Reunited

Deep Dark Love

Sunggyu felt the same gnawing pain at his throat when he first became a vampire. It was blood he was thirsting for. Right in front of him was pure darkness, until he opened his eyes. His insides were screaming for blood, but he did not want to admit it yet. He still had a human's conscience.

“Drink.” The voice echoed through Sunggyu's ears, it was the voice Sunggyu grew accustomed to-Woohyun's. The said one had his own hand placed right in front of Sunggyu's lips. “You used your abilities too much, drink to replenish yourself.”

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Woohyun and flinched. Odd to himself, Woohyun wasn't wearing his usual mean demeanor for the time being as how he had normally expected him to. Pushing himself up from the bed, Sunggyu parted his lips and sank his fangs into Woohyun's flesh, feeling the fresh and warm blood soothing the back of his throat. He stopped once he had enough. Memories of the night he successfully smashed Hoya down flooded into his head.

“I won, didn't I?” Sunggyu wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeves, staining them crimson red.

“In fact, you did,” Woohyun rested in a comfortable position on the chair he was sitting.

“Then why'd you say its a tie between me and Hoya?”

“You wouldn't understand even if I were to explain,” Woohyun said casually.

“So, I'm free now?”

“It depends on how you want to take it. You can see Jieun by all means, but I definitely do not know how she'll respond to you being alive out of a sudden. You gotta figure that out yourself,” Woohyun said.

“I have a question,” Sunggyu swallowed. “Do you know who was it who murdered my parents?”

“Why? You want revenge?”

“Yes. I'm going to hunt them down myself,” Sunggyu gritted his teeth.

“Forget it boy, you're no match for them,” Woohyun chuckled in amusement.

You know,” Sunggyu emphasized. “tell me!”

“They are out of your league, you'll know soon enough though,” he answered and reached into one of the pockets of his coat. “This did a real good job motivating you yesterday night.”

The picture of him and Jieun flashed right before his eyes and Sunggyu took it without hesitation. “Just what are you up to?”

Woohyun only returned him with a smirk. “To see how desperate your kind can be.”

With that, Woohyun vanished in the blink of an eye.


 


 


 


 

“I'm sorry Master,” Hoya knelt down, his head bent to the ground. “for failing you.”

Woohyun drummed his slender fingers on the desk repetitively, not uttering a single word.

“Thank you also, for showing me kindness and mercy. And saving me from embarrassment by announcing the battle as a tie,” Hoya continued. “I will accept my punishment for failing you. Please tell me.”

The drumming of his fingers stopped. “Do you really wish for a punishment?”

“Yes,” Hoya answered with no hesitation. “to atone for my carelessness and mistake.”

Woohyun walked towards Hoya and placed a hand on his head. “Your punishment is to hunt Beasts for a month as a Superior.”

“Yes Master,” Hoya nodded and suddenly felt a strong wave hitting him in the face as he was expecting a greater punishment than this. “Wait, what?! That is it?” Hunting Beasts was nothing more than a basic chore for all Vampires with ranks, how could it ever be a punishment?

“You asked for a punishment, and I gave you one,” Woohyun tilted his head to a side. “So get on with it.”

“Un-understood,” Hoya stammered. Woohyun smiled-a really brief smile-and patted his head before leaving.

For once, it all felt nostalgic to Hoya.

It felt like Woohyun was the precious brother he lost- Dongwoo.


 


 


 


 

Sunggyu thought his mind was about to explode. Yes he's enthusiastic about seeing Jieun again. But, what does he tell her then? Tell her he became a vampire? How could she accept that? But it's the truth, what's the point of hiding? Pacing back and forth in his room, nothing could come to his mind. He decided to just go and see her. It was final.

It was a little after dark when Sunggyu reached his house. The house that he, Jieun and his parents lived in. He his behind a large tree as he saw someone exiting the house. He recognized the person immediately. It was Taehyung. Somehow he felt relived that Jieun didn't had to go through all the pain alone, and he thanked Taehyung for being there for her at the bottom of his heart. He wanted to rush out and thank him but he knew well it would result chaos. It was best to stay low for awhile. After waiting for Taehyung to drive out of the car porch and away from the house, Sunggyu heaved a big breath, and walked to their house.

Jieun was about to clean her laundries when she heard the doorbell.

Did Taehyung leave something behind? She thought. Placing down the laundry basket, she approached the door.

“Did you forget something Tae-” she froze mid-sentence when the door was fully opened. She couldn't believe her eyes. There Sunggyu was, standing right in front of her. The Sunggyu whom they announced missing just two months ago. “S-sunggyu...oppa?”

“Yes, Eun-ah. It's oppa,” Sunggyu smiled. Without knowing, tears welled up at both of their eyes and they both crashed into a tight embrace.

“H-how are you alive?” Jieun squeaked in his embrace.

“Let's go inside, I'll explain.”


 


 

Jieun wasn't sure how long it took Sunggyu explaining. All she knew is that it left her in a complete daze.

“Y-you're a vampire?” Jieun choked.

Sunggyu just nodded and Changed, flashing his fangs and purple eyes as gentle as he could. Jieun staggered a few steps back, breathing heavily. “G-get away from me. You're not my brother. You're a liar!”

“Jieun, please,” Sunggyu begged as he saw the horror on her delicate face. “It really is me.”

“N-no, my brother is dead. You can't deceive me you devil, get out of my house!” Jieun almost screamed. “Stop doing this to me!”

“Please!” Sunggyu pleaded and held out the picture of them. “It really is me! You have to believe me!”

“P-prove it!” Jieun retorted. “Prove to me if you're really my brother!”

“Okay, I will.” Sunggyu nodded. “Remember when you first entered this house? You were so quiet so I decided to give you a surprise attack. You smacked a fist at my face when I scared you. And we went to the beach when you were 10 years old, I accidentally destroyed the sandcastle you made and you pinched me so hard it bled. And I also bought you the headphone when you were 15 years old on your birthday.”


 

What Sunggyu was saying were all real. Jieun remembered each and every one of them. A strange feeling overwhelmed her, causing all her bottled up emotions to be released as she broke down in both pain and relief.

“I'm so sorry, Sunggyu oppa,” she sobbed. “I'm sorry for doubting you. I just don't know what to believe in anymore.”

“It's alright,” Sunggyu hushed as he folded her into his chest and patted her back. “Oppa's got you. It's okay now. I'm sorry it took so long. It's alright.”


 


 


 

“Myungsoo hyung!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “Sunggyu visited Jieun!”

The news was like a slap across the face to Myungsoo.

“Oh no,” Sungjong shook his head and turned to Myungsoo. “What will you do, hyung?”

“I won't let that bastard Woohyun have her, neither is that mortal Sunggyu. They will not have her, not over my dead body!”

“But somehow Woohyun is obstructing her to remember you, hyung. And whenever you try to go near her, she suffers in pain,” Sungjong said.

“Then we'll have no choice,” Myungsoo gritted his teeth. “Fetch me the Spell Book.”

“What?! Are you out of your mind hyung? Are you not aware of the consequences of vampires using spells?”

“Then what do you suggest I do?” Myungsoo slammed his fist on the desk, leaving an immense crack. “Are you asking me to see my beloved be in the hands of another man for god knows what he's up to? I don't care about what happens to me, as long as she remembers me and come to my side!”

With a sigh, Sungjong nodded. “Alright, as you wish.”


 


 


 

“You asked for me, Master Woohyun? Is everything alright?” V politely addressed to Woohyun.

“Ah, V. Your duty for now is relived, you may rejoin BTS and carry out Beast hunting activities,” Woohyun said.

“Understood,” V nodded and left the room.

 

 

 


Authornim: I'm back again after some time. Again, thank you to those who are always waiting for updates patiently. And yes it's starting to be quite confusing so do leave comments about your thoughts so far! This story really racked my brain for good as I had to think a lot about the plot haha. I won't spoil anything for now so stay tuned to further updates! Thank you all so much! xoxo Happy New Year too!!!