Chapter 9

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

After playing the song over and over again, I finally retreated into my room. Changing in my pyjamas and tucking myself under the covers. I could no longer smell his scent in the room, nevertheless, the house. The house was now replaced with an empty scent. Closing my eyes, I fell into a deep slumber.

I woke up the next morning to a rainy day, the rain splattering across the windows, breaking the silence which was normal to me now. I quickly got ready for school and ran out of the house, forgetting about breakfast entirely. When I arrived at school, I was suddenly tackled by a huge bunch of people. I looked up to see all of the boys hugging me tightly. I could make out their faces clearly from the closeness.

“Yah! Guys lets her go, you’re going to suffocate her!” A familiar voice yelled from behind me. I turned my head slowly to face Sungyeol’s smiling expression.

All the boys immediately let go, shuffling back to Sungyeol’s side and laughing heartily. I couldn’t help but laugh along. I could see the boys staring at me with surprised expressions.  *Oh right, they probably think I laugh really weird.*

I immediately stopped laughing, going back my original straight face.

“Sorry….” I bowed my head slightly. I heard a light chuckle and looked back up. As if Woohyun had read my mind, he said,

“We weren’t staring because of how you laugh. We were staring at how cute you are!” The boys all nodded in agreement. I immediately brightened, laughing along with them as they made their way to class.

As soon as school had finished; I met with Sungyeol at the gate.

“Hey -----ah, do you want to come over tonight? My friends and I are having a sleepover; do you want to come along?” I hesitated slightly at the thought of sleeping over with 6 other boys.  

“Don’t worry; you can sleep in a separate room if you like.” With that, I nodded in agreement, and smiled up at Sungyeol. He returned the smile as he led the way. Just as he was walking away, I closed my eyes. *Sorry Myungsoo, but these are the only friends that I can make at this moment* I bowed to an imaginary Myungsoo and quickly ran to catch up with Sungyeol. 

~~~

Sorry, this is a really short chapter.... BUT i'll update very soon (: