Chapter 18

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

I pressed the doorbell before stepping back to wait for an answer. I heard a few muffled sounds from inside the house, then the oh-so-familiar face opening the door for me.

“~~~~AH! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?” She exclaimed. “COME IN COME IN! HONEY! WE HAVE A VISITOR!” I stepped inside the house, inspecting the house which was like a second home to me. I heard a few loud footsteps coming down the stairs. I moved my eyes to the sounds and bowed 90 degrees to him.

“Oh ~~~~ah, I haven’t seen you in ages, what brings you here?” He asked as he stopped in front of me, looking me up and down noticing the huge change in my appearance since the last time he had seen me; before Myungsoo had disappeared.

“Hello Abonim and Omonim, I’ve come asking about Myungsoo.” I saw their facial expressions harden as they glanced nervously at each other. I didn’t understand what those glances meant, so I continued, “What actually happened to Myungsoo?” My voice cracked as I said his name, showing how nervous I was.

“Ah ~~~~ah, come on, come sit down.” Myungsoo’s mum gestured me to the lounge room where there were two large sofas infront of a fireplace. I awkwardly sat down on one of the sofas, placing my bag down next to me. They sat down across from me, looking worriedly into my eyes. I still did not understand why they were giving me those looks, but she soon explained.

“Well, ~~~~. The day we found out Myungsoo had brain cancer, he said that he had run away from you. To save you from seeing him suffer, so you could learn to move on incase he passed away. Alone, he went to get the treatment. He told us about the side effects.” She sighed deeply while she looked back and forth from me and her husband. “His brain cancer got cured, but he got a very big side effect. He….” She sighed once again, looking down at the floor to avoid my intense gaze. “He has amnesia.”

“A-A-Amnesia? So…. He forgot everything?”

“Well, not everything, he remembered us.”

“Anything else?”

“Oh yeah, there was one other thing. He said that he remembered a song. What was the title?” She looked at her husband who finished the sentence for her.

“Our Last Goodbye, I think it was.” I gasped at his few words, putting a hand up to my mouth.

“You…. You mean her forgot me?” As they nodded slowly, I tilted my head down, letting my tears flow down my cheeks. *He forgot me. My Kim Myungsoo, my life, her forgot me* I didn’t want it to be true; I shook my head, trying to wake up from another possible dream. But I felt pain, pain in my heart.  I returned my eyes to Myungsoo’s parents, who now had tears rolling down their cheeks.

“H-H-How long since he got the treatment?” I managed to stutter as the tears continued to flow out of my eyes. I heard his mum exhale deeply before explaining,

“He got the treatment the day after he left you. He was in a coma for a few months, but when he woke up, all he remembered was us, and that one song. ~~~~ah, how does he know that song?” Her voice wavered as she held back her tears. From my reaction before, it was quite obvious that the song had quite a lot of meaning to me.

“H-h-he wrote that song for me before he left me.” I whispered, before sighing. I heard Myungsoo’s parents gasp as they realised what this meant. He didn’t remember who I was, but he remembered the song that had meant so much to my life. *Myungsoo Oppa, why didn’t you stay with me? I could’ve helped you.*

~~~

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN! haha imagine that's epic music xD 

hehe told you to expect many more updates ^^ and in case you were wondering, i write all these beforehand. so, no i don't write that fast xD hehehe ^^ 

anyone else obsessed with Kara's Step? :L I know I am xD 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG 3 DAYS UNTIL INFINITEEEEEEEEEEE ! :D the teaser <3