First Night

Deep Dark Love

“No! Oh my gawd, you're not supposed to pour it like that!” Sunggyu exclaimed before wrapping both his arms around Jieun, holding her hands, trying to teach her the correct way to make latte art. Sunggyu had already completed his whereas Jieun was basically ruining hers.

Sunggyu sighed. “You know, it actually looks good at first without the pattern, but now you did it...”

“What?” She looked at him.

“No offense, it looks like bird poop floating on top, and it's really disturbing to the eye...”

Jieun shot him a glare. “It's already offensive, furbrain.”

“Yah! Who you calling a furbrain?” he poked her forehead.

“Well, it's obvious I'm calling you a furbrain. You look like a hamster, and hamster has fur. So I figured furbrain suits you,” she laughed, then smiled smugly at him.

Sunggyu frowned at his sister's illogical and childish statement. “Jeez...you're seriously an epitome of stupidity and childishness.”

“I am Not!” she protested.

“You Are!”

“Am NOT!”

“You ARE!”

“NOT!”

“ARE!”

“Hey kids, what's going on?” Their father interrupted the banter.

“Dad! Oppa said my latte looks like bird poop!” Jieun whined.

“Well, she called me a furbrain!” He retorted.

“You guys...you're 17 and 19 already, quit being childish,” their father rubbed his temples and sighed. Jieun looked away, so did Sunggyu.

“Show appa your latte, Eun-ah,” their father requested. Jieun handed over her latte to appa sheepishly. Appa stifled a laugh, and a huge grin escaped the corner of his lips.

“Hate to break it to you Eun, but Sunggyu has a point though. It does look like bird poop floating on top...” he covered his mouth to suppress his laughter.

“DAD!” Jieun scowled.

Sunggyu broke into laughter, “Told you so!”

“What am I missing kids?” Mom appeared suddenly. Dad passed the cup to her.

“Honey, what does this look like to you?” He asked. Mom examined it carefully, lips pursed. Sunggyu stopped laughing to see his mother's point of view, so did Jieun. After moments of silence, she spoke.

“It kinda looks like...bird poop?” She tilted her head to a side.

Sunggyu erupted into laughter again. Jieun shot her mom with a displeased look.

“What's wrong, Eun-ah?” she looked at her. Sunggyu couldn't stop guffawing.

“Quit laughing!” Jieun elbowed him in the ribs deliberately, but that made him laughed even harder. He was practically breaking the counter top by hitting so hardly due to the lack of control of his laughter.

“You, Kim Jieun, officially became a master at brewing bird poop latte,” he snickered. After hearing that statement, omma finally came into realization.

“Ugh, I'm so re-doing it,” Jieun turned and reached for another new cup.

Sunggyu was still trying really hard to keep his mouth shut from laughing.

“Control your hormones, furbrain,” Jieun kicked his shin lightly.

"Okay, okay,” he clutched his tummy and wiped tears from his eyes with another hand. “I think I lost weight by laughing this much.”

"Ugh, just go away,” she demanded, obviously irked.

“Okay, I'll stop laughing,” he squeezed her shoulders. “I'll teach you again.”

The younger turned to glance at him, taking in his warm and reassuring smile.

“Make some for us too, we'll be outside,” mom said and dragged dad along outside, giving both of them time together.

“Now, brew a cup of latte first,” Sunggyu instructed.

 

 

 

 

After wasting another 4 cups of latte, Jieun finally made the best looking one, or perhaps..at least lookable. They made 7 cups altogether, each drinking a cup (including their parents), leaving 3 behind.

“Don't waste it, drink it up,” Sunggyu nudged Jieun.

“I'm full already, why don't you drink it?”

“Because it's unappealing, like bird poop.”

“Tch. Rock-paper-scissors then.”

“You sure? I always win this you know?”

“You lost while choosing the bed, you're gonna lose again.”

“I don't think so,” he smirked.

In the end, Sunggyu had to finish all 3 cups. Jieun took pity on him and helped him drink one, easing his burden.

“Ugh, I'm about to gag,” he sighed after finishing the last cup.

“Let's take a walk outside, it'll help you digest,” she pulled him up from the couch.

 

 

 

“Yah!” Jieun screamed when a snowball hit her back. Their so called 'walk in the snow' eventually became a snowball fight, considering both of them are 4 years old at heart. They were having fun in the snow, screaming and laughing, until Jieun suddenly stopped. She scanned around the area, thinking that she saw something move within the woods, a chill went down her spine. Sunggyu was dumbfounded by her sudden reaction, concern plastered over his face.

“What's wrong?” he approached her and put and arm around her defensively, scanning the woods with his eyes too. Her attention snapped back to her brother.

“It's...nothing, I just thought...never mind,” she pushed the topic away.

“Hey, it's not okay. You look spooked, you can tell me you know,” he faced her and insisted.

Catching him off guard, she raised a hand and dropped a fistful of snow on his head.

“Tricked you,” she laughed and ran.

“Yah!” Sunggyu yelled.

Jieun knew well Sunggyu was right. It's not okay, certainly not. She just didn't want to worry him. She swore that she saw something move really fast in the woods. She was affirmative that she felt a presence in the midst of the woods, it radiated a strong and powerful energy. It wasn't just strong and powerful, but it was deeply, darkly and horrifyingly powerful...

 

 

After a satisfying dinner whipped up by their mother, the two siblings locked themselves up in their bedroom, sitting on the bed.

“Can't this weather get any better,” Sunggyu rubbed his palms together and hugged himself. He snuggled under the blankets, needing all the heat he could get. It was no doubt raining heavy snow outside, even dad's car is already covered to the brim with snow.

“It's only half past 8, any ideas to pass the night?” Jieun laid on the bed next to Sunggyu.

“There's nothing much we can do, we can basically rot here and wait for the sun to rise,” he yawned. “Unless....ghost stories?” he beamed at her with affection.

“Give me a break, you're probably aware that we're already teens,” she sighed.

Sunggyu grinned. “I know we're teens. But! We're teens with a 4 year old heart~”

Jieun rolled her eyes and flipped to a side, not facing him but facing the scenery outside. The moon was surprisingly big and bright tonight, and the woods was really really dark. If you were fill it with smoke it will totally look like some creepy and eerie cemetery, like in those horror films.

Cliche.

But to see it with her bare eyes, it was actually pretty creepy.

“Aww, come on...” Sunggyu started to poke her back with a finger. Guess somebody toggled his aegyo switch.

Jieun was suddenly reminded of the presence and energy she felt earlier this afternoon during their snowball fight. She sat up on her bed, half of her still buried under the covers.

“Have you ever believed that vampires exist?” The question unintentionally came out from .

“Vampires? Those bloodsuckers like mosquitoes but just in bigger form?” There he goes again, stupid questions tumbling out.

“Duh.”

“I don't know,” he shrugs.

“Why do you mean you don't know? If you believe, say yes. If not, say no. It's a simple question. Oh for the love of hamsters.”

“Then what about you? You believe in them?” He shot her back the question.

The younger had to put some time pondering about the question too. At first she didn't really believe that vampires exist, but after that weird and powerful energy she felt just now kind of puzzled her.

 

Could those be vampires?

There's no way right?

Isn't it just a myth or a legend?

 

“I...don't know too,” she mumbled.

“SEE! You don't know too. Mind you, I thought I heard someone say 'it's a simple question, oh for the love of hamsters' just now,” he blabbered on.

“Quit being a drama queen. You're gonna sound like a dramatic girl soon...but seriously though. When I say vampires, what comes to your mind?”

There were moments of silence, the older started to open his mouth, but closed it, putting some thought into the latter's question. Their ghost story telling eventually became an activity of mind boggling questions. He scrunched his foreheads and finally thought of what to say.

“I'd say they'll be those drop dead gorgeous creatures in human form type of vampires. You know, like in those animes such as Vampire Knight, flawless skin, powerful and epic, seductive maybe?” He looked at her with a playful glint in his eyes.

“Since when do you watch animes? I thought you weren't anywhere near interested? You'd just glue yourself to the girl group called what-4 Minute? Heck, they have 5 members but they're called 4 Minute, nice one...” she said sarcastically.

“Hey, don't insult them. And yeah, I've been watching animes recently, problem?” he scoffed.

“Yes it's a problem. In fact, it's a very serious problem,” she rasped. Sunggyu was shocked by her sudden behavior, until she burst out suddenly.

“You could have told me earlier and we would’ve watched it together!” she cried.

Sunggyu laughed. “You didn't ask.”

“I didn't know!”

“Well, then it's your loss~”

“Tch!” Annoyed by the older, the younger started throwing punches at him.

“Ah, okay. Sorry. Stop it. It hurts! Yah!”

Just like this, the night got deeper and deeper and they soon fell into slumber. Little did they know, unidentified presences hovered in the midst of the woods, watching them carefully, ready for orders from to make a move...


Authornim: Okay, chappie 3 is up (I don't count the prologue as a chap). Any readers here who like anime? Vampire Knight is one of my favourite anime show. I'm so supporting Zero Kiryuu, any Kaname fans here? yes? no? okay nevermind... ._.''

 

Anywaysssssss!!!!!!!!!!! *drum rolls~~~~~~*

BOOM! THIS ISH VAMPIRE KNIGHT! <3

 

I SO SHIP RIMA AND SHIKI OMGAWDDDDDDDDD! HOTTEST COUPLE ALIVE MAN!

 

AND AND AND!!!!!!! ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ASDFGHJKL *FAINTS*

 

I'll stop here and make my leave. Wait for meh ya'll, Inspiritxbaby will be back and updating on November!!! Wish meh luck in my exams =3=''