu asked, baffled.

 

“Well, after everything that’s happened, I’ve came to a conclusion that there are things far beyond human understanding. To know that vampire race have actually existed and that human can be turned into one like your case, I basically have no choice but to believe in the most weirdest and absurd statements given. It obviously doesn’t make sense now but I think we can try to connect the dots slowly.”

 

At that instant, Sunggyu felt that Jieun had suddenly matured a lot. He decided that they should work together to figure this out. But for the meantime, he left out the truth about Taehyung being a vampire. He wanted to figure that out himself. “So, how’d you suggest we start?”

 

She thought about telling him about Myungsoo, but refused to in the end due to the note she received about keeping it a secret. It was positive that she and Myungsoo shared a special relationship with each other, and there was just this someone who was trying to get in their way. After all the hassle, she could only conclude that the person who turned Sunggyu into a vampire was behind everything. Since she had no idea of how to contact Myungsoo at the moment, she decided to visit the enemy’s lair face to face.

 

“Bring me to him, I know he has answers to everything,” she said.

 

Sunggyu sighed. “I don’t know about this but I’ll respect your decision under one condition.”

 

“That is?”

 

“We’re getting the hell out of there if gets out of hand.”

“Deal. What is his name though?”

 

“Nam Woohyun,” Sunggyu replied. As expected, the name rang a bell. Jieun was even more confident that he is the one pulling the strings behind the scenes.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, they both stood in front of the castle. The aura of vampires were strong as hell. Jieun felt like she was being crushed by a whole load of energy.

 

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu asked while looking at her grim expression.

 

“Yeah, just too much energy to handle but I’ll get used to it. How does a place like this even exist though?”

 

“I don’t really know too, it’s funny how it doesn’t show up in maps. And apparently humans just don’t ever wander in here.”

 

As they walked along the hall, Hoya appeared.

 

“It’s been sometime, Superior,” his tone still contained resentment towards Sunggyu.

 

“Where’s Woohyun?”

 

“What business do you have with him and who is she?”

 

“That’s none of your concern, tell me where Woohyun is.”

 

Jieun looked at both of them, feeling the tense atmosphere rising to the brim. Before they could say another word, something snapped in Jieun. She felt it-the aura similar to the boy in her memory. Without thinking twice, she ran towards the direction of the aura given, simultaneously picking up six more familiar auras.

 

“Jieun!” Sunggyu shouted and ran after her. But before he could catch up to her, an invisible force held him back. Standing next to Hoya, was Woohyun himself with an outstretched hand.

 

“Nam Woohyun!” Sunggyu said through gritted teeth. “Let me go right now.”

 

“You don’t have to meddle in this anymore, thanks for bringing her here,” Woohyun said. “your job is done. Stay out of her life from now and just protect her.”

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO?!” Sunggyu shouted in rage. With a snap of his fingers, Sunggyu went out like a light.

 

“I am your master because you accepted and drank the blood flowing in my veins, therefore I have authority over you,” Woohyun mumbled.

 

 

 

Jieun was getting closer each step she took. She soon ended up in front of a large door with the word ‘Arena’ plastered on it. With all her might, she pushed the door open. Seven figures who were moving at the speed of light in combat paused to see who it was at the door.

 

Shock and surprised dawned on all seven of them when they realized who it was standing at the door.

 

“Holy Lord,” JHope had a hand on his mouth.

 

“It really is her,” Jin said with widened eyes.

 

When her eyes locked on the aura she was most attached to, she had the shock of her life as it was Taehyung.

 

“Ji…eun noona?” Jimin and Jungkook said in unison, utterly baffled. Upon hearing the familiar voice, everything came crashing back. Her memory became clear now; their faces were no longer blurred. She could hear herself calling their names as they screamed in laughter.

 

Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hobi, Jiminie, Kookie and Tae…

 

It was them. They were the kids she played with in her memory; they were the kids who adored her; they were the kids whom she loved with all her heart.

 

They were all vampires.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Authornim: I...dont even know where to start after such long hiatus. I know Im late for finally updating so IM REALLY SORRY!!! I'm finally back after all these months due to really busy studying phase. As you guys know, I finally finished SPM ohmygawd feel me my dear Malaysian readers! Im finally back with an update after all these time keeping yall waiting im so sorry like really T^T Tbh i kind of wanted to give up writing since i had stopped for so long but I think i should at least finish this fanfic if i really do consider to stop writing. I don't really feel the enthusiasm and inspiration for it lately but I hope this fic will infire (Suga stans!xD)  me to continue writing. Its also quite tough writing coz ive stopped for sometime and my brain is always juggling between 3 languages (bahasa melayu, eng and mandarin) so I apologize if my eng is ish at the moment. Hopefully it'll adjust back when i continue writing this fic and completing it someday. I dont wanna rant so much coz yall probs wont read this anyway xDDD anyways, Im still thankful for each and everyone of you who subscribed, comment and voted this fic. Thanks so much for all your support until now! xoxo Do leave comments, I read each and everyone of them <3