Chapter 5

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

“------ah don’t leave me. Please don’t leave me.” Myungsoo was lying in the hospital bed, reaching out to me as he became smaller and smaller with every passing second. The distance between us was unbearable. If I didn’t hear his heartbeat, it felt like I was on the other side of the world. I reached out for Myungsoo, only to be pulled back further and further. Further away from Myungsoo.

I abruptly sat up, screaming an ear-piercing scream. I turned to my side, to see a startled Myungsoo looking worriedly into my eyes.

“It’s okay baby, it was just a dream. I’m here for you.”

*How long will you be here for me? Will you stay until we die together?*

I burst into another stream of tears, clutching desperately onto Myungsoo’s shirt as if if I let go, he would disappear before my eyes.

“Please don’t leave me Myungsoo. Please... I beg you… Don’t leave me.” I whispered into his chest, hoping time would slow down.

He pulled back slightly, cupping my face with his two hands.

“I will stay with you for the rest of my life.” He assured me. “I promise you, I will take care of you until my very last breath.” I immediately relaxed, my shoulders going back to their original position as I lay back down onto the bed. I closed my eyes tightly, enclosing myself into another moment of deep slumber.

I woke up to yet another yell, I sat up immediately, looking quickly around to see what the problem was, I saw Myungsoo kneeling on the floor, clutching his head once again, yelling in pain. I ran to his side, grabbing his face and telling him to breathe. His expression softened as soon as the pain disappeared.

“We need to go back to the hospital, we can’t let this continue.” I told him. Once again, without a second word, we got ready to go out. When we arrived at the hospital, the familiar sick feeling built up in my stomach.

*Today, I find out if he really does have brain cancer* It hurt to say those two words “brain cancer”. Knowing that those two words could end Myungsoo’s life at anytime.

After a few scans and a long wait in the waiting room. Myungsoo was finally called back into the room. The future was held in this tiny room, the doctor’s expression unreadable.

“I’m sorry Kim Myungsoo, but it seems that you have brain cancer.” My world stopped immediately, my blood ran cold, my life turning upside down after those simple words. *This can’t be happening…*

“NO! THAT’S NOT TRUE!” I yelled furiously, not wanting to believe what the doctor was saying. Myungsoo looked warily at me, tears blurring his vision. I knew that was the truth, I knew that the doctor was not lying. *Why couldn’t this all just be a dream? Why can’t I wake up to the usual smiling face without having to worry about it being the last day? Why me? Of all people on their earth…. Why did it have to be the one who brought me back up on my feet?*

Daggers continued to make their way through my heart, ripping pieces out in the process. I began to cry, letting my emotions out. Looking back at Myungsoo, my tears came out stronger and faster than ever.

“I-is there a w-way t-to cure t-this?” I asked desperate, choking on my words as I talked. The doctor nodded his head softly.

“Yes there is a cure, but it does not have a 100% perfect outcome.”

As he explained the treatment in detail, we both nodded in understanding. *Was this the right thing to do?* 

~~~

I'm baaaaaaack ^^ Sorry, I was caught up for the past few days...

YAY! 4 more days until the end of Term 3. I'll hopefully be updating more then, so please don't eat me til then >.< 

-nodnod- writer's block is killing me D:< 

OOOOH anyone into B1A4? hehehe Beautiful Target is too adorable <3 

Infinite's repackaged is coming out 2 days before my sister's birthday, and Kyu Jong's solo song is released on her birthday. :L Lucky ey? haha she's a HUGEEEEE fan of both of them xD 

Please be patient (: I'll hopefully update one more time today ^^ 

Haha i realised how long this part is... BUT ... yeah ~~~ haha >.<