Chapter 6

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

It had been an hour since the facts had been confirmed. The silence still lingering, there were no words that could be said. No words that could turn back time, or stop Myungsoo from his suffering.

“Y-you n-need to g-get the t-treatment Myungsoo.” I stuttered, looking down at the floor, unable to meet his gaze as this would start the tears once again.

There was no answer from Myungsoo, only a slight nod before he turned around a headed up to our room. I stood in complete silence looking at my surroundings.

*How would things be without him? How would I survive?* I quickly ran up the stairs afraid that he would leave me if I wasn’t be his side for a single second.

Opening the door slightly, I could see Myungsoo sitting on the bed deep in thought. Interrupting his thoughts, I turned off the lights. Making my way to be the bed, I crawled under the covers. Myungsoo lay down beside me, pulling the covers over the both of us as he snuggled close.

I inhaled his familiar scent once again, not knowing if this would be the last time this would be possible. I fell asleep almost immediately, lying comfortably in Myungsoo’s embrace. Before I fell into my deep sleep, I heard two faint words escape from Myungsoo’s lips.

“I’m sorry.”

~~~

I woke up to and empty bed the next morning. I looked around rubbing my tired eyes and adjusting to the bright sunlight. *Hmmm... He must be in the bathroom. I hopped out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

On the other side of the door, all I could hear was silence. Opening the door slightly, I peeped in, only to see complete emptiness.

*Hmm… maybe he’s downstairs* Walking downstairs I repeatedly called out his name, expecting a simple reply in return. I inspected the house for what seemed like forever, looking in every corner in case he was there. Pain struck my heart like a metal bat as I kneeled helplessly onto the floor.

*Myungsoo Oppa… Where are you?* I opened my bulging bag, grabbing my mobile phone from inside. I scrolled down my contact list and stopped at the name “Myungsoo Oppa”. I clicked anxiously on his name and put the phone up to my ear. *Pick up please pick up*

The ongoing ringing brought sadness to my heart as the seconds ticked by. The seconds turned to minutes as I sat and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. *Where is he?* I ran into the kitchen, desperately trying to find Myungsoo. All I found was a simple envelope on the kitchen counter, I opened the envelope quickly, expecting it to say something like “I’ll be back in a few minutes, I’ve gone to the grocery store”. But the contents were far from what I expected.

“These are possibly the last words I will say to you. By the time you are reading this, I will be resting peacefully in heaven.

I'm writing this letter to help you, to tell you, that this does not mean it is the end of the world. There are plenty of people out there to create a new life with. Knowing you for the majority of my life was definitely not something I will ever regret. I will cherish the memoires forever and will keep them close to my heart. But you, must let them go, restart your life, as I said before, it is not the end.

Before I leave, I have one last present for you. You will find another note inside this package. It is a song that I wrote for you; to tell you that though it maybe be my end, it is not yours. I named it “Our Last Goodbye”.

Love - Kim Myungsoo.”

*No…No… NO! MYUNGSOO YOU CAN’T LEAVE!* I kneeled down onto the ground, clutching the area where my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I stay in that position clutching my heart, hoping for this all to be a dream. I finally rose from the ground, curious about the song which Myungsoo had written before he left. 

~~~

Hehe, double update like I said (: 

Ready for a triple update? ^^