Chapter 16

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

Walking back into the kitchen, the delicious smell of Woohyun’s cooking woke me up immediately. I could no longer feel the pain in my head as I walked up to Woohyun. I looked over his shoulder to see him expertly cooking some Kimchi soup. I smiled as I looked up at Woohyun, he smiled back down at me before telling me to call the other boys to come eat. After calling the boys to do so, we all sat down at the table happily gazing at the mouth-watering food Woohyun had made. Digging in to the food, smiles plastered over all our faces. We smiled up at Woohyun, whose expectant face turned into a smile.

I looked down, reminiscing in the moment, remembering how my mother used to cook for me.

-Flash back-

“~~~~AH COME EAT! CALL YOUR DAD AS WELL!” My mum called loudly as she waved me over. I went down to the study room, where my dad was busy on his computer, typing away. I cleared my throat to get his attention, as he turned around, his glasses slid slightly down his nose. He tilted his head down, getting a clear look at me before I told him to come and eat. He nodded and stood up, minimising his screen in the process.

Sitting down to the familiar smell of my mum’s cooking; I smiled to both my parents. They both smiled back at me. I dug in, stuffing my face full as I usually did. My mum laughed as she told me to slow down. After assuring my mum that nothing would happen because I always ate that fast, I continued to stuff my face. My parents shook their heads, smiles still on their faces.

-End of flashback-

This would be a normal setting for most families, but for my family, it was different. My mum was always out, working hard for a living. While my mum was never home, my dad was ALWAYS home, but he never paid attention to anyone or anything besides his work. He was permanently glued to his computer chair, typing away. Though we were not so close, it still broke my heart when the accident happened, it felt like a piece of my heart had been taken with them into heaven. That was where Myungsoo had brought me up. I smiled again to myself and continued to stuff my face full.

I slowly looked back up, realising that all 7 pairs of eyes were staring at me, including L’s. I was slightly taken aback, gazing confusedly around at the boys.

“W-W-What?” I stuttered, still surprise by the sudden silence. They all started laughing, including L. I was surprised by L, it was the first time I had seen him laugh. But it felt as if I had seen his laugh before, it felt so familiar. *Where have I seen him before?*

As soon as they calmed down, I continued to stare at them, the reason of their outburst still unknown to me. I felt tissue reach my face, wiping my lips in the process. I followed the arm back to Sungyeol’s smiling face. My face reddened, at the contact, I noticed that Sungyeol’s face had slightly reddened as well. The boys were oblivious to this though, as soon as Sungyeol had helped me, they had gone back to their usual conversations. *Why do I always blush when I’m around Sungyeol?* 

~~~

OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHINEE'S KEY :D WOO ^^ 

LOLOL i think this fic will have a really crap ending :L I at endings D':