Chapter 4

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

Finally releasing my hands from his cheeks, I clutched onto the tire, blinking back the tears to clear my vision as I drove silently back home. As we walked down the driveway, his headache returned. I scrambled through my keys and unlocked the door, quickly dragging him inside and sitting him down onto the big sofa. I ran upstairs, not caring if I injured myself in any way. I would help him, even if it meant I had to hurt myself in the process. I ran into our room, grabbing the bottle of tablets from the bedside table. It was full a few days ago, but the extremely light weight of the container sent shivers down my spine.

With trembling hands, I unscrewed the lid, only to be greeted by the clean bottom of the bottom. My eyes widened as I realised what this meant *I need to get new tablets* I quickly ran down the stairs grabbing my coat off the rack and running back to Myungsoo.

“Honey, I need to run to the shop to get some new tablets. I’ll be back as fast as I can.”

Just as I was turning around to run out the door, I felt a tight grasp around my wrist.

“Save me ----ah. Why am I like this?”

The tight feeling built up once again in my chest.

“Honey, you’ll be alright. Just let me go buy some tablets then everything will be fine!” I said anxiously, trying to twist out of Myungsoo’s iron grip.

“It doesn’t work…” Myungsoo whispered. I ducked my head to his level, leaning in asking him to repeat what he had said.

“It doesn’t work.” He repeated once again, in a softer voice then before. I looked at him with a confused expression.

“What doesn’t work?”

“THE TABLETS! THE TABLETS AREN’T HELPING!” He yelled furiously, grabbing his hair and shaking his head. My eyes widened as the facts sunk in. *His condition must be getting worse*

I slowly got back up onto my feet, glancing at Myungsoo before explaining to him that even if the tablets didn’t work; I still needed to buy some just in case. He nodded his head softly in understanding. Giving him a long kiss, I ran out the door. Fumbling with the keys as I went; I turned the car on and made my way to the closest drug store. *I’ll be there for you, so please stay with me* I rushed through the store, grabbing all the pain-killers I could find.

I was preparing for the worst as I stepped back into the house. I quickly pulled off my shoes rushing to the lounge room to check on Myungsoo. He was sitting there, in the same position as when I had left him. I slowly made my way up to him, sitting down carefully next to him as if he were as fragile as a porcelain vase.

I put my hands gently over his, and gazed deeply into his eyes.

“We need to go to the doctor again tomorrow. Just to make sure, okay Honey?” I asked quietly, he nodded in response before returning his gaze to where it had been before. I sighed as I pulled the packet of painkillers out of my bag. I had bought a very large range of pain killers; in hope that maybe one of them would help ease Myungsoo’s pain. I stood up, making my way to the bathroom to put the new painkillers into the cupboard.

*Please work, please help Myungsoo* I thought to the pain killers as if I was going insane. In fact, I was going insane, I couldn't imagine life without Kim Myungsoo, how I would not have a reason to smile, how I would not be able to continue living the life I have now. I walked silently back into our room, sitting down on the bed and releasing all the emotions inside me. Though I didn’t want him to see me crying, I couldn’t keep my tears in.

They were building up inside me every time I saw Myungsoo. Every time, it would shatter my heart into a million pieces. Sobbing quietly to myself, I heard the door creak open. To see a very solemn Myungsoo gazing back at me. He made his way back to our bed, turning off the lights. He hopped into bed next to me.

“Baby, let it out. Don’t keep it inside, just let it out.” He whispered to me. That was when I broke down, all the emotions pouring out of me. The moonlight reflected off Myungsoo’s perfect facial features. *How could I live without him?* I asked myself over and over again. Expected an answer in return, but only receiving silence.

Hearing the quiet sobs of Myungsoo shattered my already broken heart. That night, we both cried ourselves to sleep, seeing out tear stained faces before finally failing asleep in each other’s embrace.

~~~

ㅠ_ㅠ 

I don't think i'll be updating for a few days... so i've updated more today (: homework overload D':