Chapter 19

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

With my new knowledge about Myungsoo, I decided to tell the other boys about it. I knocked rapidly on the door of their dorm, I couldn’t keep my anticipation inside. After a few shouts from the recognisable voice of Sunggyu, Sungjong opened the door for me.

“OH! ~~~~AH what are you doing here?” Sungjong asked happily after giving me a big bear hug.

“I just have something I need to discuss with the boys.” Sungjong nodded and moved out of the way, gesturing for me to come in. As soon I walked into the dorm, the heads of the boys all turned towards me. I was greeted with a bunch of hugs and shouts. I hadn’t seen all of the boys for a few weeks, so it felt like a huge reunion. I looked around, noticing that Myungsoo was not around.

“Oppas, where is L Oppa?” I asked as I continued to look around for Myungsoo. I continued to use L instead of Myungsoo in case the boys did not know Myungsoo’s real name.

“He went to get some food, did you need to tell us something?” Sungyeol told me as I nodded. *Perfect* After telling all the boys to sit in a circle on the floor, I began,

“Oppas, do you know L’s real name?” The boys all shook their heads as I continued.

“Oppas, his real name is Kim Myungsoo.” I noticed that all the boys froze at those two words. The silence took over until Sungjong asked.

“Is he…. THE Kim Myungsoo?” I nodded before all 6 jaws dropped to the floor.

“Care to fill us in?” Woohyun asked curiously as he nudged Sungyeol to close his mouth. It felt like the first sleepover I had with all the boys. I told them every detail, telling the story in almost the exact same words as Myungsoo’s mum had told me. The boys all listened intently, without a single word to say. As I finished I looked around once more, noticing the beyond shocked expressions of the boys.

Just at the moment, the door swung open, Myungsoo walked in with two bulging bags full of groceries.

“I’M BACK!” He yelled almost too happily. He walked into the lounge room, slightly surprised by the awkward silence. He noticed that I was sitting in the centre of the circle; he gave me one of his cold glares before walking off to the kitchen. It seemed that all the boys had noticed that glare that Myungsoo gave me and looked at me with sympathy. I shook my head and directed my gaze to the floor.

“MYUNGSOO-AH COME HERE!” Sunggyu yelled as he cupped his hands around his mouth. Myungsoo came almost immediately, he knew better than to mess with the leader. He sat down beside Sunggyu, looking around the circle curiously.

“Who is ~~~~ to you?” Sunggyu asked seriously. Myungsoo lifted his head slightly, looking at me straight in the eye. I could no longer see the sparkle in his eye, it was now pitch black. I knew that look anywhere, he didn’t remember me at all.

“Uhh… I guess, she’s your friend.” My jaw dropped. *Did he just call me ‘your friend’?* My head lowered as a few tears escaped from my eyes. As I titled my head back up, I heard a few gasps from the boys and Sungyeol, who was sitting next to me, gave me a light pat on the back. They could all feel the pain I was going through, and they didn’t know of anyways to fix it. “Why? Am I supposed to know her?” Myungsoo continued, the confusion written all over his face. I breathed heavily out and back in until I said,

“Myungsoo Oppa, I….I…I’m… your…. Girlfriend.” I stuttered, as some of the boys turned their heads to Myungsoo to see what his reaction would be.

“Psh, just because I’m good looking doesn’t mean I’m your boyfriend.” He scoffed as he tilted his head slightly up. I could see the anger in the boys’ eyes as they glared at Myungsoo. I felt the tight feeling that was all too familiar with me build up in my chest. I stood up and ran into the closest room I could find, slamming the door before sliding down onto the floor. I sat with my back against the door as I let all my feelings out. All those years we had together, he had forgotten them. All the promises he had made, he had forgotten them. That last letter he had written for me “I will cherish the memories forever and will keep them close to my heart”, he had forgotten them.

My tears continuously flowed down my cheeks as I slowly got up and placed myself in one of the beds. I realised that I had come into Sungyeol, Hoya and Sungjong’s room. I lay down on the bottom bunk of the bed and stared at the wall. I fell asleep, with tears still coming out of my eyes. 

~~~

AYOOO MYUNGSOO-AH! ~~

Thanks for the awesome comments people <3 (: 

Still in the planning process for my new fic (: