Reincarnation

Deep Dark Love

Jieun stared blankly at the cup of hot chocolate in her hands that Sunggyu made earlier, her thumb unconsciously rubbing at the handle.

“I can't believe this is all real,” she sighed. “What do they want with us, oppa?”

“I really don't know right now,” Sunggyu replied. “I don't think this is the end yet.”

“What will you do? What if the police find out about you? How will you answer their questions?”

“I'm dead, Eun-ah. I'm not human Sunggyu anymore, I'm a vampire. I don't plan to be found out by anyone,” Sunggyu could only force a smile.

“Then where will you go?”

Sunggyu approached Jieun and sat right beside her. “I'll be here, I'm not going anywhere. I'll protect you, no matter what. Say, Taehyung has been there for you when all these happened right? It would be really nice if I could thank him.”

“Yes, he did, and I'm really glad,” Jieun nodded. “A lot has happened when you were announced missing.”

“Will you tell me about it?”

“I went back to the cabin with Taehyung and I found a book. I don't know if something's wrong with me or what, but it was covered with many weird symbols. What scares me the most is that I'm able to read it. I don't know how.”

“Do you have it with you? Show me,” Sunggyu told her. Jieun ran upstairs to her room and retrieved the said book. Sunggyu's eyes widen in horror as he saw the title printed on the book-The Law of Vampires, an exact version like the one Woohyun gave him.

“W-what, no, h-how...”his voice trailed off as he took the book.

“What's wrong?” Jieun questioned anxiously. “Have you seen this book before too?”

“Yes, but humans aren't able to understand it, unless,” Sunggyu gulped and looked at Jieun. “you're a vampire.”

“W-what?” Jieun gasped. Nothing was making sense to her. She doesn't have fangs, she doesn't crave blood, so how is she a vampire even though she could understand that book.

“Alright,” Sunggyu cleared his throat and flipped to the page regarding vampire's abilities. “Read this page for me and tell me what you understand.”

Jieun took over the book and scanned the page. Like how it was to her, the symbols changed to words she could understand. “It says about a vampire's abilities. Vampires are able to heal themselves and also possess strength greater than humans....”

Sunggyu scanned Jieun as she was reading. There were no signs of eye-color changes and it was all odd to him. “Open your mouth, Eun-ah.”

“Huh, what?” Jieun looked at him in surprise.

“I just need to check something.”

Jieun did as told, and Sunggyu saw no signs of vampire fangs. He then bit onto his own arm and blood oozed out from it.

“Oh my god, what are you doing?” Jieun exclaimed.

“Just checking, don't worry,” Sunggyu said. Jieun's eyes widen in astonishment as she saw the wound on his hand sealing back together and the bleeding stopped. “Does Taehyung know about this book?”

“No,” she shook her head. “I didn't tell him anything.”

“Alright,” he exhaled and pinched his nose bridge.

“Am I a vampire?” she asked.

“I don't think so,” Sunggyu disagreed. “You don't show any signs even though you are able to read that book. It might be a special ability of yours. What else have you encountered?”

Jieun thought for awhile, and the two vampires came to her mind. “Two vampires.” She said. “At first I wasn't sure, but they seem to radiate a very strong aura. And now I know that the whole vampire thing is true, I'm absolutely positive they are vampires as well. But then again, why didn't you radiate a strong aura as well? Considering you became one.”

“Vampires can choose to make their true presence known to someone if they wanted to, I didn't want to scare you so I suppressed mine.”

“So, you're saying they want to make themselves known towards me?”

“I can't be sure, but yes maybe. Did they approach you?”

“I think they tried, but,” she paused. Sunggyu urged her to carry on. “I pass out every time they try to come near, especially the red-eye one.”

Pureblood...Sunggyu thought. It did not sound pleasant to him at all.

And I'm having all these weird scenes that just crash into my head without notice as if everything is real and I'm there,” she continued.

What eye color did the other one have?” Sunggyu asked.

Purple, like yours when you Changed earlier and told me you became a vampire,” she said. There was a moment of silence as thoughts were swimming in Sunggyu's head. A Pureblood and a Superior, what could it mean?

I hate to say this but,” Jieun broke the silence. “I think it was them.”

What do you mean?”

I think it was them, who killed our parents. Their auras are very similar.”

Sunggyu breathed sharply hearing that statement. “Do you have their names?”

Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong, they happen to be in the same class as me,” Jieun said.

How long has it been? Since they made their appearance?”

Around two weeks I think.”

Okay, I need you to get a transfer permit, stay away from them from the time being while I figure things out.”

Y-you're leaving?” Jieun stuttered.

No, not now,” Sunggyu said and pulled Jieun into an embrace. “I'm just so happy to see you again and I can't bring myself to walk away for now.”

Jieun's fingers dug into his coat as she pressed herself into him. “Me too, sleep beside me tonight.”

I will,” Sunggyu smiled as he pressed a kiss onto her forehead. “Every night.”


 

Sunggyu was relieved from everything for now, seeing Jieun sleeping beside her like everything has gone back to normal. But ironically, it hasn't at all. His fingers trailed lightly on her face, brushing away the tiny strands of hair away. He couldn't really sleep as he had enough rest, so he got up and flipped open the The Law of Vampires. One of the pages caught his attention and with the help of the dim moonlight outside, he was able to read.

Reincarnation: the rebirth of a soul in a new body.

Vampires die like humans despite having a longer life span up to a few centuries. But unlike a particular rank-the Purebloods, have the ability to reincarnate 100 years after death. Their soul will remain on the surface of the Earth, powerless and harmless, until a hundred years have passed. Then they could be reborn into a new life, a new body.

But of course, the cause of death must have nothing to do with a silver stake through the heart. A silver stake is a vampire's ultimate destruction that will permanently erase the existence of the targeted Pureblood, not allowing it to be reborn anymore.

The Silver Stake Death is only used on those who wish to disrupt the peace within vampires and humans and is considered the worst punishment to a Pureblood, leader of vampires.


 

Interesting... That is what Sunggyu thought after reading through. Vampires are not immortal as said in fairy tales. After all, everything has an end. At least now he knows that it is possible to kill a Pureblood.


 


 


 


 

Myungsoo stared at the Spell Book, still contemplating. Vampires who associate themselves with spells will result them in the shortening of their lifespan. If it is a powerful one, it could result them in immediate death. He can't risk losing her again, he just can't. After all they've been through to obtain a happy life, Woohyun wrecked it. He does not know why Woohyun is doing this, but he will not let him succeed for the second time.

He needs to use a spell on her, so she will remember. But he doesn't know how much lifespan of his will be taken, and he might have to wait another 100 years to finally reunite with her. It was a gamble for Myungsoo. He's been on Earth for quite some time before finally locating her and waiting for her to grow, so he doesn't know if he can still be alive if he uses the spell.

But then, he loves her too much. He's willing to do anything for her. So to him, it's worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Authornim: Back again with an update. Since things are progressing now in my mind, I have motivation to update! It's 2016 so HAPPY NEW YEAR YA'LL! I wish that it will be a good year ahead for everyone! All the best in whatever you all are doing and thank you for supporting this story! Leaveeee commentsss about your thoughts!! I want to know what you guys think <3 Stay tuned for updates! xoxo