Unanswered Questions

Deep Dark Love

Myungsoo spent the whole night flipping through the Spell Book, looking for the spell to undo whatever Woohyun had casted on Jieun. Eventually, he found what he was looking for. Gathering the needed materials and items, he began.

Foreign substance were bubbling in a pot, different kinds of rare herbs were added bit by bit with precise sequence. Myungsoo had reviewed the spell he wanted to cast very carefully, he did not want to screw things up. The whole brewing process went well, all that's left is just the chant specifically for this spell.

Sungjong looked at his master tentatively, then asked, “Are you sure about this?”

“Yes,” he replied without haste. With his final decision made, the whole room was filled with chants coming from his lips. The mixture bubbled vigorously as the chant carried on, then it slowly came to a halt, signaling the end of the process. The once muddy-like mixture turned into a clear crystal texture like water.

Magic and spells aren't uncommon in the vampire race. Some practiced it before humans even knew about it. As time goes by, it was found out by humans. As stubborn creatures they were, they didn't know the danger to magic and spells. As a result, many of them end up with severe side effects or death. Every spell casted has its own consequences against the caster. Depending on how powerful the spell is, the consequences varies.

In a millisecond, Myungsoo felt a heavy blow to his whole body. Kneeling due to the pain, he choked and gasped for air. “Are you alright!?” Sungjong exclaimed ad rushed to his side. Myungsoo turned as pale as a sheet of paper, as if life was out of him. Unfortunately, it did. His head throbbed wildly and he knew his lifespan shorten for god knows how many years. On the bright side, he still had life in him, and the spell didn't result him in immediate death.

“I'm alright,” he managed to exhale. This isn't my first time anyway. He thought. Sungjong thought it was Myungsoo's first time attempting to cast a spell, but it wasn't, and he had no plans of telling the younger. “I'll replenish myself later.” Sungjong just nodded and helped him up.

“Looks like plain water,” Sungjong examined the finished mixture.

“That's a good thing,” Myungsoo said. “at least Jieun wouldn't be suspicious if this was handed to her.”

“How exactly are you going to do that though? She faints every time you go near.”

Myungsoo pondered awhile, then replied, “That's exactly what I plan to do.”


 


 


 


 

“You want to transfer out?” Taehyung's eyes widen in shock.

“Yeah,” Jieun nodded.

“You wanna tell me why?”

“Erm...”she paused. She can't possibly tell him that Sunggyu told her to do so, considering he's supposed to be 'dead'. “I want a fresh start I guess.”

Taehyung looked at her for a really long time. “If that's the case, I'm coming with you.”

“You really don't have to Taehyung-ah. You've helped me so much, I really don't want to burden you anymore.”

“What are you even saying, Kim Jieun!” Taehyung said, baffled. “You're a burden? I never thought of you that way. If you're transferring, I am. You can't stop me.”

Jieun stared at him, not really knowing how to respond. In the end, she gave away a soft giggle. She couldn't really express how much she was grateful for his existence. Taking a few steps forward to him, she wrapped her arms around him gently. “Thank you.”

Smiling, he wrapped her in an embrace. “That's what friends are for.”


 

“I'm home,” she called as soon as she shut the front door. “Sunggyu-oppa?”

“I'm in your room,” she heard him holler from upstairs and breathe a sigh of relieve. She was sure now that Sunggyu wasn't a dream. He's really alive, but then he isn't human.

“What are you up to?” she asked as she reached the entrance of her room and took a glance inside. He was lying on her bed with a pillow on his face. For a short moment, it reminded her when they were still kids. Sunggyu did that often-placing pillows on his face- and she would take the opportunity to hit the pillow hard. Without thinking twice, she did it.

“Yah!” Sunggyu got up to hit her back with the pillow, resulting her to burst in a fit of laughter. “Seriously, you should stop your hitting habit.”

“Then you should stop placing pillows on your face,” she laughed. “it's tempting.”

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes and scowled. Ignoring him, Jieun hit his head with the pillow again and laughed. This time, Sunggyu grabbed her by the arm and they both wrestled on the bed, giggling and laughing.

“You never grow up,” Sunggyu looked at her tenderly as he successfully pinned her down.

“You too you hamster,” she chuckled. They both locked eyes for a long time, staring at each other. Unconsciously, Sunggyu inched his head closer to hers. He wanted to kiss her. He didn't want to be her older brother anymore, he wanted to be something more than that. They both were not blood related anyway. He missed the chance of properly telling her how he felt about her before, and he really did not want this chance to slip away again. He doesn't know what the future has in store for them, and he certainly didn't know how she really felt about him.

Jieun slowly closed her eyes, not knowing what to do. His lips almost touched hers, but then he lowered his head further and buried it in her neck. For some unexplained reasons, it felt like her lips weren't supposed to be his from the start.

Maybe next time. He thought.

Little did he know, his next time was no more.


 

The next day was a Saturday. Jieun called Taehyung to tell him that he need not come over like he usually does. She and Sunggyu made breakfast in the morning. It felt like everything was slowly being like how it usually is last time, except that their parents were not around anymore.

“Have you gotten your transfer slip?” Sunggyu asked as he took a sip of latte he brewed.

“I applied for it, probably getting it on Monday,” she replied, munching on a piece of toast. “Taehyung said he would transfer too if I did.”

“I'm thankful,” Sunggyu smiled. “at least I know you're gonna be alright.”

“Same here,” she said. “I really can't thank him enough.”

“I hate them, oppa,” she said suddenly.

Taken aback, he asked. “Who?”

“The two vampires,” she answered. “we're a mess because of them.”

“I know,” he sighed. “but they aren't some random vampires that can be easily dealt with.”

“Train me,” she said.

“Wha-what?” Sunggyu asked, surprised.

“Train me, so I can at least fight.”

A small chuckle of amusement escaped his lips. “I can train you, it will make you stronger. But, humans can never be as powerful as vampires. If something were to really happen to you, you can count on me to be there.”

“Alright. I have another request.”

“What is it?”

“Could you bring me to the person who turned you into a vampire?”

Bring her to Nam Woohyun? She can't be serious. He thought.

I don't think I can grant that request,” he shook his head.

Why not?” she asked, exasperated.

He's a dangerous guy, a Pureblood to be exact, I don't want you to have anything to do with him.”

She rolled her eyes. “I am aware of that you hamster. But don't you think he would have answers for us? After all, if he decided to turn you into a vampire to keep you alive, don't you think he had a reason?” What Jieun was saying convinced him. He did have those questions in mind.

And there's this one more question that I think he or she might know,” she added.

What is it?”

Our parents.”

Sunggyu tilted his head to a side. “What about them?”

I don't think they're human.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Authornim: I am back again with a new chapter. Finally some real Jigyu moments going on after 20 chapters of drama lmao

Romance catching up for now after so much hassle ohlawd xD As usual, thank you for subscribing and supporting this story until now. Leave comments about what you think might happen next~ xoxo stay tuned~