Prologue

Deep Dark Love

She ran, out into the freezing winter snow. Piercing screams filled the night sky. She didn't look back, she didn't want to. Wearing nothing but a night gown splattered in blood, tears were streaming down her cheeks uncontrollably as she kept running into the unending woods. She forced herself to run as far as she could go. But unfortunately in the cold winter snow, she couldn't endure it any longer. Her speed decreased as her legs wobbled. She started to drag herself, breathing heavily. Eventually, she dropped to her knees and her vision blurred occasionally. She didn't know where she was.. she didn't know who or what she was running from.

Blood was seeping out from her forehead, she felt no pain. She was numbed by the cold weather. She could only feel her heart hammering in her chest, the throbbing pain was inevitable. The last thing she saw was her brother lying in a pool of blood, telling her to run. She knelt in the snow and screamed in pain. She then fell flat into the snow, fighting to keep her eyes open.

Within seconds, a silhouette that belonged to a man in a dark suit and a hat was right before her. She tried to look up, but she couldn't see his face clearly. All she saw was a pair of crimson eyes boring right into her soul. In the end, she gave up. Darkness and unconsciousness started to invade her. The mysterious man scooped her up in his arms, and walked away...