Chapter 2

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

I slowly sat up, adjusting to the bright sunlight shining through the windows. I turned back to see my smiling boyfriend, his eyes sparkling. I sent him a cheerful smile,

“I’ll go make breakfast, go wash up.”

“Wait, ~~~~ah! Did you forget something?”

“Hmmm”, I said, putting my index finger and thumb in a tick formation, resting it lightly on my chin as I thought. “Oh right!” I slowly paced back to him, placing a soft kiss upon his cold lips. “Good Morning!” I smiled against his lips.

He pulled back lightly, his eyes still looking straight into mine. “Good Morning to you too baby.” He smiled softly as he did his signature wink. I giggled quietly, sending him a wink back.

I stood up abruptly, “Time to make breakfast!” He chuckled to himself *She’s so adorable*. With that, I quickly paced out of the room, continuing my regular routine. 

As I finished, I called out to him, telling him that breakfast was ready. After waiting awhile in complete silence, I cocked my head to the side *What’s taking him so long?*. I made my way back up the stairs, calling out to him. I opened the door quietly to see him on the bed, clutching his head tightly. Letting out a small gasp and quickly making my way next to him.

“Honey what wrong?”

“My head, it’s killing me.”

“Why what’s wrong?” I asked, the worry clearly showing on my face.

“I don’t know, I’ve just got a huge headache!”

I jumped slightly at his tone, *He only uses that tone when he knows something is wrong*. I looked back into his eyes, only to see a small trickle of blood coming from his nose. At that moment, he realised the blood, touching it lightly.

“Crap!” He quickly held his nose to try and stop the flow continuing.

I gasped and quickly went to his aid. “Honey, move your hand so I can help you.” With my command, he quickly let go. I continued holding onto the bridge of his nose, grabbing a tissue in one swift movement. I placed the tissue against his nose, tilting his head up lightly.

As soon as the bleeding had stopped, I looked deep into his eyes. Seeing the look in his eyes, I knew we were both thinking about the same thing. *What’s wrong? Why the sudden symptoms?*

“Honey, I think it’s best if we go to see a doctor, just to be sure.”

“Nah babe, we’ll leave it for a few days. Maybe it’s just cause of the temperature change.” He replied, though inside he doubted the idea.

“Okay then Honey, whatever you say. But don’t leave it too long okay?”

“Yes ~” he said, with a hint of aegyo present in his tone. I smiled to him, to see a smile in return. “Well now come done for breakfast before it gets cold.”

~~~~

A few days had passed from that one incident, the headaches and nosebleeds had worsened. It was regular event now; I would always come into the room, to see Myungsoo clutching his head. Mumbling to himself, “Why is my head hurting so much? Please go away.”

It was an instinct, to come to his aid. To grab some tablets from the regularly opened bottle, giving them to him, to help ease the pain. The tablets would work for a while, until the excruciating pain returned.

“Honey, I think it’s time to go to the doctors.” Without a second word, he agreed. We quickly got ready and headed for the nearest hospital. Due to the repetitive pain, I agreed to drive, though I was not fully experienced with driving, as he usually drove, I figured it would be better than him having a headache while he was driving.