The Beast Within

Deep Dark Love

Jieun's eyelid fluttered open. It was dark, but the surrounding was familiar to her-her room. A hand was placed on hers, squeezing slightly. She saw Taehyung's dark brown hair, all thanks to the moonlight that shone dimly in her room from the outside. He was asleep. Jieun tried to get up without waking him, but failed miserably.

“Jieun? You up?” he yawned and kept his hand back.

“Yeah, what happened? How long was I out?” she asked, rubbing her neck.

“The whole day. You passed out during the first period, I only knew during lunch-break. Someone sent you to the infirmary but you wouldn't wake up. The important thing is, are you okay?”

“I...guess,” she said. “You had any idea who sent me in?”

“No,” Taehyung shook his head. “You must be hungry, I'll go make you something to eat.”

“I'm fine,” Jieun grabbed his arm as he was about to leave for the kitchen. “Just...” she hesitated.

“Yeah?”

“Nothing....”

“Hey...” Taehyung sat on the bed beside her. “You can tell me you know. I'm here for you.”

“I know,” she forced a smile. She doesn't like hiding things from Taehyung, because she trusted him and he was her best friend. But sometimes, telling the truth had a limit. There's always something that people keep it to themselves, no matter how much they trust another person, it just couldn't be disclosed. Especially after her parents and Sunggyu's death, everything was still disoriented to her. Encountering Myungsoo and Sungjong only make things seem even messed up. Moreover, the Law of Vampire and the article by the deceased professor is scaring her every time she thought of it. The most horrifying thing she experienced was being able to decipher weird and ancient language from the Law of Vampires and to sense ridiculously powerful auras. Last but not least, the pain and fragment of images crashing into her mind without prior notice.

She looked at Taehyung and realized that she was lucky to have him around, after everything that has happened.

“Thank you,” she said. Taehyung looked at her with a small smile.

“Anytime. I'm always there, just count on me.” Hearing those words, Jieun wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly.


 


 

“That assh-” Myungsoo tried to curse but was cut off by Sungjong.

“Mind your words dear master, I know how you feel but please, profanities aren't nice,” Sungjong said. The two said ones were sitting on a roof, supposedly keeping an eye on Jieun to see how was she doing. But then, she just had to hug Taehyung and leave Myungsoo in a complete distress. His anger was literally going to shatter glasses and dismantle bricks, luckily Sungjong was there to hold him back.

“I swear I wanna break that neck of his,” Myungsoo gritted his teeth. “But wait, isn't he one of the members from...BTS?”

“Bingo,” Sungjong nodded while looking at Taehyung's biography on a piece of paper. “It says his name is V here and...that's basically it. Woohyun knows what we're up to, especially you hyung.”

“Then I'm just gonna go smash that little .”

“Don't forget that your not supposed to kill any vampire without reason. Against the Law, you'll be banished and probably become a bounty by others. We'll just have to get close to her slowly.”

“But...” Myungsoo sighed. “I know she's remembering something, it's just that I don't understand when I try to get close to her, she starts hurting so badly. Something is holding us back, its preventing her to remember.”

“True,” Sungjong acknowledged. “I'd say we should think thoroughly of what we're dealing with. If your existence can hurt her, who knows what your actions would do to her.”

“If she could detect what we are, why can't he detect that little punk's aura? Isn't he a vampire too?” Myungsoo asks.

Sungjong looked at him, “That's...a good question. Let's head back, there's nothing we can do for now.”

Myungsoo gave another disapproving look to Taehyung and vanished into thin air.


 


 


 


 

Sunggyu stared at the photo of him and Jieun, sighing.

“Look at you,” Hoya mocked. Sunggyu flinched and glared at him.

“Get out of my room,” he snarled.

“Please,” Hoya scoffed softly. “I don't take orders from insignificant people like you.” In a flash, Sunggyu was already up and gripping Hoya's shirt, but it only took Hoya a slight push to throw Sunggyu against the floor.

“Don't come at me when you don't even have the power to. Master Woohyun didn't appoint me for nothing, and you think I'm gonna surrender to you just because of your little sister? Hell no,” he spat. “Don't even dream of defeating me, because you can't, and there's is no damn way you will. The match is scheduled in 3 days just so you know, surrender by then if you don't want me to snap you into pieces.” With that, he left like a breeze.

Sunggyu gritted his teeth as his eyes flashed a quick purple. He had to take him down, he needs to. He is desperate to get Jieun back into his arms, and is way more delighted if he could strip Hoya away from his pride. That was the moment when his mind clicked-Hoya's pride. Pride is Hoya's only confidence, and it also means that it was his biggest weakness. If Sunggyu tears it down, Hoya would be nothing but trash. Strategies starting developing in his brain, he had to find a way to beat him. But first, he needs to find out his own special abilities, and that is by visiting the training arena again.


 


 


 

“What are you up to now, Superior?”

Sunggyu stopped whatever he was doing. He knew it was them-BTS. Back for more trouble.

“Get lost before you regret,” Sunggyu warned.

“We admit you can defeat me and Jungkook. But what if you're up to everyone of us?” Jimin smirked.

“Six of you shouldn't be much of a problem too,” Sunggyu cracked his kunckles.

“Supposed to be seven, one of us ain't here,” J-Hope said.

“That wasn't necessary you dope,” Suga elbowed him.

“Just get out of here you circus freaks.” And Sunggyu's statement have officially nicked their nerves.

“You asked for it,” Jungkook shook his head and sped at Sunggyu, smashing him in the face. Sunggyu staggered a few steps back, but was hit again in the face by Jimin this time. A blow landed at his ribcage from the side by Suga, and another to the chest by J-Hope.

Sunggyu gasped for air. He was knocked down every time he managed to get up on his feet. Rap Monster grabbed him by the throat and connected his fist to Sunggyu's jaw.

“That's for hurting my members.”

Jin gave Sunggyu an uppercut. “That's for nearly killing them.”

Jimin and Jungkook both gave Sunggyu a hard kick in the chest, sending him flying across the arena. “That's for mocking us.”

Sunggyu sat against the wall, blood dripping from his lips. He felt pain everywhere, and he was sure that he broke a few ribs. His healing abilities went to work, but it could take some time. If the punches don't stop, he will really die. He closed his eyes and Jieun flashed in his eyes. She was smiling, and he longed for her. He knew she needed him, and he has to get up and fight, for her.

“That will teach you a lesson,” Jimin spat.

Sunggyu got up to his feet with his eyes still closed. He let out a calm exhale and something clicked in his body-he triggered his special ability. Punching bags on the floor floated from the ground and was flung towards the six Commons. It was fast, and they couldn't dodge it. With both arms raised at them, he slowly curled his fingers. That was when the six of them started screaming, clutching their head with both hands in pain. Sunggyu wasn't sure what he was doing, but he found it fun watching them suffer in pain with him crushing their head. A conscience in him stopped him before he kills anyone of them. He was fascinated by his power, dumbstruck with awe.

“Now you know who not to mess with,” Sunggyu smirked back at them and left the arena. The six of them still laid down on the ground, suffering from the after effect.

Sunggyu smiled to himself. He was ready to take down Hoya. He can't wait to break him and his pride, leaving him in a pile of trash. A smile curled on his lips, and he knew the devil in him has awaken.

 

 


Authornim: *throws books away and updates fic* I'm finally back! Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long xD 2 damn weeks of exam ohgawd I made it through. Biology, Chemistry, Physics....ah screw them all. Finally got a 2 week break~ Hope you guys enjoy this chap. Comments make me happy!