Temptations

Deep Dark Love

“He’s unharmed, don’t worry,” Woohyun said as he got up from his leather chair. He walked towards Jieun with slow steps, a hand reaching out to touch her. Jieun backed away in fear, her steps bringing her to a stop as her back came in contact with the door. He was so close, so very close that it scared her yet warmed her at the same time. His eyes glowed crimson red and as much as she tried to deny, it mesmerized her. It was nostalgic and ethereal, the feeling of temptation slowly pulling her in to believe every single word he said. His fingers trailed down her face and she flinched at the touch.

 

“You have no idea,” he paused as his thumb brushed over her lips. “how much I’ve missed you and how much I want you right now.”

 

She slapped his hand away in a swift motion. “Stay away from me. I won’t be tricked by you.”

 

A bitter smile etched across Woohyun’s face as he took a few steps back. “I’ll see you around then.”

 

The door opened by its own and Jieun was pushed out gently, leaving her in a mess. She was confused about the fact that Taehyung and his brothers were under Woohyun and that from her memories they went along well, but why isn’t it the same with Woohyun himself? She remembered both Myungsoo and Woohyun to be great friends, so what has sparked the rage among them against each other? And to know that Sunggyu was an orphan, how is she going to tell him? She decided that she needs to have a word with Taehyung and the rest.

 

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry noona, we really have no idea,” Jin apologized.

 

“We were devastated to hear the news of your death abruptly on a fine morning,” Yoongi commented.

 

“No one really knew what happened or the details but we do know ever since your death, Myungsoo and Woohyun had been trying to tear each other’s neck off,” Namjoon added. “It’s been a long time and we were still kids back then.”

 

Jieun sighed. “Yeah, I guess it can’t be helped. But did anyone of you know how did I die?”

 

“There’s only a few ways a vampire can die noona,” Jungkook offered to answer. “It’s blood loss and fire.”

 

“Which did I die from?”

 

“Fire.”

 

It hit her really hard in the head now. She was completely sure that the girl chained onto a chair with chains that suppressed a vampire’s power in the burning cabin was her.

 

Someone killed her. 

 

“I was a vampire back then right?” she asked.

 

“Yes, a Pureblood to be exact,” Jimin said. “You don’t remember?”

 

“I’m not even sure anymore,” she sighed and shook her head. “According to Woohyun, I am one of you guys but really, I absolutely am not showing signs of a vampire.”

 

“Something must’ve happened then during your death,” Hoseok thought.

 

“We’ll make sure to let you know if we figure out something,” Jin said.

 

Jieun nodded. “Thanks guys. Any of you know where my brother was taken to?” She looked at Taehyung specifically.

 

“I’m not sure at the moment but,” Taehyung reached out and placed his hand over Jieun’s. “I really think you should be trusting Woohyun.”

 

She couldn’t, her guts told her Woohyun was the mastermind behind everything. Who knows if Taehyung and the rest have already been tricked and confused by him. Her heart lies with Myungsoo and she would rather trust him instead.

 

“I’m not going to leave until I see my bro-” her statement broke off suddenly when she saw Hoya appearing right before her with Sunggyu over his shoulders. “What the hell happened to him?”

 

“He’s just unconscious,” Hoya replied nonchalantly. “I’ll be escorting you back to your house.”

 

 

 

Hoya left right after he placed Sunggyu on the bed. Jieun wasn’t sure what to do because she didn’t know what happened to him. Somehow Sunggyu regained some of his consciousness as Jieun heard him speak.

 

“It…hurts,” he croaked out, his voice raw and dry.

 

“I’ll go get you some water,” she said and hurriedly got up. Sunggyu managed to grab her arm before she could leave. She gasped as she saw a brief moment of his eyes changing into a shade of purple. He used a lot of his healing abilities since Woohyun knocked him out like a light. He needed to replenish himself.

 

“N…no,” he croaked again as his fangs protruded, “Not…water….” He pulled her close and she could feel his hot breath on her neck, his lips brushing over her delicate skin. He tried hard to fight the temptation of sinking his fangs into her, not wanting to hurt her.

 

Jieun had her heart racing in her chest, she was scared but she didn’t have a choice; she didn’t want to see Sunggyu suffer. “It’s okay,” she whispered. “Bite me.”

 

Without sparing another second, Sunggyu sank his fangs right into her neck. She felt a terrible sharp prick in her neck, but soon felt numbness and a surge of ecstasy overwhelming her. It was a vampire’s ability to make their victim indulge in a state of elated bliss when they drank from them, so their victim’s wouldn’t struggle nor feel much pain. But if the vampire does not know how to control himself and set his limit, his victim could die from blood loss. Fortunate enough, Sunggyu pulled away after thirty seconds.

 

“Get away from me,” he rasped and looked at her with an intense glare.

 

Putting pressure on her bleeding neck with her hand, Jieun looked at him with hurt in her eyes.

 

“I-“

 

“JUST GO!” he shouted. “Before I do something I’ll regret. Just get out for now, I’ll be okay.”

 

Tears welled up in her eyes as she spared him one last glance before running out of the house and into the dark streets.

 

“I’m sorry,” she said as she bumped into a guy, sobbing as she tried to cover her bloodied neck.

“It’s okay,” the guy who apparently turned out to be Myungsoo held her in an embrace. “I’ll fix you up.” He said and carried her up, disappearing into thin air.

 

Myungsoo brought her back into his room and moved her hand away from her neck. Blood still trickled out from her fresh wound and she gasped in fear.

 

“It’s gonna be alright,” he said in a hushed voice. He leaned in and gently kissed her neck and the wound sealed immediately. As much as he wanted to drink from her, he had to hold back. “You can take a warm bath to calm yourself down.” Shivering as the surge of bliss left her, she only held onto Myungsoo tightly, shaking her head slowly.

 

“Okay, I’ll help you get cleaned up then,” he said gently and snapped his fingers. Sungyeol appeared.

 

“You called for me-“ Sungyeol gasped as he saw Jieun.

 

“No questions please. Get me some warm water and a towel,” Myungsoo said. Sungyeol nodded and did as told. Then, he left.

 

It didn’t take long till the wooden pail of water to turn from clear to red as he finished cleaning her up. He laid her down on his bed and her head softly till she fell asleep from the fatigue. Even though he did not show it, but deep down inside, he wanted to tear Sunggyu apart for touching what belonged to him. He really regretted leaving Sunggyu alive that very day…

 

 

 

 


Authornim: After so long, im back again with another half-assed chap. Im sorry guys for disappointing yall after such long wait. Always busy with life, probs gonna be worse once I get into college sigh. Anyhows, thanks to each and everyone of you who are still reading this fic. Updates are gonna take a long time but im determined to finish this fic. Here's a special poster of V, do let me know what you think of it! xoxo