Dreams and Reality

Deep Dark Love

“Run!” Sunggyu croaked, lying in a pool of blood, barely hanging onto his breath.

Furniture crashed into each other and shattered in the cabin. Mom's piercing scream erupted, filling the night. Jieun gasped and turned to the direction of the scream, seeing her mother lying beside the coffee table, fighting to get up. The chaos was driving Jieun insane, watching Sunggyu in a pool of blood and seeing her parents retaliating an unknown creature in the cabin, her heart was hammering in her chest.

“NO!! How can I leave you like this?!” Jieun wailed as she cradled her half-dead brother in her arms, his blood stained on her hands and seeped into her night gown.

“JIEUN! RUN!” Dad roared. “JUST GO!”

Jieun was frightened by her father's menacing roar, its was deafening, it didn't sound human. She has never seen her father in this state before, not even once. She swore that both her parents eyes were shimmering in the darkest blue ever. Even her mom growled fiercely, fangs protruding her gums.

 

Fangs...

 

Confused, shocked and terrified, her legs were numb, she couldn't even make herself stand up. The creature was moving so fast that one could not even decipher what is was. With a flash, the creature flung Jieun to a side, separating her from Sunggyu. She crashed into a wall, head on. Blood started to drip from her forehead and she winced in pain. Her mother crashed beside her, already in no state to get up. The creature then flung appa out of the cabin's window, sending him flying out to the snow.

 

“MOM! DAD!” Jieun screamed. She shook her mother who was lying beside her frantically, blood gushing from . There was not even a slight response from her mother, Jieun immediately reached to check her pulse.

 

No pulse...

 

Jieun sobbed, whimpering 'mom' again and again., shaking her mother's shoulder, not accepting the fact that she is gone. Suddenly, Sunggyu was held high up from behind, his feet were inches away from the floor. Jieun couldn't see the creature, she only saw him wearing leather boots and it's crimson eyes looking right at her black orbs as his face was hidden behind Sunggyu's shoulders.

“Run! Just go!” Sunggyu managed to yell. The creature raised and arm, holding a razor sharp dagger, aiming for Sunggyu.

“DON'T! PLEASE! DON'T!” Jieun begged on her knees, tears pouring from her eyes. Sunggyu, the one she loved most, grasped by some unknown creature, weak and fragile, helplessly awaits his death.

“Eun...ah....I...love...y...you,” Sunggyu managed to give her his final warm and soothing smile. Before he could say another word, the creature stabbed the dagger into the older's back. He let out a yelp and blood trickled from his mouth moments later.

“OPPA!” She screamed.

 

 

Jieun woke up with a start, sweat running down her face and tears streaming down her cheeks. Her heart was crashing wildly in her chest as she gasped from breath. Her scream startled Sunggyu who was sleeping beside her.

“Are you okay?” He got up immediately and looked at her, trying hard to erase the sleepiness in his eyes.

“I...” she looked back at him, frightened and relieved at the same time to see her brother still right beside her.

 

Dream.

 

Of course, it was only a dream. But this dream was so real, it really scared the out of Jieun. Instead of a dream, it felt more like a vision. She felt every ounce of pain inflicted on her body, as if it really happened. She thought she really lost her family, she thought she really lost Sunggyu.

“It's okay, it's just a dream,” he murmured and pulled her into an embrace. Jieun sobbed into his chest and clutched his shirt tightly. Sunggyu patted her head gently, calming her down.

 

“I...thought I lost all of you,” she said.

“What do you mean?” Sunggyu asked, startled.

“The dream, it was so real.....something killed dad and mom...and...you,” she stammered, still frightened.

“Idiot, you must've been watching too many ghost movies recently.”

“I didn't!” She cried, frustrated that Sunggyu didn't understand how she really felt.

“Okay, okay...” Sunggyu surrendered, not wanting to frustrate her anymore. “What exactly did you dream of?”

“V...vampires, I think.....it had red eyes, it killed all of you,” she recalled, whimpering again.

“Okay, let's stop here and go to sleep, don't think of it anymore,” he rested his chin on her head, pulling the covers till it reached her neck, giving her the sense of security. “Just go to sleep.”

So much for the 'vampire-talk' earlier.

 

Slowly, Jieun dosed off in his arms. Sunggyu looked out at the window, right at the moon outside. It was so big and round, he couldn't believe his eyes when he saw a hint of red on the moon. Gently, he slipped his arms out of Jieun, got down the bed and went to the window for a closer look. The moon was no doubt palish red in color. His 6th sense immediately hinted him that something was going to happen but he just waved it off. He walked to the door of the room and opened it. He approached his parents room, leaning an ear on the door. As expected, they were both snoring, sleeping soundly. Sunggyu had no idea why he wanted to do that, checking on his parents and stuff, he shook his head lightly and retreated to his room, slipping under the covers and hugging Jieun into his chest.

“What am I doing,” he thought to himself. He can't believe that what Jieun said affected him, thinking something happened to his parents, it was plain ridiculous.

 

Sunggyu closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but he laid there for a good hour, still awake. Something was bothering him. He didn't know what exactly, but there's this little itch in his heart that he can't seem to shake  off. He reached for his phone on the night stand and turned it on, the time read 3.05am. He sighed and looked at Jieun, sleeping peacefully beside him like a baby. He smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ears, he had always admired how beautiful she looked.

Sunggyu had to admit, he didn't just love her as a sister, but he loved her beyond that, as what they always say-'that special person'. He was always curious of what her feeling towards him was, and he certainly did thought of confessing to her one day, it doesn't matter because they are siblings that aren't sharing the same bloodline. The longer he looked at her, the more at peace he felt. Soon, he unconsciously fell asleep, totally forgetting about what that was bothering him a minute ago.

 

 

 


Author's note: Omg I'm finally back and updating. Sorry for delaying the updates cuz I was seriously busy with schoolwork. But anyway, at least I found myself some free time to do my updating~ ANDDD!!! Sunggyu's Dracula Musical.......he kissed her omfgggggg someone save meeee, I'm about to die here! And I'll try not to keep you guys waiting long for my updates, I'll try my best to do it frequently~