Determination

Deep Dark Love

Time seemed to stop as her eyes met his. Her hair stood on ends and a prickly sensation crawled under her fingers. Then the next moment, everything turned back to normal. The heavy atmosphere disappeared and the chatters in class became audible to her again. The guy -no- vampire who just walked in had his lips curled into a small smile, then settled at the seat at the corner opposite from her. Just when she thought everything's going to fine, another guy walked in. Immediately, she knew it was another vampire. She wasn't sure how, but she just knew it. This particular vampire didn't seem to make her uneasy but still he gave off a powerful impression. He walked towards the first vampire who walked in and sat beside him. Jieun swore his eyes flashed a sudden purple as he took a quick glimpse at her.

Like a book slapping Jieun right in the face, images and voices poured in once again. It was distorted and disoriented, sounds overlapping each other, images coming in as fragments. She saw them, both the vampires that walked in not too long ago. They were talking, laughing, as if they knew each other as brothers. She heard the purple-eyed vampire call him...Myungsoo.

Kim Myungsoo... That is his name.

“Okay, class,” a teacher said in front of the class and jolted Jieun back to reality. She had no idea when this teacher came in for she was too engrossed in her own mind. She took one fast glance at Myungsoo and flinched as he was staring at her too.

“I will be your homeroom teacher for this year and you can call me Mr. Kang. To start off, why don't we have a quick introduction of yourself. Starting from-” Mr. Kang scanned around the classroom and his eyes settled on Myungsoo. “-the handsome fellow at the back corner.” For some reason, Jieun became nervous again. Could this guy really be the Myungsoo that flashed in her head? She hoped he wasn't.

Myungsoo stood up and parted his lips. “My name is Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo.”

Jieun jerked at his voice and her books fell from the desk. Everyone's gaze focused on her as she hurriedly picked up her books. It's him, there's no doubt about it.

“That's all?” Mr. Kang folded his arms across his chest and tilted his head to a side. Myungsoo gave a brief nod and sat down. “If that's the case...next person please.”

The vampire next to Myungsoo stood up and stated his name-Lee Sungjong. And somehow, Jieun thought this name rang a bell too. It was as if she knew them, but she doesn't know when or how.

It was at that precise moment, she felt her head being pounded by a hammer. The pain was so fast and sudden, rendering her to grunt in pain. She clutched her head and let out a yelp. The sensation made her feel like puking and her eyes watered at the immense pain. Students began to clamor around her, asking if she was okay. But all she could hear were noises in her head instead of concerns and it annoyed her more. Mr. Kang came over as well to check out the commotion and had no idea what to do. All he did was instruct the students to give her space and air.

“I'll bring her to the infirmary,” she heard an indistinct voice say. Moments later, she felt herself being carried up. Semi-darkness and stars flashed in her eyes. Black... white... blurry... The patterns keep repeating and repeating. Then, there was nothing.


 


 


 


 

Sounds of a punching bag being jabbed and smashed furiously echoed through the training arena. Beads of sweat trickled down Sunggyu's face as he gave one last blow to the bag, resulting it to fly across the arena and slam against the wall. He huffed and examined his cracked knuckles that were healing rapidly, replacing bleeding scabs with brand new skin.

Without any rest interval, he picked up another punching bag and hung it at the hook provided. He hurled a fist at the bag, only to be stopped by some invisible force, as if someone or something was holding him back.

“You can stop now,” a voice said. Sunggyu recognized it instantly that it was Woohyun. How in the world could Woohyun appear all of a sudden without him knowing his presence? The latter was amused.

“You've been at it for sometime, 10 punching bags destroyed in an hour is pretty impressive for a human-turned-Superior,” Woohyun acknowledged as he approached Sunggyu. He then snapped his fingers and the invisible force no longer held Sunggyu's hand from punching.

“How...did you do that?” Sunggyu asked, baffled.

“It's an ability only a Pureblood has, Superiors don't have them,” Woohyun smirked.

“What does a Superior have then?” Sunggyu asked, hiding his disappointment as he started punching the bag again.

“What do you think?”

There was no reply from Sunggyu as he continued punching the bag. With a huff, Woohyun gave the bag a massive strike and it flew all the way to the wall, stuck into it. Concrete cracked and fell to the ground. Sunggyu turned to look at him with an unexplainable awe.

“A few things you should know when you speak to a Pureblood,” Woohyun emphasized. “One, respect. Two, answer. Three, never ever repeat these mistakes of yours.” The tone in his voice freaked Sunggyu out; he was scared now. “Know your place.”

Sunggyu looked into his red-gleaming eyes, knowing he should take this seriously. Woohyun really isn't the nicest vampire around and Sunggyu had a feeling that he could be way worse than the two brats- Jimin and Jungkook- on a whole new level, and that he should stop messing around from now on.

“I...apologize for my behavior,” Sunggyu said, surprised that such humility would come from him.

Woohyun gave a smirk. “That's more like it, now answer my question.”

Sunggyu paused to think and was reminded of how Hoya has levitated water. “Levitation?”

Woohyun nodded. “Go on.”

“I...don't know.”

“Remember how Hoya vanished and return in the speed of light that time?” He asked.

“Yes,” the latter answered, remembering when Woohyun told Hoya to retrieve water for himself when he didn't know that what he needed was blood.

“All Superiors can do that,” Woohyun said. “Its called accelerated speed. Other abilities depend on how much vampire blood you have in you. The more the merrier; age slower, heal faster, punch stronger and more supernatural abilities.”

“What about Purebloods?” Sunggyu asked.

“You should find that out yourself,” Woohyun said and started to head towards the exit.

“Wait!” Sunggyu called. Woohyun stopped and turned his head slightly, waiting for him to speak.

“When can I find Jieun?”

A small smile curled at Woohyun's lips. “Defeat Hoya.”

Without sparing another chance, Woohyun disappeared without leaving a trace, just like how he did as he appeared.

Defeat Hoya.

The words echoed through Sunggyu's head. Hoya is certainly a strong opponent. He was born a Superior, obviously way more powerful than a human-e. It won't be easy to take him down. After all, he wasn't appointed as Woohyun's servant for nothing.

If Sunggyu really wishes to see Jieun again, he has to take Hoya down, even if it means his life. For now, he has to learn and train whatever ability a Superior has. Just as he hooked up another bag, he felt a presence fading into thin air. Someone was here in just mere seconds, but he couldn't figure out who.

 

 

“Bring it on, Superior. Let's see who goes down first.”

 


Authornim: *cries a sea of tears* 106 subbies oh gosh thank youuuu so much I love you all. Just finished my first term exam today and I was rushing home to get this up ASAP. Sorry for the long wait, sweet sixteen just isnt sweet sixteen with a crap load of klunk to finish up. xD Probably gonna take awhile for this to be updated again. Oh well, blame school life.