Chapter 12

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

Sungyeol’s POV

I sighed heavily, as she walked away from me, looking for the boy who had shoved her. I wasn’t fully sure of my feelings for her either, but whenever I saw her, my heart would skip a beat. “Maybe this isn’t supposed to be”

I lowered my head, and shook it softly. *I’ll give up my own happiness for hers* Deep inside, I knew that no one could take her heart, that the owner of her heart had already moved on.  That she would never love someone as much as she had loved him. Kim Myungsoo. If I had been there for her when she needed me the most, I would stay until the very end *I envy you, Kim Myungsoo*

Back to you POV

The next few days weren’t very different from the last. He would always bump me in the corridor, not ever apologising or sending another glance my way. I was utterly confused by this boy’s actions *Why was he being so mean? Did he have something against me?*

Mystery Boy’s POV

*What was she doing to my heart? Why did she always send me shivers? I need to get rid of her, before she does anything to me*

With that thought, I left the school grounds, anxious to get away from the girl who attracted me to her, like a magnet. It felt like our hearts were glued together, not having a way to pull apart.

*Why was this happening? Why did I only feel this way when I saw her?*

Back to you POV

I arrived at school the next day, to be greeted by yet another tackle of hugs from a group of familiar faces. Today the atmosphere was different; it seemed much more cheery than usual.

“Oh? Oppas, is there good news?”

“MORE THAN GOOD NEWS ~~~~AH!” Sungjong squealed, hugging me tightly before putting me back down at Sunggyu’s command. I turned back towards the rest of the boys.

“What’s the good news Oppas?”

“WE’RE GONNA BE IDOLS!” All the boys chorused together.

“WHAT?!” I asked, in utter shock. *These boys… Can sing?* My jaw dropped as I looked around, at the genuinely smiling faces.

“No pranks right Oppas?” I questioned, not quite believing what they had told me.

“No joke ~~~~ah. We’re going to be idols.” Woohyun assured me, giving me a light pat on the back.

“WAHHH! OPPAS I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!” I cheered jumping up and down giving a big group hug to all the boys. “Wait… Can Oppas sing?”

They all looked at each other before Sungjong exclaimed,

“FOLLOW ME!” He skipped off the park near the school, as the rest of us tagged along. We all sat down on the bridge of the playground, gazing happily at each other.

“1, 2, 3, 4.” Sunggyu counted them in. Immediately the boys began singing, their mellifluous voices echoing through the calming atmosphere. I found myself swaying to the music, looking at each other the boys’ faces, smiling at their sincerity and emotions. I didn’t want it to end, but when it did, my jaw automatically dropped, amazed at the beautiful music I had just heard had come from no other than my new friends.

After regaining my composure, I asked the boys,

“So, have you thought of a group name yet?”

“Yes!” Sungjong yelled excitedly, “Infinite.”

“In-pi-ni-teu?”

“Yeah, Infinite!”

After a long and clear explanation, I finally understood the meaning of the name. I laughed merrily at the boys’ excitement.

“Is it alright if I call you guys Infinite?” They all nodded happily, agreeding with the idea. I giggled at their enthusiasm.

“Oh yeah, one more thing ~~~~ah. There’s going to be another member as well. His name is L!” Sungyeol exclaimed, feeling happy about gaining another friend.

~~~

Hello there (: 1 more day until the holidays ^^ Just felt like updating before I go try to finish all my holiday homework... -sigh- i already have 2 projects to do D': 

WELL HWAITING! :D i'll update as soon as I finish (: