Doubts

Deep Dark Love

Sunggyu stirred from his sleep. His throat was burning, prickling in the most painful way no one could ever think of. It felt like thousands, no, millions of sharp sizzling hot knives clawing at his throat, it hurt so badly that it made his eyes water; he was thirsty.

“Wat...er,” he croaked as consciousness started to regain in him. He tried to move, finding both of his hands chained against a concrete wall, knees kneeling onto the ground. He lifted up his head with great effort, only to find vertical metal bars lined neatly in front of him. He was...in a prison cell. It was dimly yellowish, considering that only a few candles were lighted outside his cell. Moving his hands, the chain rattled loudly. He turned to look at the chains, it was odd, it didn't look like typical chains as it had something engraved on it.

Footsteps began to approach. It was at least an 8 meter distance but Sunggyu heard it clearly, it surprised himself as well.

“He's awake?” A hushed voice spoke.

“Yes, my Lord.” Another voice answered.

One of the guards? Sunggyu thought. The footsteps were audible again. Within seconds, a man stood in front of Sunggyu. He was dressed very formally in a tuxedo, bangs combed slickly to the back, bearing an expression filled with pride. Another man soon appeared beside him. He was slightly taller than the first man, a tad bit muscular, and a defined jawline that girls could die for.

“Thirsty?” The proud man questioned. “You should be anyway.”

“W...ater,” Sunggyu choked again. Water. That's all he needs right now. He just wants to get rid the torturous pain in his throat.

“Water it is. Hoya,” he called for the man beside him. “Get him a bowl of water.”

“Understood.” Hoya briefly replied and disappeared. Sunggyu was shocked. He blinked several times, not believing that Hoya just vanished in the blink of an eye.

“While my servant gets you water, let me make myself known. I am Nam Woohyun, prince of the Nam clan,” he stated with pride. Before he could proceed further, Hoya was back with a bowl of water.

“Serve it to him.”

Hoya gave a nod and did as told. Placing the bowl against Sunggyu's lips, he drank it all in a few gulps, not leaving a drop behind. But the problem is, the pain in his throat never ceased.

Woohyun smiled smugly. “It still hurts, doesn't it? For your information, Kim Sunggyu, you are not a human. As a matter of fact, you, my dear boy, are a vampire.”

“W...hat are you talking...about?” It hurts so much uttering every word and his hands can't help but tug at the chains he was bound in.

“And instead of water, you will be needing-” Woohyun pressed a nail onto his wrist hardly, allowing fresh blood to ooze out as his eyes flashed a crimson red. “-this.”

At the scent of blood, Sunggyu felt aggressive all of a sudden. He lunged at Woohyun viciously, only to be stunned by a powerful energy that channeled from the chains, causing him to howl in pain. The scent of blood was overwhelming, it literally fried Sunggyu's sanity and rationality. He couldn't believe himself. He is lusting for blood, and he desires it so badly.

“Easy there, these chains can kill you if you keep that attitude up,” Woohyun chuckled softly. “I'll give this to you, don't worry.” He waved his bleeding hand, making Sunggyu snarl. Sunggyu felt pain enveloping his gums, something was jutting out, and that something...were fangs.

“Aggressive little boy,” Woohyun cooed.

“What do you want from me?! Let me go!” Sunggyu yelled, despite the burning pain in his throat. “I'm not a vampire! Stop this bull!”

Woohyun chuckled again. “So you're telling me you refuse blood? And let you go? Where would you go? Ah, to find your princess Jieun perhaps?”

Jieun. The name triggered his insanity again. Sunggyu clenched his jaw, “Where is she?! Where is JIEUN?!” Memories came rushing into his mind. He remembered yelling for Jieun to run, he remembered the pain plunging into his back, he remembered darkness. But why isn't his back hurting anymore? And Jieun, his precious fragile jewel, what has happened to her? How is she? Where is she? Is she still alive? Did she escape? Sunggyu's blood boiled, he wanted to kill the creature who sentenced his family to death.

Woohyun seemed to have read his mind. “Your back's healed. You healed it yourself, there wasn't a need fom our assistance. Don't worry, you will find Jieun. You will have her. But first things first,” Woohyun knelt on a knee in front of him and raised his bleeding arm, “-bite.”

The blood made Sunggyu go wild again, but he did everything in his will to suppress it and look away. “No. I'm not drinking this.”

“Bite when you're given the chance,” Hoya shot Sunggyu a demonic glare behind Woohyun. “Not everyone gets to drink Master Woohyun's blood.”

“Don't fight it, I know you want it,” Woohyun's voice was undeniably tempting. Sunggyu looked into his eye that was as red as blood. Giving up, he parted his lips and sank his fangs into Woohyun's bare hand, devouring blood in swigs, enjoying the soothing feel in his throat.

“Good boy,” Woohyun smirked.

 

 

***

 

 

Stumbling on her steps, Jieun continued dashing forward. Strangers that she bumped into gave her infuriated glares. Some of them even cussed under their breath but she couldn't care less, she just wanted to stay away from him, from the guy back at the CD shop. Darting from block to block, she reached a nearby park covered in snow and caught her breath, inhaling large gulps of air, sitting on a bench provided. She turned her head to look if she was being followed and heaved a sigh of relieve when she didn't see anyone approaching.

That face of his, it was familiar, it was somewhere hidden in her memories, she just couldn't remember. Tugging her scarf up to her nose, she decided to rest awhile.


 

 

 


 

Master Myungsoo!” A guy entered the CD shop and called, holding bagful of pastry he has bought across the shop. A few people in the shop looked at him with a frown, it was weird to call someone master since it's the 21st century already.

I saw her running out the shop,” he paused. “She seemed...terrified.”

I know, Sungjong-ah,” Myungsoo murmured as he placed the fallen albums back in place. “And I told you to stick to 'hyung', it's awkward calling me master.”

My apologies. I'm just used to it,” Sungjong smiled and offered him a croissant. “Have some.” He lifted it to Myungsoo's lips. Myungsoo smiled back and took a bite.

What should we do?” Sungjong bit on a pretzel and browsed through VIXX's albums. Myungsoo did not respond, Sungjong glanced at him anxiously.

We'll...just take it slow. Approach her carefully. Help her remember,” he answered and randomly took out an album.

What if...” Sungjong's voice trailed off.

What?”

If she doesn't remember?” His gaze fell upon Myungsoo, taking in his stoic expression. There was a long pause before Myungsoo finally replied.

She will,” he tugged his scarf up to his nose.

She has to...” he mumbled.


Authornim: Yeheyyy and I'm back once again. Yes I'm making this messier -=- but do enjoy it though~ Holidays have started for meh and yeah! PARTAYYYYYY! Keep me motivated to write peeps (Hints: Dropping comments and upvoting) Thank you to new subbies~~~~ <3 Love you lotssss with extra cheese on top(if you get it owh nevermind owo)