Chapter 7

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

I carefully pulled the neatly folded paper from the envelope, opening it slowly as if it were about to rip. I slowly made my way to the piano, placing my hands over the keys as I played the melodious song. I let all my emotions release into the song, playing it with all my heart, hoping that it would bring Myungsoo back. *Please I beg you… Come back to me. I BEG YOU PLEASE!*

I screams as my hands pressed down harshly onto the pristine white keys which were now stained with my tears. I started to play once again, this time trying to hold myself back until the song had finished. *Why did you leave me Kim Myungsoo? Please… Explain to me… WHY?!*

I could not feel the pain physically as I played the song over and over again, I could only feel the pain that was present in my heart. I would play this song until Myungsoo came back.

∞ -End of flashback-

The song was on repeat in my mind, not leaving for a single second. I fear that if I did not repeat the song, I would forget about Myungsoo, though it was impossible to move on from Myungsoo.

Since that day, I had blocked everyone out from my world. My friends had all noticed the change and had steered away from me every time they caught my eye. I was not spoken to and I did not speak to anyone. It felt as if it was better than way. If I talked to anyone, I was afraid I would forget his voice, his laugh, his words.

That was until I met my saviour, a simple boy who I had never talked to nor seen before. He came up to me one day, and for the first time in a very long time, he asked what my name was. I was slightly surprised by this boy’s courage. His courage to talk to the ‘loner’ who had never been spoken to. I looked up and met his eyes, his eyes softly smiling at me as Myungsoo’s had. I opened my mouth to talk, but nothing came out. I tried again, but all that came out was a soft “Mmm”. Trying again one more time, my efforts paid off,

“My name is ~~~~.” I replied. His eyes twinkled as he chuckled.

“Nice to meet you ~~~~ah, my name if Lee Sungyeol. I hope we can get along well.” He smiled down at me, while putting his hand out waiting for me to shake it. I glanced down at his hand, then back at his face and with a trembling hand, slipped mine to his.

Almost immediately, a shiver went down my spine. It was the first time I had come in contact with anyone since Myungsoo had disappeared, the first time I had answered, listened or even thought about someone other than Myungsoo. *How did he get my mind off Myungsoo so quickly?*

He chuckled at my confused expression.

“Come on. You’ll be late for class.” He said before grabbing my hand and pulling me onto my two feet. He led me along the school corridors.

“Luckily, we’re in the same class. So I can sit next to you!” He cheered happily like an innocent little boy.

Lee Sungyeol, he was the one who opened me back up to the world, who pulled me out of my depressed world. If it wasn’t for him, I would still be the person I was before; living in silence blocking myself from the world. 

~~~

WOO! Sungyeol to the rescue (: hehe ^^ mmmmm who knows, if i can think of something to write, I might update again today :D